Brickfest Ohio Anyonne?

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2007
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...>
        wrote:

        > For the benefit of those who don't read LUGNET.
        >
        > http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=2318
        > <http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=2318>
        >
        > http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/pennlug/?n=14
        > <http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/pennlug/?n=14>
        >
        > Cale

        So when???? what date??? Will Dan be able to pull it off? will the
        sour taste of brickfest in the lugnet forums be able to be sweetened
        with the museum? and where and how does Dan plan to put everybody etc?
        If the last BF was around 350-400 people registered, say only half that
        many show up, it's still around 200 people in that building. Next if he
        plans to have a public day has he considered how he'll pull that off
        with parking at such a premium? and why am I addressing these issues
        here when I should be asking Dan? and where are my socks?

        and yes,,,i'd be onboard.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2008
          I'd be game, but... what about all of Mike's questions?!?
          David

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2008
            found my socks,crisis averted

            I contacted Dan, will be chatting with him this week
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                 Well that clears some things up. The date works for me although it's the weekend right after Brickfair in DC so that should make things interesting. Can two Lego events coexist so close together? I say there is always room for more Lego.

                 I'm not surprised Dan struck out on the Brickfest name. And I think it might a good thing. There could be a lot of unwanted baggage associated with the name. BRICKSHOW is fresh and gives this show a chance to establish his own identity.

                Sounds like fun. I'm in.

                Cale
                The Devil's Lettuce

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008

                  > > > So when???? Septemberwhat date??? 5th 6th and 7thWill Dan be able to
                  > pull it off? Evidentally yes will
                  > > the
                  > > > sour taste of brickfest in the lugnet forums be able to be
                  > > sweetened
                  > > > with the museum?No need, got word last night Christina wouldn't let
                  > go of the brickfest name so now it's BRICKSHOW and where and how
                  > does Dan plan to put everybody
                  > > etc? Remember the hotel he put us up at? he's doing a deal with room
                  > with them and another place too.
                  > > > If the last BF was around 350-400 people registered, say only half
                  > > that
                  > > > many show up, it's still around 200 people in that building. Next
                  > > if he
                  > > > plans to have a public day has he considered how he'll pull that
                  > > off
                  > > > with parking at such a premium? Evidentally parking isn't a problem.
                  > When they did the world record mosaic thing he just had the police come
                  > in and shut the whole street down for parking.and why am I addressing
                  > these
                  > > issues
                  > > > here when I should be asking Dan?I just did ask dan and where are my
                  > socks?I've given up looking,,,it's just easier to buy new ones [:-$]
                  > > >

                  > > > and yes,,,i'd be onboard.

                  I don't think it's doable for me, but I still think it is a great
                  idea. And he is better off without the Brickfest name, but at least
                  they bothered to get back with him about it. Personally though, I
                  think it should be called something other than Brickshow, maybe a
                  creative name that reflects the nature of the event. You said that
                  Dan would be making it more AFOL oriented, right? And that he would
                  even allow for building using brick he's providing? And that he was
                  doing the world's longest train competition (will attendees get to
                  bring their own train cars? I think that would be a nice touch. It
                  sounds like a jamboree...a Brick Jamboree. I know that you originally
                  came up with the name Mike, but I think the name is really reflective
                  of what this show will be like. Maybe Dan would like it?

                  Matt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                    > I don't think it's doable for me, but I still think it is a great
                    > idea. And he is better off without the Brickfest name, but at
                    least
                    > they bothered to get back with him about it. Personally though, I
                    > think it should be called something other than Brickshow, maybe a
                    > creative name that reflects the nature of the event. You said that
                    > Dan would be making it more AFOL oriented, right? And that he
                    would
                    > even allow for building using brick he's providing? And that he
                    was
                    > doing the world's longest train competition (will attendees get to
                    > bring their own train cars? I think that would be a nice touch.
                    It
                    > sounds like a jamboree...a Brick Jamboree. I know that you
                    originally
                    > came up with the name Mike, but I think the name is really
                    reflective
                    > of what this show will be like. Maybe Dan would like it?
                    >
                    > Matt

                    Actually Krotzer came up with Brick Jamboree

                    And I agree, brickshow, sound more like a SHOW than an AFOL
                    gathering, although there will be a public day.

                    In fact Matt, maybe you could do a presentation on your article.
                    Speaking of articles, maybe I should try writing the article on LUGS
                    that they ran with lol Joe probably thinks I'm an idiot :D
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:
                      And that he was
                      > doing the world's longest train competition (will attendees get to
                      > bring their own train cars? I think that would be a nice touch.

                       Not if my 8 wide cars are used. The weight would kill any chance at the record. I think my 100 ton Hoppers  may actually weigh a few tons. :D  Now if you did separate categories for 6 and 8 wide. :-?

                      Cale
                      The Devil's Lettuce
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

                        > > I don't think it's doable for me, but I still think it is a great
                        > > idea. And he is better off without the Brickfest name, but at
                        > least
                        > > they bothered to get back with him about it. Personally though, I
                        > > think it should be called something other than Brickshow, maybe a
                        > > creative name that reflects the nature of the event. You said that
                        > > Dan would be making it more AFOL oriented, right? And that he
                        > would
                        > > even allow for building using brick he's providing? And that he
                        > was
                        > > doing the world's longest train competition (will attendees get to
                        > > bring their own train cars? I think that would be a nice touch.
                        > It
                        > > sounds like a jamboree...a Brick Jamboree. I know that you
                        > originally
                        > > came up with the name Mike, but I think the name is really
                        > reflective
                        > > of what this show will be like. Maybe Dan would like it?
                        > >
                        > > Matt
                        > >

                        > Actually Krotzer came up with Brick Jamboree

                        He also came up with LEGO User GroupS  expo. :))

                        > And I agree, brickshow, sound more like a SHOW than an AFOL
                        > gathering, although there will be a public day.
                        >

                        > In fact Matt, maybe you could do a presentation on your article.
                        > Speaking of articles, maybe I should try writing the article on LUGS
                        > that they ran with lol Joe probably thinks I'm an idiot :D

                        Capital ideas. And speaking of Brick Journal .

                        Subscription

                        Brick Journal is now open for subscription.

                        Cale
                        The Devil's Lettuce >:)