papers from make- a -wish

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2006
      I recieved the make a wish "sponsor and event information" packet.
      Lots of legalese, but pretty basic stuff. Here are soem things though
      that need some input.

      The obvious ones are sponsor/address/phone/event description. I think
      we got that

      What participation or resources, if any do you request from Make-A-Wish?
      ______banners _____literature _____volunteers ______Wish family

      (so any thought on what we may need?)

      Will admission fee be charged? __yes __No If so how much?_______

      (we need to decide a dollar amount for the event. I'd say $2-$3
      dollars)

      What % or amount will make a wish recieve? ______ (split it 50/50?)

      They ask if any other group will benifit,,yeah,,US!!!!!!!!!!!!

      The rest of it,,legalese, your parent have to put it together,
      batteries not includded, tax title and fee excluded, subject to credit
      approval, limit one per household, void where prh,,,,,you get it

      The require of course a date and location. I can start with my church
      sponsoring the event, but any other places someone can come up with
      would help. tables will be a must!

      If this is to be in February we need to move along quickly. Also I set
      up a yahoo email at Pennlug@... Plz email me your current
      address and phone at that address to make a more current phone list.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007

        __xx____banners ___xx__literature _____volunteers
        ______Wish family __xx___ tables

        > (so any thought on what we may need?)

        Will admission fee be charged? _x_yes __No If so how much?
        _$2.50/person, limit $10/family?______

        > (we need to decide a dollar amount for the event. I'd say $2-$3
        > dollars)

        What % or amount will make a wish recieve? __50%____ (split it
        50/50?)
        {we need to make sure we can cover our expenses for the event-
        location rental, etc.}
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "super_dave42" <dclr@...> wrote:

          > > What participation or resources, if any do you request from Make-
          A-
          > Wish?
          >
          > __xx____banners ___xx__literature _____volunteers
          > ______Wish family __xx___ tables
          >

          > > (so any thought on what we may need?)
          > >

          > Will admission fee be charged? _x_yes __No If so how much?
          > _$2.50/person, limit $10/family?______
          >

          > > (we need to decide a dollar amount for the event. I'd say $2-$3
          > > dollars)
          > >

          > What % or amount will make a wish recieve? __50%____ (split it
          > 50/50?)
          > {we need to make sure we can cover our expenses for the event-
          > location rental, etc.}

          On Tuesday the 9th I go before the board at my church about using
          the building. There's been talk of a fee but we'll see on the 9th
          what it is. I'll make a point of mentioning it will be for us AND
          the make a wish foundation. If we have it for two days (sat/sun) I
          can also pitch that Sunday morning I can open it for church members
          for free if I think it'll get us a good rate ;)

          since it would be a lot of different stuff and kinda like a mini
          brickfest I was trying to think up a name for the event. I thought
          of since it owuld be PennLUGs "big show" maybe playing on
          words, "The Brick Show"? i dunno, somethin like that.