Re: Refresh Window on the Community (busy store)

  • weasel474747
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 11, 2008
      I just stopped by the Lego store and talked to Michelle. She said
      storing a box in the back room is not an option. They need all the
      space they have.

      So we're back to the previous option:
      I can take everything home with me and then bring it to the meeting on
      December 20. I have a big, sturdy, brand new Rubbermade Roughneck
      container that should fit everything, with no chance of anything
      getting lost. I saw where the splits between the modules were, so I
      will bag each one separately inside the container. I have no kids,
      pets, or smokers around to put your stuff in danger.

      If at least one person with bricks in the display gives me permission
      and no one dissents (but I won't be offended if you do), I'll go ahead
      and make the swap early tomorrow afternoon. Just to be clear, I'll be
      putting this in the display:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjedwards47/2315432453/in/set-72157604059933526/
      along with the current Pennlug sign.

      Please reply soon! I'll be on a business trip for a few days next
      week, so I'm trying to take care of this before then.
      Thanks!
      -Chris

      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "weasel474747" <cjedwards47@...> wrote:

      > Should I consider myself this agent? It's still not clear if are
      > people ok with that...
      > If so, my only question is: will it be clear what the division between
      > modules is, for bagging them separately? Otherwise I can bag them all
      > together (big bags from the Lego store are sturdy, and I can even
      > bring those in myself), and/or put them in a big Rubbermaid container
      > (I have a spare one at home) instead of a box.
      >
      > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Thorne" <pethorne@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Thorne" <pethorne@>
      > > proposed:
      > > > Alternately: the Window gets swapped on a week*day* instead of a
      > > > weekend (assuming weekdays are less busy) by an appointed agent,
      who
      > > > holds the items and delivers them at the 12/20 weekend meeting.
      > >
      > > Modified alternative: Appointed agent swaps the case on a weekday,
      but
      > > leaves the cavebase in a box in the stockroom (subject to the store's
      > > approval, of course), from where it can be retrieved quickly even
      on a
      > > busy weekend.
      > >
      > > Put each contributor's module in a bag (supermarket-type bags would
      > > work; maybed double-bagged, since they tend to grow holes) to retain
      > > any loose elements, and label the box prominently on all sides:
      > > PROPERTY OF PENNLUG MEMBER(S).

    • Phillip Thorne
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 11, 2008
        On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:53, Chris/"weasel474747" wrote:
        >I just stopped by the Lego store and talked to Michelle. She said
        >storing a box in the back room is not an option. [...] So [...]
        >I can take everything home with me and then bring it to the meeting on
        >December 20. [...]
        >If at least one person with bricks in the display gives me permission
        >and no one dissents (but I won't be offended if you do), I'll go ahead
        >and make the swap early tomorrow afternoon. [...]
        >Please reply soon! [...]

        I think four people contributed to the cavebase, including myself
        (Phil Thorne) and KC R. (who might be unaware of this because her
        computer might be inoperative).

        On general principle (and further consideration of my suggestions),
        it's probably not a good idea to assign agent authority to Chris at
        this time. As he himself noted upon his introduction, we haven't met
        him in person yet, so we cannot verify his veracity. I don't think
        email alone is a strong enough demonstration of trustworthiness, and
        Lord knows there are plenty of silver-tongued spoofers out there.

        (We do need to establish an acting-agent protocol, since this will be
        a recurring need/convenience.)

        Not to be rude (Chris, everybody), but I prefer paranoia/caution when
        there's no time-urgency, and on the Window, there isn't. I don't
        think store visitiors will complain if it's not swapped until January.

        We can stock the business card holder on 12/20.

        --
        ** DelVaLUG: The Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group *****
        ** www.delvalug.com **
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 11, 2008
          Ok, that's all I needed. I won't touch it!
          -Chris