Re: stuff

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Krotzer" <wing_sas@...> wrote:
      I'm still trying to finish up the
      > stairs and center platform for the train station. Does anyone have
      > brown stairs? I'm hoping I can find more in one of my unsorted boxes,
      > but right now I'm one flight short. Anyway, I've got it set at 18
      > bricks high right now, so we should have plenty of clearance for our
      > cars or any outside trains we happen to commandeer. I may post
      > requests for other parts I need as well, but hopefully I'll be able to
      > get by with what I've got.

      This one http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30134

      I have one in brown and one in black. I can bring it along.

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006

        > ..............It's just I figure if I try and rush it today, it might
        > end
        > > up looking like a piece of crap. Right now I'm using my day off to
        > > work on detailing my scenes a little further which includes minifig
        > > placement (i'm obsessed) and finally enough light bley tile for
        > > covering my area with sidewalk.
        >
        > Matt,,
        >
        > Dont feel bad for not having the monorail done. I've worked on stuff
        > for months, and still it looks like crap. Although,,,that will change
        > as I have big news that will greatly impact PennLUG and the lego
        > community as a whole. No i didnt find a limitless supply of free lego
        > (damn) and I didnt win the lottery (damn again), but onetheless was
        > something that could have had a great impact that will not come to
        > pass. (lol it sounds like I was in danger of going to jail or
        > something) I shall bring forth this great news unto the land at our
        > meeting at the NMRA show and many will say............"so,,,um,,that
        > was it?...big deal"

        You kidnaped Troy Cefaratti?

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006

          > ..............It's just I figure if I try and rush it today, it might
          > end
          > > up looking like a piece of crap. Right now I'm using my day off to
          > > work on detailing my scenes a little further which includes minifig
          > > placement (i'm obsessed) and finally enough light bley tile for
          > > covering my area with sidewalk.
          >
          > Matt,,
          >
          > Dont feel bad for not having the monorail done. I've worked on stuff
          > for months, and still it looks like crap. Although,,,that will change
          > as I have big news that will greatly impact PennLUG and the lego
          > community as a whole. No i didnt find a limitless supply of free lego
          > (damn) and I didnt win the lottery (damn again), but onetheless was
          > something that could have had a great impact that will not come to
          > pass. (lol it sounds like I was in danger of going to jail or
          > something) I shall bring forth this great news unto the land at our
          > meeting at the NMRA show and many will say............"so,,,um,,that
          > was it?...big deal"

          Swanberg took the fall for your evil Lego theft ring leaving you off
          scott free?

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006

            > ..............It's just I figure if I try and rush it today, it might
            > end
            > > up looking like a piece of crap. Right now I'm using my day off to
            > > work on detailing my scenes a little further which includes minifig
            > > placement (i'm obsessed) and finally enough light bley tile for
            > > covering my area with sidewalk.
            >
            > Matt,,
            >
            > Dont feel bad for not having the monorail done. I've worked on stuff
            > for months, and still it looks like crap. Although,,,that will change
            > as I have big news that will greatly impact PennLUG and the lego
            > community as a whole. No i didnt find a limitless supply of free lego
            > (damn) and I didnt win the lottery (damn again), but onetheless was
            > something that could have had a great impact that will not come to
            > pass. (lol it sounds like I was in danger of going to jail or
            > something) I shall bring forth this great news unto the land at our
            > meeting at the NMRA show and many will say............"so,,,um,,that
            > was it?...big deal"

            You fell into a vat of toxic waste and it gave you suuper powers and
            now your fighting for truth justice and the Lego way.

            You can stop me any time now.

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006

              > I have one in brown and one in black. I can bring it along.
              >
              > Cale

              no surprise there,,,we already knew you took all the brown from BL ;)

              I looked Matt, all I have is black
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006

                > Swanberg took the fall for your evil Lego theft ring leaving you off
                > scott free?
                >
                > Cale

                My plan for world brick domination is more evil than Swanbergs,,he was
                just a wannabe,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't need to use fake UPC codes,,I've got
                sharks with laser beams on thier heads
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006

                  > You fell into a vat of toxic waste and it gave you suuper powers and
                  > now your fighting for truth justice and the Lego way.
                  >
                  > You can stop me any time now.
                  >
                  > Cale

                  no please continue,,this is quite entertaining
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006

                    > > You fell into a vat of toxic waste and it gave you suuper powers and
                    > > now your fighting for truth justice and the Lego way.
                    > >
                    > > You can stop me any time now.
                    > >
                    > > Cale
                    > >

                    > no please continue,,this is quite entertaining

                    You've turned to the dark side and will now use the force to bitch
                    slap Jar Jar. Well maybee that's not so dark afterall.

                    You won the Nigerien Lottery.

                    You're the inventor of the Aquariass - Aquarium toilet
                    http://www.elseware.to/products/aq.htm

                    You learned new communication skills :)
                    http://www.zefrank.com/punc/

                    You took the blue pill.

                    And yes I said Suuper powers. It's one step above normal super powers.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
                      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@...> wrote:

                      > <longhairedredneck220@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > You fell into a vat of toxic waste and it gave you suuper powers and
                      > > > now your fighting for truth justice and the Lego way.
                      > > >
                      > > > You can stop me any time now.
                      > > >
                      > > > Cale
                      > > >

                      > > no please continue,,this is quite entertaining
                      > >

                      > You've turned to the dark side and will now use the force to bitch
                      > slap Jar Jar. Well maybee that's not so dark afterall.
                      >
                      > You won the Nigerien Lottery.
                      >
                      > You're the inventor of the Aquariass - Aquarium toilet
                      > http://www.elseware.to/products/aq.htm
                      >
                      > You learned new communication skills :)
                      > http://www.zefrank.com/punc/
                      >
                      > You took the blue pill.
                      >
                      > And yes I said Suuper powers. It's one step above normal super powers.
                      >
                      > Cale

                      You found a map to candy mountain.

                      http://www.filmcow.net/videofiles/charlietheunicorn.mov
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
                        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@...> wrote:

                        > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Krotzer" <wing_sas@> wrote:
                        > I'm still trying to finish up the
                        > > stairs and center platform for the train station. Does anyone have
                        > > brown stairs? I'm hoping I can find more in one of my unsorted boxes,
                        > > but right now I'm one flight short. Anyway, I've got it set at 18
                        > > bricks high right now, so we should have plenty of clearance for our
                        > > cars or any outside trains we happen to commandeer. I may post
                        > > requests for other parts I need as well, but hopefully I'll be able to
                        > > get by with what I've got.
                        > >

                        > This one http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30134
                        >
                        > I have one in brown and one in black. I can bring it along.
                        >
                        > Cale

                        That's the one. Still looking while trying to do twelve other things.
                        I've decided once again that the roofing crew will be working on the
                        train station. Money wasn't available at the right time for me to be
                        able to order enough roof slopes and get them before the show.
                      • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                          i've seduced the 'leader' of iltco and hosted him for a bbq last
                          night and then took him to the 4th fireworks at the art museum.

                          subliminal messaging and halucinogenics in the food reinforced with
                          the proper light burst flashes of the firework sequences have put
                          him in my control! (not to mention, i found him a replacement
                          charger for his cell phone) they will all make great puppets in our
                          world domination plan! they are putty in our hands:)

                          (key words are galidor, megabloc, bionicle, jackstone, no more 9v)

                          I then used him as cover and delivered him to the 'inner circle' of
                          jeramy and matt from indylug at the microtel, those staying there
                          might want to bring airfresheners as the hotel is 8 years old and i
                          think that is the last time it was disinfected :(

                          hey matt,
                          i've got some extra 45's and 30's, i'll bring whatever i have and
                          you're welcome to augment the roofing crew! i'm assuming you're
                          doing black?

                          -chris
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                            --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera" <legolover530@...> wrote:

                            > i've seduced the 'leader' of iltco and hosted him for a bbq last
                            > night and then took him to the 4th fireworks at the art museum.
                            >
                            > subliminal messaging and halucinogenics in the food reinforced with
                            > the proper light burst flashes of the firework sequences have put
                            > him in my control! (not to mention, i found him a replacement
                            > charger for his cell phone) they will all make great puppets in our
                            > world domination plan! they are putty in our hands:)
                            >
                            > (key words are galidor, megabloc, bionicle, jackstone, no more 9v)
                            >
                            > I then used him as cover and delivered him to the 'inner circle' of
                            > jeramy and matt from indylug at the microtel, those staying there
                            > might want to bring airfresheners as the hotel is 8 years old and i
                            > think that is the last time it was disinfected :(
                            >
                            > hey matt,
                            > i've got some extra 45's and 30's, i'll bring whatever i have and
                            > you're welcome to augment the roofing crew! i'm assuming you're
                            > doing black?
                            >
                            > -chris

                            Was planning to do red, but Black might look better. I probably have more available in
                            black too. If you have any double concave and double convexes as well, that'd be super.
                            (I'm not a great Lego roofer, so I may need some help. If need be, we can build it in the
                            hotel room Thursday night and take it in Friday morning.
                          • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                              i've got a good bit of red, with a good amoun of inside and outside
                              corners from picabrick:)

                              what are the dimensions or how much 'space' do the walls take up?
                              x'studs wide x'studs long? do you want a 1stud overhang? the more info
                              you can provide me the better, and i might be able to have it built
                              when you arrive!
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera" <legolover530@...> wrote:

                                > i've got a good bit of red, with a good amoun of inside and outside
                                > corners from picabrick:)
                                >
                                > what are the dimensions or how much 'space' do the walls take up?
                                > x'studs wide x'studs long? do you want a 1stud overhang? the more info
                                > you can provide me the better, and i might be able to have it built
                                > when you arrive!

                                When I get home, I'll give you dimensions. I'd like a 1-stud overhang. It's an odd shape
                                though, not a perfect square, so you've got your work cut out for you.
                              • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                                  well, as of 3:30, my modules were erected and all my mocs (except
                                  the boat rental) are in the exhibition hall. i have the shelf
                                  sitting on the floor where it will go, because there is noone on
                                  either side to connect it to at the time:(

                                  lots of people were trickling in, most of wamalug was there, did
                                  some socializing, but i have a vfw meeting tonight, so i had to
                                  split. i can get in there tomorrow 8am, so i'll unpack mocs, and do
                                  some more building.

                                  coincidentally, the dock is located right above some electrical
                                  access panel thingy with big wires sticking out, but steve was
                                  pretty clear about me not con conducting any chaos :( \

                                  once you arrive at the gate for the loading ramp which is located
                                  between 12th & 11th on vine which runs one way east, call steve on
                                  his cell phone and he'll come down and give you your badge and

                                  you can actually drive right into the exhibition space to unload and
                                  we're right next to the dock which is sweet!

                                  then you have to dump your brick and stash your vehicle before the
                                  center nazi have it impounded :O

                                  ***no POWER tools allowed due to union BS!!!! hand tools okay:)

                                  good luck and may god have mercy on your souls:)
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                                    <legolover530@...> wrote:

                                    > well, as of 3:30, my modules were erected and all my mocs (except
                                    > the boat rental) are in the exhibition hall. i have the shelf
                                    > sitting on the floor where it will go, because there is noone on
                                    > either side to connect it to at the time:(

                                    All good things come to those who wait.

                                    > lots of people were trickling in, most of wamalug was there, did
                                    > some socializing, but i have a vfw meeting tonight, so i had to
                                    > split. i can get in there tomorrow 8am, so i'll unpack mocs, and do
                                    > some more building.

                                    I hope to get there sometime around 9am.

                                    > coincidentally, the dock is located right above some electrical
                                    > access panel thingy with big wires sticking out, but steve was
                                    > pretty clear about me not con conducting any chaos :( \

                                    Please wait to demolish the convention center until after the show.

                                    > once you arrive at the gate for the loading ramp which is located
                                    > between 12th & 11th on vine which runs one way east, call steve on
                                    > his cell phone and he'll come down and give you your badge and
                                    >
                                    > you can actually drive right into the exhibition space to unload and
                                    > we're right next to the dock which is sweet!

                                    Excelent

                                    > then you have to dump your brick and stash your vehicle before the
                                    > center nazi have it impounded :O

                                    They will have to catch me first!

                                    > ***no POWER tools allowed due to union BS!!!! hand tools okay:)

                                    The unions shall not be spared from our rath.

                                    > good luck and may god have mercy on your souls:)

                                    Oh it's the other clubs who will be beging for mercy.

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                                      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@...> wrote:

                                      > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Forbes-Nicotera"
                                      > <legolover530@> wrote:
                                      > > lots of people were trickling in, most of wamalug was there, did
                                      > > some socializing, but i have a vfw meeting tonight, so i had to
                                      > > split. i can get in there tomorrow 8am, so i'll unpack mocs, and
                                      do
                                      > > some more building.
                                      > >

                                      > I hope to get there sometime around 9am.

                                      I'll try to be there between 1 and 1:30. See you guys tomorrow.
                                    • Cale Leiphart
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jul 5, 2006
                                            Some last minute details for tomorrow.

                                            Venue:
                                            Pennsylvania Convention Center
                                            1101 Arch Street
                                            Philadelphia, Pa 19107

                                            Phone: 215-418-4700 or 800-428-9000
                                            www.paconvention.com

                                            Hotel:

                                            Microtel Inn Suites Airport
                                            8840 Tinicum Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
                                            (215) 492-0700
                                            Group = ILTCO - Conf#: BARILE
                                            Room rate 79.99 + 14% /night
                                            Parking Free, Breakfast Free, Wireless Free

                                            Mass Transit:

                                            R1 train line ~20min

                                            Hotel: Eastwick Station (Bartram & 84th)

                                            Convention center: Market East Station (12th & Filber)

                                            When: July 5-9, 2006

                                            * Setup: July 5-7
                                            Wednesday, July 5, 12:00noon - 8:00pm
                                            Thursday, July 6, 8:00am - 8:00pm
                                            Friday, July 7, 8:00am -10:00am
                                            * Show: July 7-9
                                            Friday, July 7, 10:00am - 6:00pm (10 - 12, NMRA attendees only)
                                            Saturday, July 8, 10:00am - 6:00pm
                                            Sunday, July 9, 10:00am - 5:00pm
                                            * Tear Down: July 9
                                            Sunday, July 9, 5:00 pm - done

                                            Check list of various stuff

                                            Modules
                                            Module legs
                                            Module legs extensions (as needed)
                                            Module leg shims (as needed)
                                            Module Bolts or Fasteners
                                            Tools to assemble modules (make sure you have an alternative to power
                                            tools)
                                            Misc Tools (Tape measure/drill/drill bits/tape/knife/...)

                                            Skirting
                                            Skirting Fasteners (thumbtacks etc)

                                            Regulator(s)
                                            Regulator wall wart(s)
                                            Track wire connector(s)
                                            Extra LEGO wire
                                            Extension cord
                                            Power strip(s)
                                            Batteries (monorail etc...) (as needed)

                                            Track (+ switch and crosses) (preferably labeled)
                                            Switch track yellow knobs
                                            Base-plates / Road-plates to entirely cover modules
                                            Train MOCs (labeled if stock LEGO models)
                                            Vehicle MOCs
                                            City MOCs
                                            Extra Minifigs (there's never enough minifigs!)
                                            MOC Description cards

                                            LEGO Name Badge (fancy it up too with a train motif!)
                                            Club Shirt (shirt day 1)
                                            ILTCO Shirt (shirt day 2)
                                            AFOL (aka other) Event Shirt (shirt day 3)
                                            Fresh change of clothes for each day!!!

                                            Bottled water
                                            Goodies / Snacks
                                            Breath mints
                                            Beer money 8D

                                            Cell phone
                                            Cell phone charger
                                            Still Camera
                                            Video Camera
                                            Tripod
                                            Audio recorder (Pod cast...???)

                                            DON'T FORGET IT'S BEST TO LABEL EVERYTHING!!!!

                                            Definatly bring all the baseplates roadplates and track we have!!!

                                            The hotel

                                            http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bhayes/trains/shows/NMRA06/microtelair.jpg

                                            Our layout plan