BrickFair

  • Jim Cat
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2008
      Hey Pennlug.

      Well Brickfair I think was a smash hit for those who participated the public showing had lines all the way around the building. I did try to looking around for some of ya, but I didn't wake up early enough.

      I got to spend some time with Will Chapman (BrickArms) and he gave out some exclusive's to the Registered partipants. I'll take some pictures of what I was able to get. He's got some new models coming out that look awesome if your into the militarization of your minifig police force.

      My wife also liked it which is a good thing, so maybe I'll be able to get to a meeting or something and actually partipate with you guys! Hopefully I'll bump into one of ya'll down here if anyone else is here. I'll be wearing a Donkey Kong Shirt for the rest of the day and will be in and out of the hotel. I'm staying over till Tomorrow but we'll be leaving semi early to avoid the made rush out and back up to PA.

      I'll upload my pictures to the internet to share with the group.

      James
      aka
      Capt. Maarek

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2008

        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Jim Cat <maarekstorm@...> wrote:

        > Hey Pennlug.
        > Well Brickfair I think was a smash hit for those who participated the public showing had lines all the way around the building. I did try to looking around for some of ya, but I didn't wake up early enough.

        It's easy to spot PennLUG members, they're like the Anti-LUG looking guys.  Cale is probably still taking pictures right now of the trains and Mike Tighe is over in robotics or the GBC

        > My wife also liked it which is a good thing, so maybe I'll be able to get to a meeting or something and actually partipate with you guys!

        I've heard of this word  "participate", not sure where, I don't think it was at any of our meetings :D

        Hopefully I'll bump into one of ya'll down here if anyone else is here. I'll be wearing a Donkey Kong Shirt for the rest of the day and will be in and out of the hotel.

        If by chance you read this before you leave-

        Cale is the one at the top in the green hat.  Mike wasn't a member yet when this was taken, but it's hard to miss a guy that's 6' 8", so he should be easy to spot.

        I'm staying over till Tomorrow but we'll be leaving semi early to avoid the made rush out and back up to PA.

        > I'll upload my pictures to the internet to share with the group.
        > James
        > aka
        > Capt. Maarek

        capt maarek, now that sounds suspicously like a possible space fan.

      • Jim Cat
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2008
          Hey, yea I got to meet Mike and Cale! Contact has been made.

          Absolutely a space fan and Star Wars even more so, but my layout at home is all town mostly with some space and military flavors mixed in.

          After speaking with Mike and Cale, I've got to check my schedule the next month or so I have a couple of weddings, and stuff but hopefully can help in King of Prussia which is only like 45 minutes away from me. So I'd be happy to try and help build stuff the end of September is better for me as less is happening. So here's to hoping to see ya guys down at the KoP store!

          http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Pennlug/ photos/view/ 2614?b=1

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2008

            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Jim Cat <maarekstorm@...> wrote:

            > Hey, yea I got to meet Mike and Cale! Contact has been made.

            You poor guy, now you'll probably need counseling.

            > Absolutely a space fan and Star Wars even more so, but my layout at home is all town mostly with some space and military flavors mixed in.

            Ah Ha! More space people! yay!  My robot will be so happy, well that is when he's completed and....... I can actually tell him.      Speaking of which,, I need to work on a parts list to take to brickshow

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

              > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Jim Cat maarekstorm@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Hey, yea I got to meet Mike and Cale! Contact has been made.
              > >

              > You poor guy, now you'll probably need counseling.

              Well him and John Rudy whom I met from Gettysburg. I'm hopping he will show up on PennLUG as well.

              > > Absolutely a space fan and Star Wars even more so, but my layout at
              > home is all town mostly with some space and military flavors mixed in.
              > >

              > Ah Ha! More space people! yay! My robot will be so happy, well that is
              > when he's completed and....... I can actually tell him. Speaking of
              > which,, I need to work on a parts list to take to brickshow

              Who is the one who needs counseling. 8-}

              > > After speaking with Mike and Cale, I've got to check my schedule the
              > next month or so I have a couple of weddings, and stuff but hopefully
              > can help in King of Prussia which is only like 45 minutes away from me.
              > So I'd be happy to try and help build stuff the end of September is
              > better for me as less is happening. So here's to hoping to see ya guys
              > down at the KoP store!

              Cale

              And soon we take over the world.