My battlefield so far

    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2008
      Hey all, just figured I'd show you a few pictures of my work-in-progress for Brickworld.  Any suggestions are welcome.  And by the way Cale, thanks for suggesting e-Lites.  I ordered one of the kits to try out and am looking forward to seeing how it'll work.

      WIP Civil War Battlefield

      Matt

      Message 2 of 5 , May 20, 2008
        The trees look great! I wonder if the stone wall would look better
        constructed from 1x2 plates- I've seen some castle-era walls that use
        stacks of "skewed" 1x2s to give a good rough-fieldstone look.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 27, 2008
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

          > Hey all, just figured I'd show you a few pictures of my work-in-progress
          > for Brickworld. Any suggestions are welcome. And by the way Cale,
          > thanks for suggesting e-Lites. I ordered one of the kits to try out and
          > am looking forward to seeing how it'll work.
          >
          > WIP Civil War Battlefield
          > <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=319383>
          >
          > Matt

          Very nice.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "super_dave42" <dclr@...> wrote:

            > The trees look great! I wonder if the stone wall would look better
            > constructed from 1x2 plates- I've seen some castle-era walls that use
            > stacks of "skewed" 1x2s to give a good rough-fieldstone look.

            That sounds like a pretty good idea, but I think for at least now,
            I'll stick with the regular 1x2 bricks. Right now, I wouldn't have
            enough 1x2 plates to make a long enough wall. Any pictures of this
            technique?
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
              I'm having trouble finding photos of just what I'm talking about,
              but it's similar to this: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-
              bin/gallery.cgi?i=3150106