Re: Robot Updates/ looking to Sept and October

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

      > Well the whole waiting to sell the house thing is reallllly getting
      > old. The economy sucks. So the 99% of the lego that's been packed
      > away in 6 barrels, 7 boxes and 4 drawer units may very well see the
      > light of day. (heck lay off is 3 months away, then what am I gonna do?)

      I don't know. Build a B-9 robot. :D

      > so the torso is getting a bit of rebuilding, (the kid facilitated that)

      Kid are great for that.

      > If I'm headed to BrickShow, Dan's gotta have a bunch of brick I need at
      > a decent price. There may actually be some more progress before the
      > October Meeting.

      And we may get 800 pounds of free brick from LEGO. :p

      > Speaking of meetings- The third Saturday of September is the 20th.
      > Shall we say the 20th? Might be a good time to break tradition and
      > discuss some of our involvement at the KOP store.

      Sounds like a date.

      > October meeting would be on the 18th, but that's two weeks after the
      > KOP grand opening. Shall we convene our meeting at the KOP mall? More
      > than likely we'd all be there at least one day.

      And one week after Stasburg. The mall it is.

      > Suggestions? Ideas? Political rants that have no bearing on what I'm
      > talking about? and does Lego actually make trains?
      >
      > Mike

      LEGO doesn't make trains, but there are rumors floating around that they make a line for girls called Bellville. ;)

      Cale

      How ever they don't think it will sell in the US.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
        What about Sept. 13, the 2nd Saturday? I might be able to make that
        one. And I definitely plan to be at KOP on the 4th to be one of the
        300 ("tonight, we dine on LEGO!"). I don't think I can make
        BrickShow, although I'd love to. :-(
        David