Free Rare Lego

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2007
      http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3446

      Waiting for Mikes reply in

      3

      2

      1
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007

        > http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3446
        >
        > Waiting for Mikes reply in
        >
        > 3
        >
        > 2
        >
        > 1

        This is funny...The past few days I was thinking how it would be cool
        to have some old vintage sets together for the history part of the
        show. I've been trying to locate all the original (or close to it)
        parts of my one 42 year old truck and trailer set. And yesterday I
        bought this little baby to compliment my HO Beetle:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270088496173&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

        It's certainly not near mint, but it's in pretty good condition
        nonetheless. There's some wear on the decals, but they appear to be
        intact. I'm actually thinking about collecting some of the old 50s
        and 60s sets/cars every now and then. Even though they were before
        my time they were really my first introduction to Lego since I got my
        dad's stuff, so I have an attachment to them.

        And this here news you have is perfect timing. I'm very much into
        antique toys, especially with Lego. Problem is there aren't enough
        resources on the subject like there are with, say, PEZ dispensers. I
        would definitely be interested in buying Istok's CD (I just wish it
        was in print). And if it gets PennLUG some cool old stuff to show at
        future events even better!

        As for the event, Mike if you want help putting together something for
        the history part I would be happy to do so. Like I said above, I was
        thinking it would be great to have vintage sets on display. But even
        some of the older sets could be reconstructed from new bricks (with
        the exception of the discontinued windows and doors). Also, I think
        it would be cool to have some of the older classic
        space/castle/technic on display. I was thinking we could separate
        sets by era, and have information written on some sort of poster board
        behind each one, describing the advancements made in each decade.
        Does it sound like a good idea, or do you think it's too ambitious?

        Wow, I really need to shut up now but I couldn't contain myself. lol
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

          > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart"
          > <steampoweredbricks@> wrote:
          > >
          > > http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3446
          > >
          > > Waiting for Mikes reply in
          > >
          > > 3
          > >
          > > 2
          > >
          > > 1

          Speaking of the old stuff, I hope someone has $1,300 to spend. lol
          http://cgi.ebay.com/310-ESSO-STATION-LEGO-SYSTEM-VINTAGE-57-IN-BOX-RARE_W0QQitemZ170083682394QQihZ007QQcategoryZ19011QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007
            wrote:

            > http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3446
            >
            > Waiting for Mikes reply in
            >
            > 3
            >
            > 2
            >
            > 1

            ROFLMAO,,,I was busy reorganizing lego catalogs, my wife got off the
            computer and I wanted to see if some paypal payments went through and
            theres cales post!

            Yes Cale, It took 4.5 seconds to start a email to him. I also made
            mention of looking to offer some for sale at events.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007

               And yesterday I

              > bought this little baby to compliment my HO Beetle:
              > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270088496173&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

              , sweet find!

              > would definitely be interested in buying Istok's CD (I just wish it
              > was in print). And if it gets PennLUG some cool old stuff to show at
              > future events even better!

              I wonder how much it would cost to have it run off at say a Kinko's?

              > As for the event, Mike if you want help putting together something for
              > the history part I would be happy to do so. Like I said above, I was
              > thinking it would be great to have vintage sets on display. But even
              > some of the older sets could be reconstructed from new bricks (with
              > the exception of the discontinued windows and doors). Also, I think
              > it would be cool to have some of the older classic
              > space/castle/technic on display. I was thinking we could separate
              > sets by era, and have information written on some sort of poster board
              > behind each one, describing the advancements made in each decade.
              > Does it sound like a good idea, or do you think it's too ambitious?
              >
              > Wow, I really need to shut up now but I couldn't contain myself. lol

              On the contrary Matt, these are the kind of ideas and input we need!  Some vintage sets would be great to have on display and rebuilding some with newer bricks , well most people wont really know the difference anyway!

              The written info behind them would be an excellent touch, as it gives the history and info on them.  heck I like it

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007
                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

                > Speaking of the old stuff, I hope someone has $1,300 to spend. lol

                http://cgi.ebay.com/310-ESSO-STATION-LEGO-SYSTEM-VINTAGE-57-IN-BOX-RARE_W0QQitemZ170083682394QQihZ007QQcategoryZ19011QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

                Wow! Thats nuts. It's a cool item but a little out of my price range.

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007
                  --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Hocker" <jpark203@...> wrote:

                  > This is funny...The past few days I was thinking how it would be cool
                  > to have some old vintage sets together for the history part of the
                  > show. I've been trying to locate all the original (or close to it)
                  > parts of my one 42 year old truck and trailer set. And yesterday I
                  > bought this little baby to compliment my HO Beetle:

                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270088496173&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

                  That's Sweet. Nice find.

                  > It's certainly not near mint, but it's in pretty good condition
                  > nonetheless. There's some wear on the decals, but they appear to be
                  > intact. I'm actually thinking about collecting some of the old 50s
                  > and 60s sets/cars every now and then. Even though they were before
                  > my time they were really my first introduction to Lego since I got my
                  > dad's stuff, so I have an attachment to them.

                  I have a few old sets from the 80's Mostly castle, including my first
                  large castle http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6085-1 Black Monarchs
                  Castle and http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6086-1 Black Knights Castle.

                  I also have this 4.5 volt train set http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7722
                  from childhood. I need to dig it out and put it back together.

                  > And this here news you have is perfect timing. I'm very much into
                  > antique toys, especially with Lego. Problem is there aren't enough
                  > resources on the subject like there are with, say, PEZ dispensers. I
                  > would definitely be interested in buying Istok's CD (I just wish it
                  > was in print). And if it gets PennLUG some cool old stuff to show at
                  > future events even better!

                  I have a copy and it's really well put together. Gary chose to go with
                  a CD because a book would probably weigh in around a thousand pages
                  and would have been cost prohibitive.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007

                    > I have a few old sets from the 80's Mostly castle, including my first
                    > large castle http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6085-1 Black Monarchs
                    > Castle and http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6086-1 Black Knights Castle.
                    >
                    > I also have this 4.5 volt train set http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7722
                    > from childhood. I need to dig it out and put it back together.

                    Those would be very cool to have on display. I was thinking we could
                    also have a few other things included too, even bionicle, and yes,
                    Galidor. Because who doesn't like a good blunder?

                    > I have a copy and it's really well put together. Gary chose to go with
                    > a CD because a book would probably weigh in around a thousand pages
                    > and would have been cost prohibitive.
                    >
                    > Cale

                    True, but stuff like that can be published in volumes...but yeah that
                    would've been expensive too. lol
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
                      > On the contrary Matt, these are the kind of ideas and input we need!
                      > Some vintage sets would be great to have on display and rebuilding some
                      > with newer bricks , well most people wont really know the difference
                      > anyway!
                      >
                      > The written info behind them would be an excellent touch, as it gives
                      > the history and info on them. heck I like it

                      Cool, if I can think of anything else, I'll put it up here.