Re: Opening of the KOP store!!

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23 5:57 PM
      To heck with the train museum, This is more important :)

      We do enjoy trying to bring the Lego® Hobby to the community more,
      and look forward to the store opening.

      Mike
      PennLUG Supreme Overlord and all around nice guy.
      I'm the one in the club the uses deodorant

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 24 5:01 AM

        > To heck with the train museum, This is more important :)
        >
        > We do enjoy trying to bring the Lego® Hobby to the community more,
        > and look forward to the store opening.

        EDIT

        > Mike
        > PennLUG Supreme Overlord and all around nice guy.
        > I'm the one in the club the uses deodorant

        EDIT:

        Does the KOP store have any ideas on how we could help? We'd be very
        interested in hearing them
      • tspickerman
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 24 6:48 AM
          Well, don't hold me to it but I think that the grand opening is the
          weekend of the 3rd-5th. I can get that confirmed.
          If you hear of anyone looking for work, I haven't started hiring yet.
          I will have some display cases in the store set aside just for custom
          creations if anyone is interested in helping me out with that I can
          find out how much room we are talking about.
          I have a livingroom full of LEGO kits that i'll be working on if
          anyone is interested in helping.
          The weekend of the grand opening I could use all the help I can get.
          It's going to be really cool and a mad house. So many people with
          questions about LEGO and the Master build going on at the same time,
          I welcome any help I can get =)

          > <longhairedredneck220@> wrote:
          > >
          > > To heck with the train museum, This is more important :)
          > >
          > > We do enjoy trying to bring the Lego® Hobby to the community more,
          > > and look forward to the store opening.
          >
          > EDIT
          > >
          > > Mike
          > > PennLUG Supreme Overlord and all around nice guy.
          > > I'm the one in the club the uses deodorant
          > >

          > EDIT:
          >
          > Does the KOP store have any ideas on how we could help? We'd be
          very
          > interested in hearing them

        • tspickerman
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 24 6:50 AM
            >Oh ya,
            Steve Witt says "Hi"
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 24 10:46 AM

              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "tspickerman" <akacrash@...> wrote:

              > Well, don't hold me to it but I think that the grand opening is the
              > weekend of the 3rd-5th. I can get that confirmed.

               we look forward to it

              > If you hear of anyone looking for work, I haven't started hiring yet.

              Rats, It'd take all my paycheck just in gas:(
              > I will have some display cases in the store set aside just for custom
              > creations if anyone is interested in helping me out with that I can

              It would be deffinately something we'd enjoy helping with.  We have a member who's fairly close to KOP

              > find out how much room we are talking about.
              > I have a livingroom full of LEGO kits that i'll be working on if
              > anyone is interested in helping.

              I doubt getting help with that will be a problem.  Name the date!

              > The weekend of the grand opening I could use all the help I can get.
              > It's going to be really cool and a mad house. So many people with
              > questions about LEGO and the Master build going on at the same time,

              Name the date and times.  We'd be happy to help the public and answer questions etc.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 24 6:26 PM
                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

                > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "tspickerman" akacrash@ wrote:
                > >
                > > Well, don't hold me to it but I think that the grand opening is the
                > > weekend of the 3rd-5th. I can get that confirmed.
                >
                > we look forward to it

                Sweet!

                > > If you hear of anyone looking for work, I haven't started hiring yet.
                >
                > Rats, It'd take all my paycheck just in gas [:(]

                You could always move. :p

                > > I will have some display cases in the store set aside just for custom
                > > creations if anyone is interested in helping me out with that I can
                >
                > It would be deffinately something we'd enjoy helping with. We have a
                > member who's fairly close to KOP
                >

                > > find out how much room we are talking about.
                > > I have a livingroom full of LEGO kits that i'll be working on if
                > > anyone is interested in helping.
                >
                > I doubt getting help with that will be a problem. Name the date!

                Yep.

                > > The weekend of the grand opening I could use all the help I can get.
                > > It's going to be really cool and a mad house. So many people with
                > > questions about LEGO and the Master build going on at the same time,
                >
                > Name the date and times. We'd be happy to help the public and answer
                > questions etc.

                And drive them into a LEGO buying frenzy.

                Cale
                I'm the weird on who plays with trains.:D
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 25 4:31 AM

                  > You could always move. [:p]

                  LOL, it's kinda in the opposite direction .  The smileys are supposed to look like this i think

                  > > > I will have some display cases in the store set aside just for
                  > custom
                  > > > creations if anyone is interested in helping me out with that I can

                  Yeah Cale has some really sweet stuff he made with Mega Blok he'd love to show off:))

                  > > Name the date and times. We'd be happy to help the public and answer
                  > > questions etc.
                  >
                  > And drive them into a LEGO buying frenzy.

                  Then give them torches and pitchforks and create an angry mob directed at stores who sell clone bricks    X-(<<<---angry person who bought clones thinking they were "just like lego"

                  > Cale
                  > I'm the weird on who plays with trains. [:D]
                  He's just weird , period.

                  Mike

                  The "oh my god that's a lot of chrome gold tile" guy

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 25 11:26 AM
                    Tracie-
                    Glad to hear some details! Are we allowed to share these dates with
                    others? I know most of us are active on at least two Lego-oriented
                    websites and could help spread the word about the opening. Very few
                    of our members are in the Philadelphia area; most of the rest of us
                    are scattered around Hershey/Harrisburg/York. I'd love to help
                    build; where's your garage? ;-) And again, whatever support we can
                    give (it seems) we're more than happy to give it- just let us know.
                    David

                    --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "tspickerman" <akacrash@...> wrote:

                    > Hey guys,
                    > I'm the new manager for the KOP LEGO store. The KOP store will be
                    > opening around Sept. 18th. With a grand opening event to follow in
                    > early of October. I was just in what will be our new home and it
                    is
                    > coming along quickly. I have a garage full of LEGO sets screaming
                    to be
                    > built for the new store. It's going to be really cool and I think
                    you
                    > guys will love it. For the October grand opening we will have the
                    > master builders in for the weekend building a giant yoda (I think
                    it
                    > will be Yoda) in the middle of the mall. contact me if you have
                    any
                    > questions or if you just want to help me build:)I hope I answered
                    some
                    > of your Questions.
                    > Build on,
                    > Tracie

                  • tspickerman
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 25 4:35 PM
                      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "super_dave42" <dclr@...> wrote:

                      > Tracie-
                      > Glad to hear some details! Are we allowed to share these dates with
                      > others?

                      I don't see why not. Just let them know that I'm still confirming
                      these dates. I'm pretty sure about the dates but you can't always
                      count on new construction. As long as the store gets finished on time
                      those will be the dates.

                      I know most of us are active on at least two Lego-oriented
                      > websites and could help spread the word about the opening.

                      Start spreading the word!

                      Very few of our members are in the Philadelphia area; most of the
                      rest of us are scattered around Hershey/Harrisburg/York. I'd love to
                      help build; where's your garage? ;-)

                      At my house! ;-)
                      I'm about to start the Millennium Falcon build! I think I need some
                      coffee!

                      And again, whatever support we can give (it seems) we're more than
                      happy to give it- just let us know.
                      > David

                      Thanks again,
                      Tracie (LEGO)