Re: January Meeting

    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008

      > One Week. Where are we meeting? Pizza Town, Mikes place? Will any one
      > besides me have something to show? And will Mike loose his socks again?
      >
      > Cale
      > So Troublesome

      > <longhairedredneck220@> wrote:
      > >

      > > January 19th 2008
      > >
      > > It begins again................
      > >

      > > The PennLug Meetings

      I assmed Mike's place. And I may or may not have something to show,
      depending on shipping. Freakin SNAFU with Shop-At-Home over the
      holidays...
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 13, 2008
        I will be in Delaware judging a FIRST LEGO League robotics tournament on Saturday the 19th.  (www.fsrobotics.org/lego)  Therefore I won't be able to make it on Saturday.  I am also judging another one in Philadelphia the following Saturday.  However, I could make it for either Sunday.

        Michael Tighe

        "LEGO is a medium through which imagination is made manifest."

        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups .com, "longhairedredneck2 20"

        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 14, 2008
          Now Mike,

          Haven't you learned yet "judge not lest ye be judged" :P

          I'm flexible somewhat. Could do Sunday If no one else objects we
          can reschedule for Sun.

          Mike
          "Denmark is the promised land, and Billund its holy City"

          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tighe" <mike.tighe@...>
          wrote:

          > I will be in Delaware judging a FIRST LEGO League robotics
          tournament on
          > Saturday the 19th. (www.fsrobotics.org/lego) Therefore I won't
          be able to
          > make it on Saturday. I am also judging another one in
          Philadelphia the
          > following Saturday. However, I could make it for either Sunday.
          >

          > Michael Tighe
          >
          > "LEGO is a medium through which imagination is made manifest."

          Behalf Of

          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 14, 2008

            > Two weeks to go. We should have much to discuss.
            >
            > Cale

            Right you are Cale!

            As i said earlier, BrickShow will be the 5th,6th and 7th of September.  Dan has told me many of the things they have planned and wants to give Pennlug and COLTC first crack at running things, offering suggestions for events, ideas, free room and board etc for being the only two clubs that showed up to help get the museum off the ground.

            So put your thinking caps on for any ideas for events, suggestions etc.  I'll gather last minute details from Dan for the meeting.

            I'll have all the advent calendar stuff to show, My son and I have a lot of fun doing those each year.  Got some sets I got for christmas and will have what's done  on the robot.

            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 14, 2008
              Are we doing Saturday or Sunday? And at Mike's place or elsewhere?

              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 14, 2008
                I could do Saturday or Sunday.

                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 14, 2008

                  > Now Mike,
                  >
                  > Haven't you learned yet "judge not lest ye be judged" :P
                  >
                  > I'm flexible somewhat. Could do Sunday If no one else objects we
                  > can reschedule for Sun.
                  >
                  > Mike
                  > "Denmark is the promised land, and Billund its holy City"
                  >

                  > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tighe" <mike.tighe@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I will be in Delaware judging a FIRST LEGO League robotics
                  > tournament on
                  > > Saturday the 19th. (www.fsrobotics.org/lego) Therefore I won't
                  > be able to
                  > > make it on Saturday. I am also judging another one in
                  > Philadelphia the
                  > > following Saturday. However, I could make it for either Sunday.
                  > >

                  > > Michael Tighe
                  > >
                  > > "LEGO is a medium through which imagination is made manifest."

                  Whenever is alright for me.
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 16, 2008
                    So have we officially moved the meeting to Sunday or is it still Saturday?

                    Cale
                    I'm going back to learning Norwegian .

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 18, 2008
                      Would hafta be saturday say 10am to ?

                      Just found out Sunday is a no go for me

                      Don't forget to bring your ideas for brickshow. Just found out Tommy
                      Armstrong will be there Yay

                      We'll call dan and nail him down on what he has for sale

                      then we'll bash some other poor lug that isn't as cool as us :P
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 18, 2008
                        Drat- can't make that time. Hopefully I can show up next month!
                        David

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 20, 2009

                          For those of you who may have not been paying attention Mike Tighe has volunteered to host this Saturday.  And since he is hosting I'll let him run the meeting as he sees fit. But I thought I'd post up some potential things to discuss. Some of you may remember these from Decembers meeting

                          The Future of the Club

                          PennLUG will be turning 4 years old in 2009. Where do we want to take the club in the future? Possible topics include.

                          ·         Club Organization  PennLUG has in the past been very informal with no officers, no club charter and very few if any rules. Should we stay the course or would the club benefit from some more organization.

                          ·          Meetings  Where and how often future meetings should be held? Past practice has been the 3rd Saturday of the month. We have never had an official meeting venue.

                          Do we want to permanently change it to the fourth Saturday?

                          ·         PennLUG on the Web PennLUG needs a web site. A front door for the public and future members to find out all about us. A place for us to make formal announcements and document all the glorious things we have done. Etc.

                          I believe Phil was working on this. Hopefully he'll be there with an update.

                          ·         Future public events  Possible opportunities, hand outs for the public, signs, banners, and tables/transport.

                          I'll throw a few out here to get the ball rolling.

                          68th Annual MFCA (Miniature Figure Collectors of America) Show  Matt Hocker is working on this.

                          Brickworld  Both the 2007  and 2008  events were a blast. If you're thinking about going I highly recomend it. I and I'm prety sure Mike Tighe are planing to attend this year as well. I would really like to have a PennLUG train layout out there this year. I've got trains and track if you guys goy the MOCs.

                          BrickFair  This is a little closer to home so more of us should be able to attend. Last year  was the first year for this event and despite a few hicups I think it went well and I'm looking forward to this year. I've talked to Justin Bently the Train coordinator for this year and the're realy pushing to get more clubs involved for 2009. Both Matt H. and Mike Tighe have expressed intrest in a PennLUG train layout.

                          Euro East Train Show  We participated in 2006  and 2007 . There was no 2008 event but they are hopping to get back on track for 09. No definite date yet.

                          Model Railroading Days  at the RR Museum of Pennsylvania. We participated in the first one in 2007  as well as last year and I want to do it again this year. This is a great show with a nice steady crowd and a great venue.

                          King of Prussia LEGO store??? Any Ideas?

                          Most of these are train related so if you're not into trains I apologize, but I'm a train guy. :D It's what I do. If any one wants to do some other type of event (um space guys?) I fully support that and will help as much as I can.

                          LEGO Store and the Window on the Community

                          How often should the display be rotated? Will future displays be a Collaborative effort, Individual, or both?

                          I don't think we came to a definite agreement on how to handle this in the future yet.

                          And as always bring MOCs to show off. I'll have some stuff there.

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 21, 2009
                            Cale,

                            Nice job of summing up some topics for us.  These and more will be discussed this Saturday.

                            Can we get a head-count for Saturday?  I'd like to know how much refreshments to get.

                            How about suggestions for beverages?  (Soda flavors.)  Would anyone be up for a beer or three...?

                            Michael

                            "There's no such thing as too much LEGO"

                            For those of you who may have not been paying attention Mike Tighe has volunteered to host this Saturday.  And since he is hosting I'll let him run the meeting as he sees fit. But I thought I'd post up some potential things to discuss. Some of you may remember these from Decembers meeting

                            The Future of the Club

                            PennLUG will be turning 4 years old in 2009. Where do we want to take the club in the future? Possible topics include.

                            <!--[if !supportLists]-->·         Club Organization  PennLUG has in the past been very informal with no officers, no club charter and very few if any rules. Should we stay the course or would the club benefit from some more organization. <!--[endif]-->

                            <!--[if !supportLists]-->·          Meetings  Where and how often future meetings should be held? Past practice has been the 3rd Saturday of the month. We have never had an official meeting venue.

                            Do we want to permanently change it to the fourth Saturday?

                            <!--[if !supportLists]-->·         PennLUG on the Web PennLUG needs a web site. A front door for the public and future members to find out all about us. A place for us to make formal announcements and document all the glorious things we have done. Etc.

                            I believe Phil was working on this. Hopefully he'll be there with an update.

                            <!--[if !supportLists]-->·         Future public events  Possible opportunities, hand outs for the public, signs, banners, and tables/transport.

[...]

                            <!--[endif]-->

                            LEGO Store and the Window on the Community

                            How often should the display be rotated? Will future displays be a Collaborative effort, Individual, or both?

                            I don't think we came to a definite agreement on how to handle this in the future yet.

                            And as always bring MOCs to show off. I'll have some stuff there.

                            Cale

                          • weasel474747
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 21, 2009
                              I will be there! And I have been known to drink beer from time to time...

                              -Chris

                            • Phillip Thorne
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jan 22, 2009
                                On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:18, Mike T. wrote:
                                >Can we get a head-count for Saturday? I'd like to know how much
                                >refreshments to get.

                                I think I can be there (even if I'm not mainly a train-builder). But
                                I'll need an address, and yours isn't on the joint contact list. Will
                                you be sending directions (address plus terminal-navigation tips)
                                off-list?

                                And a start time, please. (Some parts of Lancaster are farther away
                                from the center of Chester County than the... um... parts that are
                                closer. And Saturday is likely to entail ice-scraping.)

                                >How about suggestions for beverages? (Soda flavors.)

                                I'm partial to the tree-based (birch, ginger, root) beverages. Which,
                                apparently, are native to only a few parts of the U.S.

                                Ah, yes: how do we want to handle food? Potluck contributions, go
                                out, order in? I presume restaurants and grocery stores exist in
                                Lancaster, but I could be wrong. :)

                                >Would anyone be up for a beer or three...?

                                No beer for me, thanks.

                                --
                                ** DelVaLUG: The Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group *****
                                ** www.delvalug.com **
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jan 22, 2009
                                  I will be there. Just let me know if I need to bring anything. I am going to try and bring a few teaser/prototype's of what I am currently working on. However I don't have ALL my legos at my current address, and still waiting on bricklink orders to come it so its won't be very impressive.

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jan 22, 2009
                                    Mike posted an the address earlier.

                                    438 State Street
                                    Lancaster, PA 17603

                                    11:00am

                                    And who said anything about having to be interested in trains. All
                                    themes are welcome.

                                    Cale