Re: So what new MOCs are you working on?

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 6:08 PM
      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

      > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" jpark203@ wrote:
      > Your absolutely correct. And while I do have two steam engines I want to
      > finish before BrickWorld I am try to concentrate on more rolling stock.
      > I have a sweet 8 Axle Heavy Duty Flat Car
      > <http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1011731> and a
      > few Ma & Pa Truss Rod Box Cars
      > <http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=814575> designed
      > but need to gather up a few more parts. I also have a model of this
      > Fruit Growers Express Refer
      > <http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=846137> from the
      > PA Railroad Museum in the works. And some future projects include a Ma &
      > Pa Baggage Car
      > <http://jeffstrainsite.com/railfan_pics/railroad_museums/Baltimore_and_O\
      > hio_Railroad_Museum/February_2002/page64.html> , a Ma & Pa Passenger
      > Coach, and a Ma & Pa Bobber Caboose
      > <http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/mpa/mpa2003dsa.jpg> .

      I realize I might've sounded like an a-hole when I said that, but I was just joking. :D  I know that stuff isn't just built overnight, and it sounds like you have your work cut out for you.  I look forward to seeing your models when they are finished.

      > > I've been working on my Civil War soldiers off and on, which doesn't
      > > require too much time. I made some special regiments like the
      > > Louisiana Tigers, Confederate Cavalry, Confederate and Union
      > > artillery, and the CSA Native American General Stand Watie and his
      > > regiment. I also find the new satchel and hat pieces in the new Indy
      > > sets are quite useful. I also printed Confederate torso decals for my
      > > soldiers that were made to look similar to the Lego cavalry torso
      > > designs. Last night, I was pretty worn out but decided to do a little
      > > building to try and relax at the end of the day. So I did a little
      > > building. All I did was redo my cannon based on someone else's design
      > > with a few modifications, and I redid my artillery wagon to be more of
      > > a solid brown color.
      >
      > Awesome.
      >
      > Cale

      Here's some pictures of my soldiers:
      A shot of all of them
      CSA artillery crew and cannon
      CSA Cavalry
      I'd really like to do a nice battle scene with all of them, something with a covered bridge and creek.  Too bad foliage costs so much though.
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 8:02 PM
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

        > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" jpark203@ wrote:
        > > Your absolutely correct. And while I do have two steam engines I want
        > > finish before BrickWorld I am try to concentrate on more rolling
        > stock.

        > I realize I might've sounded like an a-hole when I said that, but I was
        > just joking. [:D]

        Don't worry, I took as a joke.

        > I know that stuff isn't just built overnight, and
        > it sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

        You should see my list of future projects I want to do. :)

        > I look forward to
        > seeing your models when they are finished.

        You want me to finish something. Now that's taking it to far. :)

        > > > I've been working on my Civil War soldiers off and on, which doesn't
        > > > require too much time. I made some special regiments like the
        > > > Louisiana Tigers, Confederate Cavalry, Confederate and Union
        > > > artillery, and the CSA Native American General Stand Watie and his
        > > > regiment. I also find the new satchel and hat pieces in the new
        > Indy
        > > > sets are quite useful. I also printed Confederate torso decals for
        > my
        > > > soldiers that were made to look similar to the Lego cavalry torso
        > > > designs. Last night, I was pretty worn out but decided to do a
        > little
        > > > building to try and relax at the end of the day. So I did a little
        > > > building. All I did was redo my cannon based on someone else's
        > design
        > > > with a few modifications, and I redid my artillery wagon to be more
        > of
        > > > a solid brown color.
        > >
        > > Awesome.
        > >
        > > Cale
        > >
        > Here's some pictures of my soldiers:
        > A shot of all of them
        > <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3048039>
        > CSA artillery crew and cannon
        > <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3048041>
        > CSA Cavalry <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3048040>
        > I'd really like to do a nice battle scene with all of them, something
        > with a covered bridge and creek. Too bad foliage costs so much though.

        Freakin Sweet.

        Message 3 of 10 , May 16, 2008

          > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@> wrote:
          > >

          > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >

          > > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" jpark203@ wrote:
          > > > Your absolutely correct. And while I do have two steam engines I
          want
          > > > finish before BrickWorld I am try to concentrate on more rolling
          > > stock.
          >
          > > I realize I might've sounded like an a-hole when I said that, but
          I was
          > > just joking. [:D]
          >
          > Don't worry, I took as a joke.
          >
          > > I know that stuff isn't just built overnight, and
          > > it sounds like you have your work cut out for you.
          >
          > You should see my list of future projects I want to do. :)
          >
          > > I look forward to
          > > seeing your models when they are finished.
          >
          > You want me to finish something. Now that's taking it to far. :)

          > > Indy
          > > my
          > > little
          > > design
          > > of
          > > >
          > > > Awesome.
          > > >
          > > > Cale
          > > >
          > > Here's some pictures of my soldiers:
          > > A shot of all of them
          > > <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3048039>
          > > CSA artillery crew and cannon
          > > <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3048041>
          > > CSA Cavalry <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3048040>
          > > I'd really like to do a nice battle scene with all of them, something
          > > with a covered bridge and creek. Too bad foliage costs so much
          though.

          > Freakin Sweet.
          >
          > Cale

          I had a little time to get some of the battlefield built. As it
          currently stands, the whole thing stands at 2x4 baseplates in area. I
          have a recessed creek running through it, but because it was so narrow
          I ended up not making a covered bridge, just a small gray one. And I
          have patches of "blood" in the creek. lol I'll be recycling my old
          campsite and be placing it to the left as a CSA camp, with the big
          tent as a field hospital, but it will be "hidden" from the enemy by
          trees. The battle is to the right of the creek, will eventually have
          the CSA cavalry crossing the bridge to battle, Union infantry behind a
          stone wall, with CSA cannon firing on them and CSA infantry charging.
          I even have a small shell-shot (using technic pin-hole bricks) white
          building, and it's also on fire.

          I'm even going to go to great lengths with landscaping ever since I
          figured out how to make trees that don't fall apart. I will post
          pictures down the road as a finish. Could be a few more weeks though.

          So how's your stuff coming along?