BrikWars

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      Would any of you be interested in doing a BrikWars thing some time?
      For those who don't know, it's a wargame using Lego. It even has
      rules. Check out www.brikwars.com .
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "super_dave42" <dclr@...> wrote:

        > Would any of you be interested in doing a BrikWars thing some time?
        > For those who don't know, it's a wargame using Lego. It even has
        > rules. Check out www.brikwars.com .

        Very complicated rules at that. I tried playing at a Wamalug meeting a
        few years ago, but when I pulled out my Harry Potter army they told
        me I couldn't play... They just were afraid they couldn't beat an
        entire army of "The Boy Who Lived."

        I'd definitely be up for a game using the quickplay rules. Would be a
        good learning experience.

        So, as its your turn to pick the build theme for next meeting, is it
        going to be BrikWars based?
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
          It does take a while to play (with plenty of mental effort involved,
          so you may want to swap in some European films for your standard
          cartoons). QuikWars (the simpler, speedier rules) should be a good
          starting point.

          As for build theme, I'm considering assigning either 1.
          fall/Halloween/3vil; 2. military; or 3. BrikWars. Bonus points if
          you make a 3vil-style jack-o-lantern tank. Since I need to make a
          BrikWars army before I head home for Thanksgiving (I'm planning a
          game with my brother), that's probably what I'll do. For you train
          fellows, you could (in true Cale style) build a little gun and stick
          it on your locomotive and call it a "military MOC."

          I'll bring my D10 to the meeting just in case we need it. If anyone
          wants to try Quik/BrikWars, bring some buildings and stuff too.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
            so,,does this mean a space/3vil type thing? or........?
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
              --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "super_dave42" <dclr@...> wrote:

              > As for build theme, I'm considering assigning either 1.
              > fall/Halloween/3vil; 2. military; or 3. BrikWars. Bonus points if
              > you make a 3vil-style jack-o-lantern tank. Since I need to make a
              > BrikWars army before I head home for Thanksgiving (I'm planning a
              > game with my brother), that's probably what I'll do. For you train
              > fellows, you could (in true Cale style) build a little gun and stick
              > it on your locomotive and call it a "military MOC."

              Having just done space for September doing somthing like 3vil for
              October seems kinda silly. Military or Holloween would be good though.
              And what makes a moc a Brickwars moc. I've never played it but I'd be
              willing try it out.