Re: lego show fund raiser

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2006

      > > Also, at the risk of sounding heretical, do you think WamaLUG would be
      > > interested in helping out too?
      > >

      > Actually, i was goi9ng to see if WamaLUG, DelVaLUG, maybe NELUG,,maybe
      > Kjeld himself will give a hand,,yeah right.
      >
      > Early December may be a good time for a show, but maybe not for others
      > to get the time to do it. What say ye knights of the round table?
      > also I am willing to hear from Chris,Cale,Matt K and Dave at the little
      > kids table,,(lol)

      The only dates in December that wouldn't work for me are the 17th and
      Christmas of course. For November the 11th is out.

      > I'd thought of having more of a general show with many facets to it.
      > Think Brickfest but a heckuvalot smaller. Train layout (bleh),

      LEGO makes trains?

      Castle,
      > SPACE!!!!!!!!!, maybe moonbase?, mosaics,sculpture,mindstorms stuff,
      > some presentations, your eyes seeing stars from all the #^&^$###^%#
      > camera flashes, and those rotten litt,,ok maybe I'm getting emotional :P
      >
      > My gas station is getting redone and bigger land area. No I dont have a
      > full roof on it yet Cale.

      Sure Steal more farmland for your gas stations and your walmarts.

      Speaking of Cale, how would you like to come
      > up with our star studded holiday extravaganza layout?

      Smaller than the NMRA. Maybe alot smaller with a few realy well
      detailed scenes. Unless of course we get other clubs involved.

      > ok gotta run,,
      >
      > Mike

      You don't strike me as the running type.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
        From the little kids' table:

        Can I have some more milk?

        I don't have anything built except for a crazy steampunk walker and
        the tortured remains of my space ambulance I built for the last
        meeting. I've thought about putting together an electrical
        substation just for kicks, but that will depend on how many nifty
        gray pieces I can find in my unsorted stack of boxes. I'm willing to
        show off whatever I can get together and I'm fairly flexible as far
        as shows, etc. go. I could probably hack together a moonbase module
        or two if necessary for a show. In summary: I'm game.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006

          > I'd thought of having more of a general show with many facets to it.
          > Think Brickfest but a heckuvalot smaller. Train layout (bleh), Castle,
          > SPACE!!!!!!!!!, maybe moonbase?, mosaics,sculpture,mindstorms stuff,
          > some presentations, your eyes seeing stars from all the #^&^$###^%#
          > camera flashes, and those rotten litt,,ok maybe I'm getting emotional :P
          >
          > My gas station is getting redone and bigger land area. No I dont have a
          > full roof on it yet Cale. Speaking of Cale, how would you like to come
          > up with our star studded holiday extravaganza layout?
          >
          > ok gotta run,,
          >
          > Mike

          For a show like that, I could look into getting the PennLUG Building
          back for us. It could be worth asking, at any rate. We should decide
          on a date though, so I can go in with a better idea of what to tell
          him. Will it be more than one day? Will we need a day or two in
          advance to set up?
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006

            > For a show like that, I could look into getting the PennLUG
            Building
            > back for us. It could be worth asking, at any rate. We should
            decide
            > on a date though, so I can go in with a better idea of what to tell
            > him. Will it be more than one day? Will we need a day or two in
            > advance to set up?

            lol, I love how it's called the PennLUG building. Question is Matt,
            since I don't recall offhand, what about parking? Will it have
            enough parking if we do get a large crowd? how far away is the main
            parking area? The building would do rather nicely if we can workl
            out parking

            As far as a date ow does the 2nd of December sound? not tooo awful
            close to christmas, but not too close that it would keep us from
            doing a rather decent show.
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 12, 2006

              > > For a show like that, I could look into getting the PennLUG
              > Building
              > > back for us. It could be worth asking, at any rate. We should
              > decide
              > > on a date though, so I can go in with a better idea of what to tell
              > > him. Will it be more than one day? Will we need a day or two in
              > > advance to set up?
              > >

              > lol, I love how it's called the PennLUG building. Question is Matt,
              > since I don't recall offhand, what about parking? Will it have
              > enough parking if we do get a large crowd? how far away is the main
              > parking area? The building would do rather nicely if we can workl
              > out parking
              >
              > As far as a date ow does the 2nd of December sound? not tooo awful
              > close to christmas, but not too close that it would keep us from
              > doing a rather decent show.

              Well, parking wouldn't be a problem, as the entire lot would likely be
              available. Personally, I'd rather have it a BIT closer to Christmas,
              just because December 2nd is right at the tail end of our busiest
              time, and it'd be nice to have some time to build before then. (I have
              like a week of slow time, then back to us getting hammered at work
              again until the end of November.)