York Dispatch wants to do a story on us!

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006

      Here is the email I recieved this evening,

      Hello fellow AFOLs,

      I am the entertainment editor for the Weekend section (online at www.yorkweekend.com) of The York Dispatch (www.yorkdispatch.com).

      I saw that PennLUG is planning to participate in the National Model Railroad Association train show in Philadelphia this summer, and I thought it might be fun to do a feature story about what it takes to get ready for a big show. I know I'm in awe of the large original creations, and I think most of our readers would be surprised to see how many months of effort goes into planning and building.

      If possible, we'd like to interview local club members and talk about the hobby and how other adults could join in the fun.

      Typically I need a week or two of lead time for scheduling features, so please let me know as soon as possible if your club would be interested in being featured.

      Sincerely,
      Mel Barber

      WOW,,,,Cale did you alert them to this?  I am wondering how they found out about us, other than seeing the name on the NMRA list maybe.

      I will respond tonight and let Mr. Barber know that we would be delighted to be featured, (unless anyone objects).  He  said he needs some lead time to do the story and I figure he could probably make it to our next regulary scheduled meeting.  I'll contact him about all the whats and whys and this and thats before hand and relay them ASAP.

      Since we are getting some media attention I can probably swing another room at the church,,,unless someone has something else available.

      Mike
      ""Denmark is the promised land, and Billund the Holy City""

    • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006
        and word of the lug from the keystone state will spread like wildfire,
        and we will call it 'media'....ooooohhooooohhahahahha!!!

        remember, world domination must be secretive:)can we trust this guy?

        also, did you see my request of changing our regularly scheduled
        meeting to the 25th or 26th? i'd really like to get together, but that
        is the only weekend free for me this month:(
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006

          > also, did you see my request of changing our regularly scheduled
          > meeting to the 25th or 26th? i'd really like to get together, but
          that
          > is the only weekend free for me this month:(

          Recieved your post,,,,I will leave it up to others to vote on what we
          can do. I don't know if others have cleared thier calendar for the
          18th or are able. So what say you,,oh great Classic castle knights
          with the old style thin chinstraps and the big yellow castle""???

          Can we change the date or should we leave as is? I will need to know
          to let Mr Barber aware of our metting date and such as soon as I can

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 7, 2006
            Frickin' sweet!
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 7, 2006
              Personally, I can do either. Just let me know.
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 7, 2006
                The 25th would work for me. I know at our last meeting we agreed on
                the 3rd Saturday of each month and we should probably stick to that as
                we're not very organized in other respects yet. I think we can make
                an exception this month. We'll probably have alot to talk about and
                it would be good to have everyone there.

                And as for tables. We have until July. As long as we agree on a
                design spec (so we can better plan our layout) I'd rather wait until
                the weather gets warmer to actually build something. We should have
                plenty of other stuff to do.

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 7, 2006
                  25th is cool with me. I'm pretty flexible at the moment.