November Meeting

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 8, 2006
      Our next meeting is the 18th. Thats a week and a half away. So the
      question is where?

      I've been brainstorming some ideas for a train layout. I also have
      some train mocs i hope to finish before then.

      Now if only we could get LEGO to make Trains.

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 10, 2006

        > Our next meeting is the 18th. Thats a week and a half away. So
        the
        > question is where?
        >
        > I've been brainstorming some ideas for a train layout. I also
        have
        > some train mocs i hope to finish before then.
        >
        > Now if only we could get LEGO to make Trains.
        >
        > Cale

        Silly Cale, we've been over this,,,they only make train shaped
        SPACE! parts packs.

        My place is available is need be again. However I work from 9-3 so
        would have to be after that, or maybe in eveing. The wife and kid
        will be out of town, so plenty of pizza may be in order.
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 15, 2006
          Drat- I'm busy Saturday evening. But I've been building like crazy!
          Honest! (And not crappy space ambulances like last time, either.)
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 18, 2006
            Um...  Did anyone actually mention when the meeting is to start?  Since Mike, the host, will work till 3:00 I figure you'll want some time to freshen up afterwards.  I can be there any time.  If there are no replies by 4:00 I'll leave here in time to get there around 5:00.

            Pizza sounds good to me.  Although I will eat it I prefer not to have pepperoni or sausage because they are so greasy and/or spicy.  I like mine with ham, pineapple, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.  Who delivers there and are they any good?  What about beverages?

            Since Mike is hosting, again, should he have to pay for his own pizza?  I'm willing to pay extra for his since he will have to clean up, etc.

            For some new people who didn't come last time and may want to come this time can someone reply with the address?

            Michael Tighe

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 28, 2007
              Now that things have settled down I can finally focus on what's realy
              important in life, LEGO.

              So who is up for the November meeting? Matt? Dave? Mike? Cale? Matt?
              Kjeld?

              Any suggestions for the meeting? Parts draw? build contest? or?
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 28, 2007

                > Now that things have settled down I can finally focus on what's realy
                > important in life, LEGO.

                Hurray!

                > So who is up for the November meeting? Matt? Dave? Mike? Cale? Matt?
                > Kjeld?

                I'm up for something. I think Keld is a bit busy designing new sets
                though.

                http://www.brickjournal.com/news/2007/10/19/town-plan-set-pics

                > Any suggestions for the meeting? Parts draw? build contest? or?

                How about we do this set

                http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=10179&cn=233&d=263

                For a parts draw. :)

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 28, 2007

                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 28, 2007

                    > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <steampoweredbricks@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220"
                    > > longhairedredneck220@ wrote:

                    > > > So who is up for the November meeting? Matt? Dave? Mike? Cale? Matt?
                    > > > Kjeld?
                    > > >

                    > > I'm up for something. I think Keld is a bit busy designing new sets
                    > > though.
                    > >
                    > > http://www.brickjournal.com/news/2007/10/19/town-plan-set-pics
                    > > It figures, they just couldn't resist adding yet ANOTHER gas station

                    At least it looks cool. It has a nice 50's look and will fit right in
                    next to some steam trains.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 31, 2007
                      Yeah, I might be able to do it. The 17th? And a micro moonbase...
                      hopefully I can come up with something. A small parts draw could be
                      fun too- but I'm trying to save up for after-Christmas sales....

                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
                        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "super_dave42" <dclr@...> wrote:

                        > Yeah, I might be able to do it. The 17th? And a micro moonbase...
                        > hopefully I can come up with something. A small parts draw could be
                        > fun too- but I'm trying to save up for after-Christmas sales....

                        > <longhairedredneck220@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Now that things have settled down I can finally focus on what's
                        > realy
                        > > important in life, LEGO.
                        > >
                        > > So who is up for the November meeting? Matt? Dave? Mike? Cale?
                        > Matt?
                        > > Kjeld?
                        > >
                        > > Any suggestions for the meeting? Parts draw? build contest? or?

                        So is any one else up for the 17th?

                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 12, 2007
                          Well this place has died.

                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 12, 2007
                            weird,,normally i see a digest in my email that tells me when things
                            happen in the group,, but haven't gotten anything in a bit.
                            odd. anyway. I ciould still do 17th but would need to be early
                            eve. Got some work stuff need to do since I was out Monday for my
                            grandmothers funeral.

                            BTW- Rumor is KB is closing a ton of stores,,,check any close to
                            you for any great deals

                            Mike
                            Super hero wanna be, kind to small animals and all around good guy

                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 12, 2007

                              > weird,,normally i see a digest in my email that tells me when things
                              > happen in the group,, but haven't gotten anything in a bit.
                              > odd. anyway. I ciould still do 17th but would need to be early
                              > eve. Got some work stuff need to do since I was out Monday for my
                              > grandmothers funeral.

                              Crap! I was afraid you would say that. No good after 3:00 but maybe
                              Sunday?

                              > BTW- Rumor is KB is closing a ton of stores,,,check any close to
                              > you for any great deals

                              Nearest to me would be Park City.

                              > Mike
                              > Super hero wanna be, kind to small animals and all around good guy

                              I thought you were Supreme Overlord?

                              Cale
                              Former super hero, kind to most small animals, many medium sized ones
                              and a few of the larger ones with out sharp pointy teeth.
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 13, 2007
                                My schedule's starting to stack up and I'm not sure I could hit the
                                17th. The 18th is straight out for me.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 13, 2007
                                  I have to work over-time Saturday till about 4:00.  However, Sunday afternoon is open for me.

                                  Here's a different thought:  Since we seem to be having trouble workiig out some weekend meeting times, would a mid-week meeting be out of the question?  I don't have any evening in mind, I'm just throwing that idea out there...

                                  Or what about the weekend after Thanksgiving?

                                  Michael

                                  "There's no such thing as too much LEGO"

                                  <steampoweredbricks @...> wrote:

                                  > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups .com, "longhairedredneck2 20"
                                  > <longhairedredneck2 20@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > weird,,normally i see a digest in my email that tells me when
                                  things
                                  > > happen in the group,, but haven't gotten anything in a bit.
                                  > > odd. anyway. I ciould still do 17th but would need to be early
                                  > > eve. Got some work stuff need to do since I was out Monday for
                                  my
                                  > > grandmothers funeral.
                                  > >

                                  > Crap! I was afraid you would say that. No good after 3:00 but maybe
                                  > Sunday?
                                  >
                                  > > BTW- Rumor is KB is closing a ton of stores,,,check any close
                                  > > you for any great deals
                                  > >

                                  > Nearest to me would be Park City.
                                  >
                                  > > Mike
                                  > > Super hero wanna be, kind to small animals and all around good
                                  guy

                                  > I thought you were Supreme Overlord?
                                  >

                                  > Cale
                                  > Former super hero, kind to most small animals, many medium sized
                                  ones
                                  > and a few of the larger ones with out sharp pointy teeth.

                                • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 16, 2007
                                    this weekend definitely sucks for me:( too much school work and a ton
                                    of house todo's. the sunday after turkey day may be perfect though!

                                    -chris
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 21, 2007
                                      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera"
                                      <legolover530@...> wrote:

                                      > this weekend definitely sucks for me:( too much school work and a ton
                                      > of house todo's. the sunday after turkey day may be perfect though!
                                      >
                                      > -chris

                                      Any one interested.

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 22, 2007
                                        I can make it.  Where would it be?  Mike G.'s?  The pizza place?

                                        Michael

                                        "There's no such thing as too much LEGO"

                                        > this weekend definitely sucks for me:( too much school work and a ton
                                        > of house todo's. the sunday after turkey day may be perfect though!
                                        >
                                        > -chris

                                        Any one interested.

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Nov 24, 2007
                                          Is anyone up for a meeting tomorrow?

                                          > this weekend definitely sucks for me:( too much school work and a ton
                                          > of house todo's. the sunday after turkey day may be perfect though!
                                          >
                                          > -chris

                                          Any one interested.