Guess Who wan'ts us back (Euro East 2007)

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11, 2007
      I received this message today.

      ------------------------------

      Hi Cale (PennLUG),

      My name is John Gould and I'm the chairman of this
      year's Euro East train show.

      We really enjoyed the display you did last year of the
      Lego trains and I'm wondering if you'd be interested
      in joining us again this year? This year's event will
      again be held in the Donegal Middle School in Marietta
      PA. This year's dates are Saturday August 11th and
      Sunday August 12th.

      Thank you for your time and consideration,

      John Gould
      ETE: Keystone Chapter
      Euro East '07 Chairman
      www.EuroEastOnline.com

      ----------------------------------

      So is anyone interested? I know it was not exactly a huge event last
      year but this year could be better. And at least they have a half
      decent web site up.

      http://www.euroeastonline.com/

      We could easily reuse the stuff from Pennsy days for our layout.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2007
        I'm in.  I should have 1 or 2 of the Corner Cafe sets & probably others to add from the outlets in Chicago.

        How big could it be this year?  Do we want to make something bigger?  I have lots of track I bought last year plus I'll probably buy more.  I'd like to use it for something...

        Michael

        "LEGO is a medium through which imagination is made manifest."

        ------------ --------- --------- ----

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007

          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

          > I received thisdesperate plea today.
          >
          > ------------------------------
          >
          > Hi Cale (PennLUG),
          >
          > My name is John Gould and I'm the chairman of this
          > year's Euro East train show.
          >
          > We really enjoyed the display you did last year of the
          > Lego trains, And by we I mean Us, the two guys running the event since no one from the public really came and I'm wondering if you'd be interested
          > in joining us again this year? This year's event will
          > again be held in the Donegal Middle School in Marietta
          > PA. This year's dates are Saturday August 11th and
          > Sunday August 12th.
          >
          > Thank you for your time and consideration,
          >
          > John Gould
          > ETE: Keystone Chapter
          > Euro East '07 Chairman
          > www.EuroEastOnline.com
          >

          > ----------------------------------
          >
          > So is anyone interested? I know it was not exactly a huge event last
          > year but this year could be better. And at least they have a half
          > decent web site up.
          >
          > http://www.euroeastonline.com/
          >
          > We could easily reuse the stuff from Pennsy days for our layout.
          >

          > Cale

          Well despite my sarcasm I am assuming we will be able to get in friday and possibly early SAt to set up.  I don't know how much I'll be able to help out but can pretty much still get the farm/tables/extras down there.
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

            > Well despite my sarcasm I am assuming we will be able to get in friday
            > and possibly early SAt to set up. I don't know how much I'll be able to
            > help out but can pretty much still get the farm/tables/extras down
            > there.

            I would assume setup would work the same as last year. Same venue same times. So I take it your interested.  :-?

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 19, 2007
              So who is interested?

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 20, 2007
                I'm in.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007
                  I'm in. :)
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 26, 2007
                    So I have Mike Tighe and Matt Krotzer interested. Any one else (paging
                    Mr Gibney and Mr Hocker).

                    And a question for Matt Krotzer. Will you be able to bring your
                    tables. If we can get yours, Mike Gibney's and mine there I think I
                    may have a really kick ass idea for a layout.

                    Cale
                    Caution! Evil genius at work.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 28, 2007

                      > So I have Mike Tighe and Matt Krotzer interested. Any one else (paging
                      > Mr Gibney and Mr Hocker).

                      Yes I'll be there. I am planning on doing a bit for the paper to get
                      some publicity and also a sign for outside. that and a stick to smack
                      the old lady who sat 5 feet away from me outside and then berated me
                      because she minded the smoke. I was here first you old bitty. If yopu
                      don't like it them dont sit down next to a smoker who is smoking

                      Mike Tighe will need to get tables. We've proven we can fill what we
                      have already very easily. Between Chris/matt/cale we got quite a few
                      rail cars/engines that make an impressive rail yard.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 29, 2007
                        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

                        > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart"
                        > steampoweredbricks@ wrote:
                        > >
                        > > So I have Mike Tighe and Matt Krotzer interested. Any one else (paging
                        > > Mr Gibney and Mr Hocker).
                        > >

                        > Yes I'll be there. I am planning on doing a bit for the paper to get
                        > some publicity and also a sign for outside.

                        I'm going to inquire with them on what advertising they may be doing. Maybe we can help them out.

                        > that and a stick to smack
                        > the old lady who sat 5 feet away from me outside and then berated me
                        > because she minded the smoke. I was here first you old bitty. If yopu
                        > don't like it them dont sit down next to a smoker who is smoking

                        Common sense is a rare commodity these days. #-o

                        > Mike Tighe will need to get tables. We've proven we can fill what we
                        > have already very easily. Between Chris/matt/cale we got quite a few
                        > rail cars/engines that make an impressive rail yard.

                        I have a plan in the works. It will require my tables, yours, and Matt Krotzers.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 2, 2007

                          > So I have Mike Tighe and Matt Krotzer interested. Any one else (paging
                          > Mr Gibney and Mr Hocker).
                          >
                          > And a question for Matt Krotzer. Will you be able to bring your
                          > tables. If we can get yours, Mike Gibney's and mine there I think I
                          > may have a really kick ass idea for a layout.
                          >

                          > Cale
                          > Caution! Evil genius at work.

                          Yes, I can bring my tables.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 8, 2007
                            So this is what I came up with as a plan.

                            Plan

                            If  we're set up in a corner like last year this could work well.  I'm  waiting to hear back from the Euro East people on where exactly we might be placed so this will probably change.:-?

                            Cale