PennLUG open house

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2005
      ****post I made on LUGNET***

      PennLUG will be having its first open house some time in Sept
      or Oct. This
      will be an opportunity for AFOL's around the area to meet up and
      help bring out
      some of the "sleepers" as I think Jake McKee called them. This will
      be more of
      a display than a meeting to show potential members what kind of
      things a LUG
      might do and all the fun they have.

      Any AFOL's who could offer some assistance pulling this off would be
      GREATly
      appreciated. Advice/ display material/ MOC's/ anything to make
      this a sucess
      for all of us and help get PennLUG off the ground.

      I have some door prizes (lego sets) set aside and other goodies. I
      am also
      going to have a large container filled with LEGO® . The old "guess
      how many are
      in there" game.

      If the Venue I want is available, I will have access toa large
      screen TV that
      will play video i took at brickfest as well. I have a few other
      things planned
      as well.

      So anyone who wants to get involve is welcome to do so! I hope to
      hear from you
      all very soon!
    • shy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2005
        Where is this going to be at Mike?  If it's near enough I'll volunteer for set up and clean up.  I'm still playing with the logo as well.  Hasn't been forgotten, I've just been very busy.  When I have a selection I can send them to you or put them up for a vote.  How about a contest?  Half an hour to build, most creative, closest to life, closest to theme, etc. wins a ribbon.  Decision by majority.

        Jean

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2005
          Hi Jean,

          Well as you know since we all spend our every last dime on LEGO®, we
          never have any money for anything else! lol So with that in mind,
          I am aiming for a FREE venue. Since I am a member, I can use our
          church for FREE (when of course nothing else is going on) there is
          very nice banquet room, easily accesible for disabled and elderly,
          kitchen facilites ( I might be able to get the youth group to help
          out), lots of tables and a big screen TV for Brickfest video. So
          the event (at least tentatively ) will be in Elizabethtown. The
          building itself is a mile straight off of Rt 283,so it's easy to get
          to.

          I had thought of holding it somewhere else, but Money become a
          factor, along with I will have an easier time setting things up for
          my first attempt at something like this. The whole home field
          advantage kinda thing..lol

          Just to set anyones mind at ease, The church won't be pushing any
          agenda or anything like that! I know some people feel weird about
          going to a church for a LEGO event. I just chose it for ease of
          operation for a first attempt at a public display.

          Mike

          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, shy <shyly0258@y...> wrote:
          > Where is this going to be at Mike? If it's near enough I'll
          volunteer for set up and clean up. I'm still playing with the logo
          as well. Hasn't been forgotten, I've just been very busy. When I
          have a selection I can send them to you or put them up for a vote.
          How about a contest? Half an hour to build, most creative, closest
          to life, closest to theme, etc. wins a ribbon. Decision by majority.

          > Jean

        • shy

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 22, 2005
              I checked mapquest. It claims about 2 hr drive to here.