BrickShow 08

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2008
      Now that I've had a decent nights sleep...........

      Mike Tighe and I left on Thursday night and arrived at the museum
      about 11:30/12 am We got to bed about 4 am after checking out the
      new improved museum.

      FRIDAY we got up at the crack of noon (yeah we kinda overslept) and
      got over to the museum. Mike Tighe went to wrk filling out a
      database for the world records winners/ and contests while you're
      truly got out the mower and weedwhacker. Larry the guy who does
      maintenance was swamped with other things so I took care of that for
      him. The rest of the day was spent running in cirlces, getting
      stuff ready, figuring out what's going on, cleaning out the castle
      room. I found a paintbrush that was used for dusting and worked on
      cleaning off some of the main models in the halls cause they were
      getting pretty dusty from all the moving. Mike Tighe continued more
      database stuff! Dan ordered a bunch of pizza and drinks. We dug in
      and then got back to wrok. Mike Tighe was stillllllll doing
      database stuff. I gave a hand where I could. Sleep came at around
      1 am I think.

      SATURDAY- The last minute flail to get stuff done and then the
      grand opening. They had a room full of brick for kids to build
      castles to go in the world record room. The build room was
      deffinately the most poplular. After the end of the show we headed
      out for supper and discussed lego politics. Dan had some
      fascinating stories about how he got some of the models.

      Afterwards in the wee hours of the morning a bunch of uss trapsed
      over to the other school where Dan has the Bricklink store. We
      oohed and ahhhed, made some deals, rooted, ahhed some more,,and got
      our AFOL treat. The mismaked/filled bionicle sets. Somehow a bunch
      of bionicle were filled with a shooter with no ammo and a bunch of
      dark blue bricks and then mis packaged, and made it out of the
      factory.

      SUNDAY The show saw more people (i think) I sepnt some time with
      Larry discussing improvements to the museum. Mike worked on
      datebase stuff again. We took lots of pictures and chatted with
      Breanna Sledge the famed bionicle builder and Errickson bricks as
      well. COLTC was there Sat/Sun. I'm sure there was more to
      everyting, but I'm still processing it myself.

      I took 258 pictures. Some I posted in the group. The rest I'll
      show at next meeting along with other goodies.