The Ups and Downs of LEGO Trains

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      For those of you who may not be reading LUGNET two significant announcements were made today in the world of trains.

       The premier issue of RailBricks came out today.  RailBricks Announcement   RailBricks is the first magazine dedicated to LEGO Trains.  Even if your not a hard core train head there is still a lot to enjoy so I encourage every one to download it.  Oh yeah, and one of the articles is from me. :p

       Unfortunately that monumental announcement is made  bitter sweet  by this post on the future of 9 volt.  Future of 9v Trains
      9v is now officially dead as a Door Nail.  We knew it was inevitable but it still sucks to hear it.:((

       On the bright side LEGO is developing an entirely new system with the involvement of AFOLs.  Hopefully it wont suck as bad as the IR trains and will actually be useful clubs. (:|

      Cale
      I'm so confused.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        wait I thought lugnet was a place for people to post pics of thier
        MOCs and then whine because nobody commented on it. They have news
        on lugnet now?

        Lego does so many stupid things. Change this, change that You
        morons. Why not change the brick too?

        I'm no huge train fan, but lets face fact. ALL those track and
        power packs, motors etc will become useless or too valuable and rare
        to use. Now we have something else coming? what? That's it, I'm
        not buying anymore lego.

        well at least this week anyway,,that'll show'em

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
          Way to go, Cale! Published author and reknowned Lego journalist!