Re: September meeting agenda

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 15, 2006

      > On second thought, let's not go to Brickfest. It is a silly place.

      Brickfest! Brickfest! Brickfest! It's just a MOC

      >> We demand............... Another shrubery!

      A nice one,,,not too expensive,,,in front of the first one to create
      a two level effect , with a nice path running up the middle

      > You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
      > watery tart threw a sword at you!!

      BLOODY PEASENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

      > Cale
      > Who realy should be do more important stuff than quoting lines
      from
      > Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

      I thought that's what LUG's do!

    • maarekstorm
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 29, 2006
        Hello all,

        I know I am a new member, but where is the meeting, and would I be
        allowed to come?

        Also for webpages I'm not a great web guy but I'd like to help out if
        I could. I can give examples of what I've done already. (mostly star
        trek related)

        Thanks!

        Jim Cat

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 29, 2006
          To all members,

          would the 9th 16th,23rd, or 30th work better for the September
          meeting?

          Chris, Am I to assume you are offering hosting this month? if not I
          can. I assume you have a DVD and VCR for Brickfest video footage.

          Meetings are open to all adults, 18 and over who are intrested in
          the group. note that means legal age,,not mental age. Most members
          now are mentally at age 12,,some lower ;)

          If we meet at Chris's house, it would make sense to carpool.

          and Chris I got your Phillidelphya redone. Now it's capitalized :P

          I got BF goodies :)yay,, I need to know who will be in attendence

          Oh, and CALE,,,did you by chance end up with my copy of the AFOL
          comic with Mark Hylands autograph? I can't find it anywhere :(

          ALL THIER BRICKS ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!!!!!

          Mike G
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 29, 2006

            > To all members,
            >
            > would the 9th 16th,23rd, or 30th work better for the September
            > meeting?

            The 16th is no good for me. The other dates are fine though

            > Chris, Am I to assume you are offering hosting this month? if not I
            > can. I assume you have a DVD and VCR for Brickfest video footage.
            >
            > Meetings are open to all adults, 18 and over who are intrested in
            > the group. note that means legal age,,not mental age. Most members
            > now are mentally at age 12,,some lower ;)
            >
            > If we meet at Chris's house, it would make sense to carpool.
            >
            > and Chris I got your Phillidelphya redone. Now it's capitalized :P
            >
            > I got BF goodies :)yay,, I need to know who will be in attendence
            >
            > Oh, and CALE,,,did you by chance end up with my copy of the AFOL
            > comic with Mark Hylands autograph? I can't find it anywhere :(

            I only have my copy. Sorry.

            Cale the Shruber
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 30, 2006
              Any of those dates should be fine for me.

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 30, 2006
                The 30th would work best for me, but I can PROBABLY make any of the
                others. Let me know.
              • mike.tighe@verizon.net
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 31, 2006
                  The 16th or 30th would work best for me as my son will be with "The Egg Donor" those weekends.

                  Michael Tighe

                  "There's no such thing as too much LEGO."

                  =====================
                  From: Matt Krotzer <wing_sas@...>
                  Date: 2006/08/30 Wed PM 10:43:00 CDT
                  To: Pennlug@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [Pennlug] Re: September meeting agenda--Please Reply

                  The 30th would work best for me, but I can PROBABLY make any of the
                  others. Let me know.
                • Jim Cat
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 31, 2006
                    I think the 30th would work for me, just let me know where to go is all I ask :)

                    Jim Cat

                    ============ =========
                    From: Matt Krotzer <wing_sas@comcast. net>
                    Date: 2006/08/30 Wed PM 10:43:00 CDT
                    To: Pennlug@yahoogroups .com

                    The 30th would work best for me, but I can PROBABLY make any of the
                    others. Let me know.

                  • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 31, 2006

                      > To all members,
                      >
                      > would the 9th 16th,23rd, or 30th work better for the September
                      > meeting?

                      23rd or 30th would be best for me.

                      > Chris, Am I to assume you are offering hosting this month?
                      my place would be fine for 7-8, i do have 2 dogs and a cat though.

                      if not I
                      > can. I assume you have a DVD and VCR for Brickfest video footage.

                      yep, and i even have them hooked up to a television to increase the
                      viewing possibiliies

                      > Meetings are open to all adults, 18 and over who are intrested in
                      > the group. note that means legal age,,not mental age. Most
                      members
                      > now are mentally at age 12,,some lower ;)

                      everyone better or behave or jenn will kick us all out!

                      > If we meet at Chris's house, it would make sense to carpool.
                      >
                      > and Chris I got your Phillidelphya redone. Now it's capitalized :P

                      red neck spellcheck saves the day once more!

                      > I got BF goodies :)yay,, I need to know who will be in attendence

                      if it's at my place, i'll definitely be there, anywhere else should
                      work fine as well

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 31, 2006
                        So it's seems like a trend toward the 30th is prevailing, so let's say
                        the 30th? yes that should work

                        Chris,,you wrote 7-8 are you saying 1 hour, or what exactly?
                        also,,should we use mapquest to your place or do you have better
                        directions?

                        Don't forget all,,I got Brickfest goodies and don't forget to bring a
                        few bucks to get some extra cool small stuff and help support the
                        club. No, Mike and Cale,,you don't get any goodies,,,you already got
                        yours and I know darn well Mike got enough on Thursday night that he
                        should be just now done opening it all :O

                        Mike G
                        "Denmark is the promised land and Billund its Holy City"
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 1 4:55 AM
                          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...>
                          wrote:

                          > So it's seems like a trend toward the 30th is prevailing, so let's say
                          > the 30th? yes that should work
                          >
                          > Chris,,you wrote 7-8 are you saying 1 hour, or what exactly?
                          > also,,should we use mapquest to your place or do you have better
                          > directions?
                          >
                          > Don't forget all,,I got Brickfest goodies and don't forget to bring a
                          > few bucks to get some extra cool small stuff and help support the
                          > club. No, Mike and Cale,,you don't get any goodies,,,you already got
                          > yours and I know darn well Mike got enough on Thursday night that he
                          > should be just now done opening it all :O
                          >

                          > Mike G
                          > "Denmark is the promised land and Billund its Holy City"

                          30th is superb. :)

                          I think he meant he can host 7-8 people comfortably. Any more than that is Standing
                          Room Only.

                          I'll be bringing money for Brickfest goodies. Might even give you a call to stop by before
                          then and chat about BF and stuff, since you're close by.

                          Is there any more information on the Reading Terminal Market proposition? If not, can we
                          get some by the time our meeting rolls around? If we're going to do that show, we should
                          really know by the meeting so we can figure out what we want to do and have time for
                          building.
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 1 5:46 AM

                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 1 6:00 AM
                              time is totally open for the day! by 7-8 i meant i think i can host
                              7-8 people in my dining room, no reference to times:) sorry for the
                              mixup! we can do all day as far as i'm concernced. no toy stores
                              close by, but target or toys r us is about 20 min drive. no deals
                              lateley, of course i've been stalking the clearance section.

                              also, while in disney, we opted for the annual pass which gives us a
                              10% discount at the lego imagination center.

                              looking forward to lego goodies:)

                              as for directions, i would recommend mapquest as those are the ones
                              i've used to get up to you guys and they worked fine.

                              the address is:

                              4134 Ludlow Street
                              Philadelphia, PA 19104

                              for any local philly members, this is in university city, right
                              below market street.

                              please let me know a good headcount of who is coming so i can ensure
                              enough seating, (human head count, not minifigs in a hopper, also,
                              limit one human head per member, unless shrunken)

                              check your bricks at the door, and you'll receive a commemorative
                              spiderman mega block tin without megablocs in exchange:
                              -chris
                            • steven merkert