September meeting on the 20th at KOP LEGO store!!!!-time?

  • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 15, 2008
      greetings:)

      the mall opens at 10am, so i was shooting for 10ish, get our 'official
      business' out of the way and then check out the store.

      or...

      sprint to the store first and give the pab wall a good once over and
      chat while stuffing:)

      my sister-in-law is moving so i'll need to get on the road by noonish
      -chris aka 'the conductor of chaos' (though my son is giving me some
      competition)

      "gift receipts are the best, because you can return anything and
      exchange it for lego instead:)"
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 15, 2008
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera" <legolover530@...> wrote:

        > greetings:)
        >
        > the mall opens at 10am, so i was shooting for 10ish, get our 'official
        > business' out of the way and then check out the store.
        >
        > or...
        >
        > sprint to the store first and give the pab wall a good once over and
        > chat while stuffing:)
        >
        > my sister-in-law is moving so i'll need to get on the road by noonish
        > -chris aka 'the conductor of chaos' (though my son is giving me some
        > competition)
        >
        > "gift receipts are the best, because you can return anything and
        > exchange it for lego instead:)"

        ahhhh, our philly spy is hard at work gathering info I see.  We should be there about 10'ish
      • Elina Hand
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 17, 2008
          Hey gang!

          I got a sneak preview of the chaos of the store this afternoon when i dropped of the last
          models that Tracie needed done for the opening!

          There were blocks everywhere and the store is going to be great.
          10 minutes from work!

          We (me and Max) will not be at the "meeting" this Saturday, soccer game.
          We might be able to get there for lunch, but I am not going to rush.

          Say "hello" to Tracie and drive safe.

          We look forward to meeting all of you at some point, but not this weekend.

          On a non-related note, I tried to write to the people in the DelVal-Lug, but to no avail.
          I am not sure if this store might be a great way to get another LUG happening closer to
          Philadelphia, seeming that we are just of exit 312 and the KOP Mall is exit 326.

          Any suggestions on snagging more people at the store or signing people up during on of
          the next events?

          It might even be a good opportunity to have a "Brick-sylvania" event in the spring to
          counter the 6 month wait until the nearest event in Washington DC around Labor Day each
          year.

          Thanks and good night and happy building,

          Brett
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
            Cool- that's a great idea about getting more people involved and
            maybe working on an event. Brick Jamboree, anyone?

            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Elina Hand" <familyhand@...> wrote:

            > Hey gang!
            >
            > I got a sneak preview of the chaos of the store this afternoon
            when i dropped of the last
            > models that Tracie needed done for the opening!
            >
            > There were blocks everywhere and the store is going to be great.
            > 10 minutes from work!
            >
            > We (me and Max) will not be at the "meeting" this Saturday, soccer
            game.
            > We might be able to get there for lunch, but I am not going to
            rush.

            > Say "hello" to Tracie and drive safe.
            >
            > We look forward to meeting all of you at some point, but not this
            weekend.

            > On a non-related note, I tried to write to the people in the
            DelVal-Lug, but to no avail.
            > I am not sure if this store might be a great way to get another
            LUG happening closer to
            > Philadelphia, seeming that we are just of exit 312 and the KOP
            Mall is exit 326.

            > Any suggestions on snagging more people at the store or signing
            people up during on of
            > the next events?
            >
            > It might even be a good opportunity to have a "Brick-sylvania"
            event in the spring to
            > counter the 6 month wait until the nearest event in Washington DC
            around Labor Day each
            > year.
            >
            > Thanks and good night and happy building,
            >
            > Brett

          • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
              sad greetings all...

              before schlepping off with my four-month old in tow, i decided to
              call kop info (610-265-5727) to confirm the opening, and alas, it
              seems the 'chaos' was a bit too much (it wasn't me) so the store
              opening has been postponed until friday.

              good luck tracie! the thoughts and prayers of PennLUG are with you
              during this time. our money will soone follow once the store opens:)

              -chris
              "the conductor of chaos" (but i would never interfere with a LEGO
              store opening, especially one so close! (uneventful nuclear inferno
              at a 'compatible with LEGO' toy factory, distributor, retailer or
              corporate headquarters...no promises:O)

              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Elina Hand" <familyhand@...> wrote:

              > Hey gang!
              >
              > I got a sneak preview of the chaos of the store this afternoon when
              i dropped of the last
              > models that Tracie needed done for the opening!
              >
              > There were blocks everywhere and the store is going to be great.
              > 10 minutes from work!
              >
              > We (me and Max) will not be at the "meeting" this Saturday, soccer
              game.
              > We might be able to get there for lunch, but I am not going to rush.
              >
              > Say "hello" to Tracie and drive safe.
              >
              > We look forward to meeting all of you at some point, but not this
              weekend.

              > On a non-related note, I tried to write to the people in the DelVal-
              Lug, but to no avail.
              > I am not sure if this store might be a great way to get another LUG
              happening closer to
              > Philadelphia, seeming that we are just of exit 312 and the KOP Mall
              is exit 326.

              > Any suggestions on snagging more people at the store or signing
              people up during on of
              > the next events?
              >
              > It might even be a good opportunity to have a "Brick-sylvania"
              event in the spring to
              > counter the 6 month wait until the nearest event in Washington DC
              around Labor Day each
              > year.
              >
              > Thanks and good night and happy building,
              >
              > Brett

            • tspickerman
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                Hey guys,
                The store is open and ready for visitors! We have a community
                display case that needs a little help. The case is 28 inches tall by
                13 inches deep and 18 inches across. Do we have any builders in the
                group interested in displaying an origional creation in the store?
                We would love to see what you come up with =)
                I look forward to seeing all of you this weekend. Let me know if I
                can do for you guys.
                Tracie

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                  That is awesome news. The community display case sounds like a great
                  project. We'll have to discuss this more on Saturday.

                  Cale

                  --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "tspickerman" <akacrash@...> wrote:

                  > Hey guys,
                  > The store is open and ready for visitors! We have a community
                  > display case that needs a little help. The case is 28 inches tall by
                  > 13 inches deep and 18 inches across. Do we have any builders in the
                  > group interested in displaying an origional creation in the store?
                  > We would love to see what you come up with =)
                  > I look forward to seeing all of you this weekend. Let me know if I
                  > can do for you guys.
                  > Tracie
                  >
                  > > King of Prussia Mall, King of Prussia, PA
                  > >
                  > > Store will officially open for business on Sept 18
                  > >
                  > > Grand Opening Celebration Weekend will be Oct 3 – 5
                  > >
                  > > Master Builder will be Dan
                  > >
                  > > Model being built will be Yoda
                  > >
                  > > Master Builder Event happens all 3 days in the JC Penney Court
                  > > Friday 11 – 7, Saturday 10 – 6, Sunday 11 – 6
                  > >
                  > > AFOL Volunteers are needed, included at least 1 expert builder who
                  > can
                  > > help Dan actually build the model!
                  > > Volunteers will get a special reward at the store!
                  > >
                  > > On Saturday, Oct 4, the first 300 customers in the store to spend
                  > $35
                  > > will get a FREE exclusive make & take set of the Liberty Bell,
                  > complete
                  > > with crack and moving clapper! This set is not available for sale.
                  > >
                  > > On Sunday, Oct. 5, the first 300 customers in the store to spend
                  > $35
                  > > will get a FREE exclusive child's size LEGO Store t-shirt,
                  > featuring
                  > > the LEGO Minifigure holding the state flag! This shirt is not
                  > available
                  > > for sale.
                  > >
                  > > Exclusive sets and t-shirts will also be given out as trivia
                  > question
                  > > prizes by Dan throughout the event at the build site!
                  > >
                  > > Fans can also enter a raffle in the LEGO Store for a chance to win
                  > > $100 LEGO Store Gift Card!
                  > >

                  > > So there you have it. All the info for the grand opening. I'm
                  > hoping
                  > > we're allowed to be one of the 300 to buy $35 or more. Love to
                  > get
                  > > that liberty bell :)

                • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 19, 2008
                    greetings!!!

                    after much sadness, and while my son was eating, i decided to call kop
                    again to see if the chaos had lifted, and alas a silver lining in the
                    compatible with lego clouds:) the store was open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    after loading up the car with all the baby essentials and stopping by
                    my wife's office for some lunch and baby sharing, sam and i were on 76
                    west and in 28 minutes we were at the king of prussia mall. found a
                    great parking spot outside of nordstrom's and after consulting the mall
                    maps and seeing the wondrous sight of 'lego store' with my own eyes
                    (actually printed, not even written last minute in crayon) we were at
                    the threshold of the closest lego store i've ever had access to!!!
                    (without a 2hour drive to jersey or a flight to disney)

                    i kind woman greeted us as we entered and from her lips she spoke the
                    sweetest words...WELCOME TO THE LEGO STORE!!!

                    I met with tracie who appeared from 'the back' and she and the entire
                    crew all seemed great, a little frazzled from lots of last minute
                    building, but i think this is going to be a great store!

                    nice size store with plenty of shelf space and floor space. they have a
                    decent size pab wall, though i've been spoiled by the huge expanse in
                    the downtown disney location.

                    but size does not matter, as i did manage to score a load of 1x2 clear
                    plates, 2x2 clear 45slopes, a bunch of the large blue crossing style
                    slopes from the agents tractor trailor set, lots of brown 2x6 plates
                    and 1x4 bricks, white firetruck ladders, green 1x2 slopes and 1x3
                    bricks, plus other little filler goodies. they also had transgreen
                    seaweed and transpink flowers, but they're not my thing.

                    just went with two large pab cups for now so that i don't get my credit
                    card cancelled:) large pab cups 14.99. and finally, i started my new
                    loyalty card with its first stamp! nine more to go for my first reward!

                    looking forward to seeing whoever shows up saturday! cale, please don't
                    forget my hook!

                    -chris
                    less gas, less travel time = MORE LEGO:)