Re: The Brick is 50 years old/ Commemorative set

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
      ummmm,,,speed racer sets? could they possibly find something,,,,,,,oh
      i dunno, something newer?

      I vote roman,,mainly because the whole roman theme would be giving me
      an excuse to build not only Solomons Temple, but Herod's Temple as well
      and use lots of roman soldiers (i'd be curious to see if what they had
      in mind is what i've had in mind/done) I'll have to show some of the
      romans I've done at the meeting.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008

        > ummmm,,,speed racer sets? could they possibly find something,,,,,,,oh
        > i dunno, something newer?
        >
        > I vote roman,,mainly because the whole roman theme would be giving me
        > an excuse to build not only Solomons Temple, but Herod's Temple as well
        > and use lots of roman soldiers (i'd be curious to see if what they had
        > in mind is what i've had in mind/done) I'll have to show some of the
        > romans I've done at the meeting.

        Well, there IS a new Speed Racer movie coming out... and it looks like
        it could be good! Well... for what it is.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Krotzer" <wing_sas@...> wrote:

          > <longhairedredneck220@> wrote:
          > >
          > > ummmm,,,speed racer sets? could they possibly find
          something,,,,,,,oh
          > > i dunno, something newer?
          > >
          > Well, there IS a new Speed Racer movie coming out... and it looks like
          > it could be good! Well... for what it is.

          I'm not so sure about that.

          http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5409487862950753334&q=speed+racer&total=2797&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

          Does any one else think CGI way over used in movies today.

          Cale
          Highly Animated
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008

            > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Krotzer" <wing_sas@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220"
            > > <longhairedredneck220@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > ummmm,,,speed racer sets? could they possibly find
            > something,,,,,,,oh
            > > > i dunno, something newer?
            > > >
            > > Well, there IS a new Speed Racer movie coming out... and it
            looks like
            > > it could be good! Well... for what it is.
            > >

            > I'm not so sure about that.
            >
            > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-
            5409487862950753334&q=speed+racer&total=2797&start=0&num=10&so=0&type
            =search&plindex=2

            > Does any one else think CGI way over used in movies today.
            >
            > Cale
            > Highly Animated

            No no,,the CGI is fine,,,it's all the bad acting that brings it
            down:P
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 9, 2008

                > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart"
                > <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Krotzer" <wing_sas@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220"

                > > something,,,,,,,oh
                > > > >
                > > > Well, there IS a new Speed Racer movie coming out... and it
                > looks like
                > > > it could be good! Well... for what it is.
                > > >

                > > I'm not so sure about that.
                > >
                > > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-

                5409487862950753334&q=speed+racer&total=2797&start=0&num=10&so=0&type
                > =search&plindex=2
                > >
                > > Does any one else think CGI way over used in movies today.
                > >
                > > Cale
                > > Highly Animated
                > >
                > No no,,the CGI is fine,,,it's all the bad acting that brings it
                > down:P

                No way, man, it was the Gungans. ... Wait, are we talking about the
                same movie?