The parties over :(

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
      Well another year of Brickfest has come and gone. I left with $450
      and came back with $7,,not bad, although $300 of that I had to spend
      posting Cale's bail after he went on a drunken rampage ,,,just
      kidding

      Where do I start?

      Well we ad a great time, met some new people, Cale met a woman from
      PA near us and invited her to check out the group. No one guessed
      what was on my concrete bricks that Ole Christiansen insisted for
      all his wooden toys. The answer
      was..................................................................
      ........Three Coats of Paint!!!!!!!!!

      Oh well, I think I'll try again next year.

      As promised I brought back some goodies for you guys from
      brickfest. I also bought some extra custom guns and stickers I know
      you'll love. I'll be selling them for a little more than I picked
      them up for to raise some cash for the club, so be sure to bring a
      few bucks to the meeting.

      We also scored some AFOL Comic Books for the club to hand out at
      shows.

      We learned a lot about what's going on and what's to come rom LEGO,
      and BrickJournal, which btw, may have an article about PennLUG (WE
      ARE,,,,PENNLUG!). It seems your's truly presented Joe Meno with an
      idea about spotlighting different clubs in BrickJournal and he
      said "great Idea, Make it 2,000 words or less and send it to me"
      Oh,,,uh,,,ok,,yeah,,sure joe,,,, So I guess I'll start writing it
      up.

      Cale won TWO AWARDS which is one more than DelVaLUG :P nyah nyah,
      lol. Correct me if I'm wrong Cale, but one for best train engine
      and one for was it med or small Train moc? anyway the water tower
      won. I managed to squeeze out with a door prize on Sunday that was
      cool.

      I also signed up for several copies of the Brickfest DVD. This year
      it's $11.00 for both 2005 and 2006 and should have each coming with
      a brickfest patch (i think) So think about if you'd like them, I
      think they are worth it by far.

      We were surpsied by TLC to a free small PAB container to be filled
      at the store as well!

      There was a lot to see, people to meet, things to do! hopefully
      more of us can go next year! Cale and I will fill you in on all the
      details at the September meeting.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006

        > Well another year of Brickfest has come and gone. I left with $450
        > and came back with $7,,not bad, although $300 of that I had to spend
        > posting Cale's bail after he went on a drunken rampage ,,,just
        > kidding

        Mega Bloks RULE!

        > Where do I start?
        >
        > Well we ad a great time, met some new people, Cale met a woman from
        > PA near us and invited her to check out the group. No one guessed
        > what was on my concrete bricks that Ole Christiansen insisted for
        > all his wooden toys. The answer
        > was..................................................................
        > ........Three Coats of Paint!!!!!!!!!

        Bingo! It all becomes much clearer.

        > Oh well, I think I'll try again next year.
        >
        > As promised I brought back some goodies for you guys from
        > brickfest. I also bought some extra custom guns and stickers I know
        > you'll love. I'll be selling them for a little more than I picked
        > them up for to raise some cash for the club, so be sure to bring a
        > few bucks to the meeting.
        >
        > We also scored some AFOL Comic Books for the club to hand out at
        > shows.

        Yeah We don't do that any more.

        > We learned a lot about what's going on and what's to come rom LEGO,
        > and BrickJournal, which btw, may have an article about PennLUG (WE
        > ARE,,,,PENNLUG!). It seems your's truly presented Joe Meno with an
        > idea about spotlighting different clubs in BrickJournal and he
        > said "great Idea, Make it 2,000 words or less and send it to me"
        > Oh,,,uh,,,ok,,yeah,,sure joe,,,, So I guess I'll start writing it
        > up.

        And the What Did I Just Get Myself Into Award goes to. Mike Gibney

        > Cale won TWO AWARDS which is one more than DelVaLUG :P nyah nyah,
        > lol. Correct me if I'm wrong Cale, but one for best train engine
        > and one for was it med or small Train moc? anyway the water tower
        > won. I managed to squeeze out with a door prize on Sunday that was
        > cool.

        Best Small Railroad Structure for my Wooden Water Tower and Best
        Railroad Steam Engine for my Pennsylvania K4s.

        > I also signed up for several copies of the Brickfest DVD. This year
        > it's $11.00 for both 2005 and 2006 and should have each coming with
        > a brickfest patch (i think) So think about if you'd like them, I
        > think they are worth it by far.
        >
        > We were surpsied by TLC to get a free small PAB container to be filled
        > at the store as well!
        >
        > There was a lot to see, people to meet, things to do! hopefully
        > more of us can go next year! Cale and I will fill you in on all the
        > details at the September meeting.
        >
        > Mike

        Must set date for meeting.
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
          Mike,

          If you'd like some help with writing that article I'd be glad to assist or even do most of it if you're not comfortable with that sort of thing.  Back in college (way back...) both my composition professors commented favorably on my style and abilities, one even went so far as to suggest I'd be good at writing novels.  (Actually a dormant dream of mine.)  However, I don't want to intrude, nor would I be offended, if you want to do it yourself.

          Michael Tighe

          Well another year of Brickfest has come and gone. I left with $450
          and came back with $7,,not bad, although $300 of that I had to spend
          posting Cale's bail after he went on a drunken rampage ,,,just
          kidding

          Where do I start?

          Well we ad a great time, met some new people, Cale met a woman from
          PA near us and invited her to check out the group. No one guessed
          what was on my concrete bricks that Ole Christiansen insisted for
          all his wooden toys. The answer
          was......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ...
          ............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ...

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tighe" <mike.tighe@...>
            wrote:

            > Mike,
            >
            > If you'd like some help with writing that article I'd be glad to
            assist or
            > even do most of it if you're not comfortable with that sort of
            thing. Back
            > in college (way back...) both my composition professors commented
            favorably
            > on my style and abilities, one even went so far as to suggest I'd
            be good at
            > writing novels. (Actually a dormant dream of mine.) However, I
            don't want
            > to intrude, nor would I be offended, if you want to do it yourself.
            >
            > Michael Tighe

            I will deffinately need a hand with it,,especially with a viewpoint
            from a diferent angel such as yourself

            Here are some rough ideas for the article

            1. if you build it they will come--meaning "hey,,i didn't know what
            I was doing totally,,,but i wanted to get something going, it took
            some time and after a while i did find others into lego and they
            didnt all come from lugnet postings the first month. try to convey
            it took some planning and some perserverance.

            2. The joys of world domination (or the satisfaction of starting a
            club :P ) how it creates a sense of belonging in the lego community

            3. Our first year- from meeting clae at Brickfest 05, to our first
            meeting a a bob Evans, to the open house to less than a year later
            being invited to the NMRA show, and other events.

            4. Meetings- things we do, don't do, The women, wine and song yadda
            yadda

            5. any other ideas for the article?

            Mike G