Café Corner Set

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 10 4:46 PM
      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

      > Wowzers, that "Cafe Corner" is just amazing. It's been a long time
      > since I've seen a Lego set I liked and wanted to have the day it came
      > out. I'm definitely ordering this beast as soon as it hits Lego.com.
      > I see that some people on Bricklink said they called their Lego store
      > and were told it would come out this weekend (preorders or the actual
      > set?).
      >
      > Anyway, I hope Lego will continue making those, because they would
      > look great on a train layout together. Plus it'd be really easy to
      > make your own buildings to supplement them or make additional floors.
      > I hope the next one will be something like a classic movie theater!

      It's now available through shop at home and I'm trying really hard to
      fight the urge to order it.
      http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=10182&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US

      Part List http://peeron.com/inv/sets/10182-1

      Brick Journal has the story on it in the latest issue.
      http://news.lugnet.com/publish/brickjournal/?n=156

      From the story it looks like this may lead to similar sets. This thing
      looks killer.

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 10 5:57 PM
        http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=daniellegos&itemID=7810997

        That didn't take long.

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 11 11:32 AM

          > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@> wrote:
          >
          > > Wowzers, that "Cafe Corner" is just amazing. It's been a long time
          > > since I've seen a Lego set I liked and wanted to have the day it came
          > > out. I'm definitely ordering this beast as soon as it hits Lego.com.
          > > I see that some people on Bricklink said they called their Lego store
          > > and were told it would come out this weekend (preorders or the actual
          > > set?).
          > >
          > > Anyway, I hope Lego will continue making those, because they would
          > > look great on a train layout together. Plus it'd be really easy to
          > > make your own buildings to supplement them or make additional floors.
          > > I hope the next one will be something like a classic movie theater!
          > >

          > It's now available through shop at home and I'm trying really hard to
          > fight the urge to order it.
          > http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=10182&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US
          >
          > Part List http://peeron.com/inv/sets/10182-1
          >
          > Brick Journal has the story on it in the latest issue.
          > http://news.lugnet.com/publish/brickjournal/?n=156
          >
          > From the story it looks like this may lead to similar sets. This thing
          > looks killer.
          >
          > Cale

          Based on their other higher end models they've sold in the past, I'm
          sure that this set will be available on shop at home for at least
          another two or three years. So don't let it bother you too much. :)
          I saw that it was available too, and I've been watching lego.com all
          week waiting to see if it would get the rumored Saturday release. The
          Brickjournal article was really great...made me want it even more than
          before, which I didn't think was possible. I'm already throwing
          around ideas in my head of buildings to compliment this baby,
          apartments, chinatown, the ghostbusters firehall, etc. This is going
          to be a great series!

          Oh and did you see what you can do with 6 of them yet? lol
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 11 6:26 PM
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

            > Oh and did you see what you can do with 6 of them yet? lol
            > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2368070

            Only $840 plus shipping.

            Cale
            Who wants to help me rob a bank.
          • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 15 8:10 AM
              um cale, "I" was going to build the enginge house:( no fair, everytime
              i get an idea, cale builds it! (in jan's whiney persona) cale!!!cale!!!
              cale!!!cale!!!cale!!!

              me thinks you've been phishin me hard drive or else ye placed some damn
              neuro chip in me brain!

              or, great minds think alike!!!
              -chris
              cale's muse and alter ego, just better looking and taller and lives in
              philly, and has the ability to exist in the same space and time
              continuum without disturbing the time/space vortex:)
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 15 6:05 PM
                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera" <legolover530@...> wrote:

                > um cale, "I" was going to build the enginge house:( no fair, everytime
                > i get an idea, cale builds it! (in jan's whiney persona) cale!!!cale!!!
                > cale!!!cale!!!cale!!!

                You can't fool me. You weren't building an engine house. You were building a device to cause large amounts of chaos disguised as an engine house.

                > me thinks you've been phishin me hard drive or else ye placed some damn
                > neuro chip in me brain!

                And maybe I used a neuro chip to phish the hard drive in your brain.>:)

                > or, great minds think alike!!!

                I'm AWSOME

                and you are
                > -chris
                > cale's muse and alter ego, just better looking and taller and lives in
                > philly, and has the ability to exist in the same space and time
                > continuum without disturbing the time/space vortex:)

                Ummm Ooooh Kaaay

                Cale
                Please please  No autographs  Please