Possible Upcoming Events

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2008
      OK, Before I start most of these are Train related so if choo choos bore you then you can skip most of this post. If  you have any ideas for non train events then speak up, start organizing and do it.

      1. Train display for Pennsy Days at  The Railroad Museum of PA
      May 30 - June 1
      2007 Info  They don't have 08 up yet.

      2007 Gallery

      Turn out for this one last year was a little on the thin side and it comes close to BrickWorld so I wouldn't be disappointed if we skip it. However if there is interest I could do it.

      2. BrickWorld

      2008 Info

      2007 Gallery

      I'm hoping Mike Tighe will chime in here. I'm driving out with him and splitting a room to divide up costs. He may be interested in another passenger to further reduce cost.

      3. Model Railroading Days at  The Railroad Museum of PA
      October 10 - 12
      2007 Info  They don't have 08 up yet.

      2007 Gallery

      For a first year event the turnout last year was great and two fellow DelVaLUG members came to help making this probably our best show of 07. I want to do this one again.

      4. ? Mike Tighe has been working on putting together a general 1 day Lego Display. No date has been set yet but hopefully he can provide more details soon.

      And if any one has other ideas for events then lets hear it.

      Cale
      Put Up or Shut Up
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2008
        Almost forgot two

        Euro East 2008
        September 6-7
        2008 Info

        2006 Gallery  2007 Gallery

        They have a new venue this year.

        Possible Display at the Red Lion PA Train Station

        Red Lion Station History

        I'm working on a model of this station and have been talking to some of the people involved with its preservation.
        The Red Lion Area Historical Society purchased the Red Lion Passenger and Freight Depot Train Station and have turned it into a museum that is open to the public during certain times of the year. An O-Gauge model railroad layout is located in the express freight room operated by the Red Lion Train Station Model Railroaders. They may be interested in having PennLUG set up a display for one  of their open house events.

        Cale

        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

        > OK, Before I start most of these are Train related so if choo choos bore
        > you then you can skip most of this post. If you have any ideas for non
        > train events then speak up, start organizing and do it.
        >
        > 1. Train display for Pennsy Days at The Railroad Museum of PA
        > May 30 - June 1
        > 2007 Info
        > <http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/visitors/seasonal/prr/pennsydays.htm> They
        > don't have 08 up yet.
        >
        > 2007 Gallery <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=258013>
        >
        > Turn out for this one last year was a little on the thin side and it
        > comes close to BrickWorld so I wouldn't be disappointed if we skip it.
        > However if there is interest I could do it.
        >
        > 2. BrickWorld
        >
        > 2008 Info <http://www.brickworld.us/>
        >
        > 2007 Gallery <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=263181>
        >
        > I'm hoping Mike Tighe will chime in here. I'm driving out with him and
        > splitting a room to divide up costs. He may be interested in another
        > passenger to further reduce cost.
        >
        > 3. Model Railroading Days at The Railroad Museum of PA
        > October 10 - 12
        > 2007 Info
        > <http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/visitors/seasonal/modelrrday/index.htm>
        > They don't have 08 up yet.
        >
        > 2007 Gallery <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=280725>
        >
        > For a first year event the turnout last year was great and two fellow
        > DelVaLUG members came to help making this probably our best show of 07.
        > I want to do this one again.
        >
        > 4. ? Mike Tighe has been working on putting together a general 1 day
        > Lego Display. No date has been set yet but hopefully he can provide more
        > details soon.
        >
        > And if any one has other ideas for events then lets hear it.
        >
        > Cale
        > Put Up or Shut Up

      • Jim Cat
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2008
          Hi all,

          With the boss's permission I hope to goto BrickFair in DC this year.

          Also I'd love to help out at the Lancaster during the Model Railroad Days, but I'll have to chat it over with the wife, she likes but dislikes LEGOs partially I think due to the cost and how much I want to spend.

          We're in California right now, and I did visit LEGOLAND, it was awesome I'll post some pictures later. I was happy and yet disappointed in their PAB Selection, and we're just down the street from Disneyland our next stop, already hit up the LEGO Shop in downtown disney and the ESPN Zone. I thought it was interesting they have the build your own minifig, and LEGOLAND did not. So when I get back to Quakertown, I'll discuss this with her or maybe find a happy time at Disney to ask heheh.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25, 2008
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

            > OK, Before I start most of these are Train related so if choo choos bore
            > you then you can skip most of this post. If you have any ideas for non
            > train events then speak up, start organizing and do it.
            Oh my word, what is it with you people and train shows?  Iwouldn't be cuaght dead at a train show.  But I know Cale has a picture of me asleep at one  lol

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008

              > OK, Before I start most of these are Train related so if choo choos bore
              > you then you can skip most of this post. If you have any ideas for non
              > train events then speak up, start organizing and do it.
              >
              > 1. Train display for Pennsy Days at The Railroad Museum of PA
              > May 30 - June 1
              > 2007 Info
              > <http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/visitors/seasonal/prr/pennsydays.htm> They
              > don't have 08 up yet.
              >
              > 2007 Gallery <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=258013>
              >
              > Turn out for this one last year was a little on the thin side and it
              > comes close to BrickWorld so I wouldn't be disappointed if we skip it.
              > However if there is interest I could do it.
              >
              > 2. BrickWorld
              >
              > 2008 Info <http://www.brickworld.us/>
              >
              > 2007 Gallery <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=263181>
              >
              > I'm hoping Mike Tighe will chime in here. I'm driving out with him and
              > splitting a room to divide up costs. He may be interested in another
              > passenger to further reduce cost.
              >
              > 3. Model Railroading Days at The Railroad Museum of PA
              > October 10 - 12
              > 2007 Info
              > <http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/visitors/seasonal/modelrrday/index.htm>
              > They don't have 08 up yet.
              >
              > 2007 Gallery <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=280725>
              >
              > For a first year event the turnout last year was great and two fellow
              > DelVaLUG members came to help making this probably our best show of 07.
              > I want to do this one again.
              >
              > 4. ? Mike Tighe has been working on putting together a general 1 day
              > Lego Display. No date has been set yet but hopefully he can provide more
              > details soon.
              >
              > And if any one has other ideas for events then lets hear it.
              >
              > Cale
              > Put Up or Shut Up

              I think I might be interested in Brickworld. I was kind of on the
              fence, cause I thought I might take an internship or do some summer
              classes or something, but I've decided I want nothing to do with
              school this summer. heh
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

                > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart"
                > <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:

                > > 2. BrickWorld
                > >
                > > 2008 Info <http://www.brickworld.us/>
                > >
                > > 2007 Gallery <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=263181>
                > >
                > > I'm hoping Mike Tighe will chime in here. I'm driving out with him and
                > > splitting a room to divide up costs. He may be interested in another
                > > passenger to further reduce cost.
                > >

                > I think I might be interested in Brickworld. I was kind of on the
                > fence, cause I thought I might take an internship or do some summer
                > classes or something, but I've decided I want nothing to do with
                > school this summer. heh

                Dude that sounds awsome! I sugest shooting Mike Tighe an email. He can
                provide further details.