New guy here.

  • automechanicx
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hey guys whats up? Figured I would introduce myself.

      I am a big fan of legos. Have been for years. My collection is quite
      small.

      I have way to many different collections. I have decided that I want
      to liquidate most of my collections but one. I decided that the
      collection and hobby I want to occupy the majority of my time and
      money with is legos. Its the one thing I have never grown tired of,
      and if I grow tired of something lego I can always take it apart an
      rebuild into something new. So thats where I am now. Trying to sell
      off my other collections and build up my lego collection.

      I love building stuff, but designing things is just not my thing at
      the moment. I want to change that. I want to be able to come up with
      a cool original idea and build it. I need help though and I am hoping
      that interaction with others who have the same passion will help. I
      would also love to build something that would be worthy of displaying
      at brickcon. I might be able to with everyones help this year, but
      not planning on it. If it happens it happens.

      Also I have a large undertaking that I am working on, part of a
      project I have always wanted to do, and part of a way in increase my
      lego collection. It will take a while though to complete this goal as
      its a very very big undertaking.

      Lately, as far as factory lego sets, the ones that peak my intereste
      are Helicopters and Submarines.

      Well hope to meet you guys at the upcoming meet. Later.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
        Welcome aboard. What's your name and where are you from?
        David

        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "automechanicx" <automechanic@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
          Oh yeah my name hehe. Name is Joel and I am from Allentown.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "automechanicx" <automechanic@...> wrote:

            > Oh yeah my name hehe. Name is Joel and I am from Allentown.

            Well we're living here in Allentown

            I'm sorry. It was too hard to resist.

            Cale
            I'm Fountain of Useless Knowledge
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "automechanicx" <automechanic@...> wrote:

              > Hey guys whats up? Figured I would introduce myself.
              >
              > I am a big fan of legos. Have been for years. My collection is quite
              > small.
              >
              > I have way to many different collections. I have decided that I want
              > to liquidate most of my collections but one. I decided that the
              > collection and hobby I want to occupy the majority of my time and
              > money with is legos. Its the one thing I have never grown tired of,
              > and if I grow tired of something lego I can always take it apart an
              > rebuild into something new. So thats where I am now. Trying to sell
              > off my other collections and build up my lego collection.
              >
              > I love building stuff, but designing things is just not my thing at
              > the moment. I want to change that. I want to be able to come up with
              > a cool original idea and build it. I need help though and I am hoping
              > that interaction with others who have the same passion will help. I
              > would also love to build something that would be worthy of displaying
              > at brickcon. I might be able to with everyones help this year, but
              > not planning on it. If it happens it happens.
              >
              > Also I have a large undertaking that I am working on, part of a
              > project I have always wanted to do, and part of a way in increase my
              > lego collection. It will take a while though to complete this goal as
              > its a very very big undertaking.
              >
              > Lately, as far as factory lego sets, the ones that peak my intereste
              > are Helicopters and Submarines.
              >
              > Well hope to meet you guys at the upcoming meet. Later.

              Welcome aboard Joel.

              Cale
            • leggodt_5150
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2009
                I'm right down the road! I live in Macungie.

                - Dudley

                wrote:

                > Oh yeah my name hehe. Name is Joel and I am from Allentown.

              • Phillip Thorne
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009
                  On Thu, 01 Jan 2009, you wrote:
                  >Hey guys whats up? Figured I would introduce myself.

                  Welcome, Joel from Allentown!

                  You've found PennLUG (which, given your location, is the closer
                  group), but I'd like to extend a big plastic greeting from DelVaLUG,
                  centered on Philadelphia. Our Yahoo! Group is private, so your posts
                  aren't visible to passing web-surfers (for when that might be a
                  consideration).

                  >I am a big fan of legos. [...]

                  (Psst... it's "LEGO bricks." Mind the trademark! Some people are
                  picky about it.)

                  --
                  ** DelVaLUG: The Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group *****
                  ** www.delvalug.com **