now that the holidays are over!

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2005
      We've all been soo quiet, I guess you guys figured i might of died, i
      didn't, just overwhelmed with yet another year of "way too busy".

      I hope everyone is busy building all thier new sets that Santa brought.

      Anyone up to meet in January? It will probably be easier than December!

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
        <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

        > We've all been soo quiet, I guess you guys figured i might of died, i
        > didn't, just overwhelmed with yet another year of "way too busy".
        >
        > I hope everyone is busy building all thier new sets that Santa brought.
        >
        > Anyone up to meet in January? It will probably be easier than December!
        >
        > Mike

        Hello. Sorry about not posting for the longest time, but I've been
        having a "way too busy" year myself, what with college and what not.
        I'm still very much interested in Pennlug but might not be able to
        attend very many meetings in the future depending on how school goes,
        and I probably won't be able to contribute very much in the way of
        models since good models unfortunately require a nice chunk of time.
        I'll still be on winter break for the next week, so hopefully I can
        get something together. My problem is I have so many ideas floating
        around but don't know where to start. I tried my hand at a hospital
        but ran into the problem of not having enough pieces to finish it the
        way I wanted to...how frustrating. Oh well, just gotta figure out
        another way to make it.

        I also wanted to fill you in on a recent post I saw on Lugnet:
        http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=1727. ILTCO's going to be at the
        National Train Show in Philadelphia this summer, and since it's being
        held in PA, it'd be cool if Pennlug could add to the layout. Who
        knows, it might even be a great opportunity for recruiting! It says
        that last year there were over 13 clubs and 75 people involved in the
        display, and this year it sounds like they want to top that. They
        even want to see if they can get some international fans to add to the
        display. I know I definitely want to check it out, but I might not
        have much to add to a layout section if we were to put one together.
        However, I have some baseplates, trains, a monorail, tons of Lego
        people(I think around 300 last time I counted), and a wide assortment
        of animals that I'd be willing to add to such a layout. Don't let the
        train theme turn you off either. If you're a castle/space/pirate
        head, I'm sure you could still stick to your favorite theme and still
        be able to add to the layout. If I remember right, the previous
        display was the largest lego train layout ever put together. Let's
        help crush that record!!

        I really look forward to attending a meeting sometime with you guys.
        Until then, happy New Year and happy building!

        Matt
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
          <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

          > We've all been soo quiet, I guess you guys figured i might of died, i
          > didn't, just overwhelmed with yet another year of "way too busy".
          >
          > I hope everyone is busy building all thier new sets that Santa brought.
          >
          > Anyone up to meet in January? It will probably be easier than December!
          >
          > Mike

          I'm up for a meeting. Any Ideas on time.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006

            > Hello. Sorry about not posting for the longest time, but I've been
            > having a "way too busy" year myself, what with college and what
            not.
            > I'm still very much interested in Pennlug but might not be able to
            > attend very many meetings in the future depending on how school
            goes,
            > and I probably won't be able to contribute very much in the way of
            > models since good models unfortunately require a nice chunk of
            time.
            > I'll still be on winter break for the next week, so hopefully I can
            > get something together. My problem is I have so many ideas
            floating
            > around but don't know where to start. I tried my hand at a
            hospital
            > but ran into the problem of not having enough pieces to finish it
            the
            > way I wanted to...how frustrating. Oh well, just gotta figure out
            > another way to make it.
            >
            > I also wanted to fill you in on a recent post I saw on Lugnet:
            > http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=1727. ILTCO's going to be at the
            > National Train Show in Philadelphia this summer, and since it's
            being
            > held in PA, it'd be cool if Pennlug could add to the layout. Who
            > knows, it might even be a great opportunity for recruiting! It
            says
            > that last year there were over 13 clubs and 75 people involved in
            the
            > display, and this year it sounds like they want to top that. They
            > even want to see if they can get some international fans to add to
            the
            > display. I know I definitely want to check it out, but I might not
            > have much to add to a layout section if we were to put one
            together.
            > However, I have some baseplates, trains, a monorail, tons of Lego
            > people(I think around 300 last time I counted), and a wide
            assortment
            > of animals that I'd be willing to add to such a layout. Don't let
            the
            > train theme turn you off either. If you're a castle/space/pirate
            > head, I'm sure you could still stick to your favorite theme and
            still
            > be able to add to the layout. If I remember right, the previous
            > display was the largest lego train layout ever put together. Let's
            > help crush that record!!
            >
            > I really look forward to attending a meeting sometime with you
            guys.
            > Until then, happy New Year and happy building!
            >
            > Matt

            Matt,

            Don't worry about needing a "good" MOC of some sort. Not all good
            stuff is big. some of the coolest things I've seen are in the
            little details in a town layout for example. Take a look on
            brickshelf at all the vignettes being put out too.

            As far as meeting goes, still looking to put something together this
            month, waiting to see if anyone else responds.

            In regards to the NMRA display, We'll have to get in touch with them
            and see about joining in. Depending on how large an area we should
            be able to put something together collectively that rocks. We
            should take a look at what else is going to be a part of the show
            and work on something as a group that would help add to the display
            and give it something unique. I kinda groan when I see a display
            that has several clubs and there are 5 fire houses,,five police
            stations,,,three of this,,,,7 of that, and only one house.
            Evidentally all the minifigs live in the same house!

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
              <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

              > As far as meeting goes, still looking to put something together this
              > month, waiting to see if anyone else responds.
              >
              > In regards to the NMRA display, We'll have to get in touch with them
              > and see about joining in. Depending on how large an area we should
              > be able to put something together collectively that rocks. We
              > should take a look at what else is going to be a part of the show
              > and work on something as a group that would help add to the display
              > and give it something unique. I kinda groan when I see a display
              > that has several clubs and there are 5 fire houses,,five police
              > stations,,,three of this,,,,7 of that, and only one house.
              > Evidentally all the minifigs live in the same house!

              Oh But having two pizza shops, two gas stations and one farm house is
              perfectly fine.
              Nope No problem there. :)

              The NMRA display would be a realy cool event to get involved in. If
              can get a meeting together we could hash out some ideas.

              Speaking of trains. I almost forgot that I posted pics from
              DelVaLUG's train display in December.
              I'll give you three geusses which corner was built by me the
              landscaper. It was a blast helping out with the show. Hopefully we
              work together with DelVaLUG on future events.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5, 2006
                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@n...> wrote:

                > <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > As far as meeting goes, still looking to put something together
                this
                > > month, waiting to see if anyone else responds.
                > >
                > > In regards to the NMRA display, We'll have to get in touch with
                them
                > > and see about joining in. Depending on how large an area we
                should
                > > be able to put something together collectively that rocks. We
                > > should take a look at what else is going to be a part of the
                show
                > > and work on something as a group that would help add to the
                display
                > > and give it something unique. I kinda groan when I see a
                display
                > > that has several clubs and there are 5 fire houses,,five police
                > > stations,,,three of this,,,,7 of that, and only one house.
                > > Evidentally all the minifigs live in the same house!
                > >
                > Oh But having two pizza shops, two gas stations and one farm
                house is
                > perfectly fine.
                > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1496547
                > Nope No problem there. :)
                >
                > The NMRA display would be a realy cool event to get involved in.
                If
                > can get a meeting together we could hash out some ideas.
                >
                > Speaking of trains. I almost forgot that I posted pics from
                > DelVaLUG's train display in December.
                > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=158182
                > I'll give you three geusses which corner was built by me the
                > landscaper. It was a blast helping out with the show. Hopefully we
                > work together with DelVaLUG on future events.
                >
                > Cale

                Nice train setup there. I actually own 4 of those sets you've got
                there. Maybe we can make a "Super Metroliner/Santa Fe Super Chief
                train at a future meet. lol By the way, that gas station in the top
                righthand corner looks great!!

                I haven't seen too many of your MOCs yet but I'm pretty sure you did
                the little park area on the DelVaLUG layout. If you did, I
                really "dig" your landscaping skills. Yeah, I know that was a
                pretty crummy joke, but seriously, it rocks. :)

                Matt
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
                  > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@n...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "longhairedredneck220"
                  > > <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:
                  I kinda groan when I see a
                  > display
                  > > > that has several clubs and there are 5 fire houses,,five police
                  > > > stations,,,three of this,,,,7 of that, and only one house.
                  > > > Evidentally all the minifigs live in the same house!
                  > > >
                  > > Oh But having two pizza shops, two gas stations and one farm
                  > house is
                  > > perfectly fine.
                  > > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1496547
                  > > Nope No problem there. :)
                  > >
                  > > The NMRA display would be a realy cool event to get involved in.
                  > If
                  > > can get a meeting together we could hash out some ideas.
                  > >
                  > > Speaking of trains. I almost forgot that I posted pics from
                  > > DelVaLUG's train display in December.
                  > > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=158182
                  > > I'll give you three geusses which corner was built by me the
                  > > landscaper. It was a blast helping out with the show. Hopefully we
                  > > work together with DelVaLUG on future events.
                  > >
                  > > Cale
                  > >
                  > Nice train setup there. I actually own 4 of those sets you've got
                  > there. Maybe we can make a "Super Metroliner/Santa Fe Super Chief
                  > train at a future meet. lol By the way, that gas station in the top
                  > righthand corner looks great!!

                  That train display was from the PennLUG openhouse in November. Here is
                  the whole gallery.
                  The gas station was Mikes. And it is pretty cool.

                  > I haven't seen too many of your MOCs yet but I'm pretty sure you did
                  > the little park area on the DelVaLUG layout. If you did, I
                  > really "dig" your landscaping skills. Yeah, I know that was a
                  > pretty crummy joke, but seriously, it rocks. :)

                  Yep That would be me. I also did most of the castle layout at the
                  openhouse mentioned above.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 7, 2006
                    cale did all the cool stuff,,,,,,,,i did lame stuff,,lol. His forte is
                    in creating that stuff, especially the garden and castle stuff

                    Well we need to set a date to gather and plan our attack on the AFOL
                    world and world domination,,,,,,,,

                    I am free 21st of Jan and the 28th if anyone else is

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 7, 2006
                      <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

                      > Well we need to set a date to gather and plan our attack on the AFOL
                      > world and world domination,,,,,,,,

                      Viva La Revolution!!!

                      > I am free 21st of Jan and the 28th if anyone else is

                      Both dates would work for me. But the 28th would probly be better.

                      Cale
                    • wing_sas
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 20, 2006
                        <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

                        > We've all been soo quiet, I guess you guys figured i might of died, i
                        > didn't, just overwhelmed with yet another year of "way too busy".
                        >
                        > I hope everyone is busy building all thier new sets that Santa brought.
                        >
                        > Anyone up to meet in January? It will probably be easier than December!
                        >
                        > Mike

                        We're running out of January, but I'm up for a meeting. (Granted, I've been a member for
                        10 minutes, so that goes without saying.) I'm in the middle of sorting my parts (the old
                        sort-by-color method wasn't hacking it.) but I still have a MOC or two that I could bring
                        along. Most of my stuff is space themed, though I'll occasionally bust out some town or
                        train stuff.