Re: Logo Idea

  • danloych
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
      That's pretty cool! Where are you from, Matt? I think you said before,
      but I couldn't remember. I live on the north side of York.

      Dan

      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "wing_sas" <wing_sas@c...> wrote:

      > Hey guys, I got bored while sorting bricks today, so I worked up a
      > quick logo idea (blame it on the day job). I posted it in the photos
      > section. Let me know what you think!
      >
      > -Matt

    • wing_sas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
        I live in Lancaster now, but I grew up in York.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "wing_sas" <wing_sas@c...> wrote:

          > Hey guys, I got bored while sorting bricks today, so I worked up a
          > quick logo idea (blame it on the day job). I posted it in the photos
          > section. Let me know what you think!
          >
          > -Matt

          Intresting You have some Lego® style studs worked in there which is
          good. My concern however is that it doesn't have any visual cues
          linking the logo to our surrounding area. This would be a good topic
          for our meeting but I'll give a few thoughts on a logo here.

          Looking at some of the logos from other clubs
          http://www.iltco.org/clubs/ I think what appeals to me the most is a
          logo that ties a club to the brick and to its local area. The East
          Japan LEGO Train Club http://www.iltco.org/clubs/?clubdetailid=56
          for example uses a Japanese high speed train printed across a 1x8
          brick as their logo. It gives them a nice visual tie to there locale
          and to the brick they love. IndyLUG
          http://www.iltco.org/clubs/?clubdetailid=43 and LowLUG
          http://www.iltco.org/clubs/?clubdetailid=51 are other good examples.

          I kind of like what Mike has going with the blue and yellow keystone.
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1496601 I think with
          a little refinement it could work pretty well. Although I'm open to
          any ideas for a logo. Even something incorporating the great
          Pennsylvania Railroad herald http://www.prrths.com/PRR_Default.html
          like some other clubs have done with their local fallen flags.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@n...> wrote:

            > Intresting You have some Lego® style studs worked in there which
            is
            > good. My concern however is that it doesn't have any visual cues
            > linking the logo to our surrounding area. This would be a good
            topic
            > for our meeting but I'll give a few thoughts on a logo here.
            >
            > Looking at some of the logos from other clubs
            > http://www.iltco.org/clubs/ I think what appeals to me the most
            is a
            > logo that ties a club to the brick and to its local area. The East
            > Japan LEGO Train Club http://www.iltco.org/clubs/?clubdetailid=56
            > for example uses a Japanese high speed train printed across a 1x8
            > brick as their logo. It gives them a nice visual tie to there
            locale
            > and to the brick they love. IndyLUG
            > http://www.iltco.org/clubs/?clubdetailid=43 and LowLUG
            > http://www.iltco.org/clubs/?clubdetailid=51 are other good
            examples.

            > I kind of like what Mike has going with the blue and yellow
            keystone.
            > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1496601 I think
            with
            > a little refinement it could work pretty well. Although I'm open to
            > any ideas for a logo. Even something incorporating the great
            > Pennsylvania Railroad herald
            http://www.prrths.com/PRR_Default.html
            > like some other clubs have done with their local fallen flags.
            >
            > Cale

            I like the incorporation of the keystone and think it works pretty
            well. I guess it couldn't hurt to maybe add a little design of some
            sort within the logo though. Here's some ideas I came up with:
            Amish Horse and Buggy or an Amish looking minifig, a Lego brick
            style covered bridge, or something to do w/ Hershey's. I just
            thought those were some of the things that would strike the rest of
            the country as being "Pennsylvanian." I think one of these could
            work well. Keep the ideas coming.

            Matt