Re: Next Meeting

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2005
      <longhairedredneck220@y...> wrote:

      > Hear ye Hear ye,
      >
      > We need to decide our next meeting. My December promises to be a lot
      > slower paced than expected so I am available for a December meeting if
      > anyone else is game. I've made a list myself of some issues we should
      > decide as a group and anyone else with any ideas should bring them as
      > well.
      >
      > So how about a meeting the Dec 24th? anyone else busy? (just kidding)
      >
      > I'm pretty much available any other Sat/Sun. We should probably plan
      > on setting aside a good block of time to address everything and maybe
      > we could do a parts draw or something.
      >
      > Mike

      December 10, 11, 14, and the 18th are no good for me. Anything else
      I'm free for. If were looking for time then we should probably shoot
      for a weekend, witch means either this weekend or the 17th. I say we
      do it Saturdy the 17th. But I'm flexible on this if any other date
      would work better for someone.

      Cale
    • Joe Fulton
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 28, 2005
        Re: [Pennlug] Next Meeting Pennsylvania is a big state. Where do you guys have these meetings?

        On 11/27/05 11:18 AM, "longhairedredneck220" <longhairedredneck220@...> wrote:

        Hear ye Hear ye,

        We need to decide our next meeting.  My December promises to be a lot
        slower paced than expected so I am available for a December meeting if
        anyone else is game.  I've made a list myself of some issues we should
        decide as a group and anyone else with any ideas should bring them as
        well.

        So how about a meeting the Dec 24th?  anyone else busy?  (just kidding)

        I'm pretty much available any other Sat/Sun.  We should probably plan
        on setting aside a good block of time to address everything and maybe
        we could do a parts draw or something.

        Mike

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Joe Fulton
        Feature Writer

        Millionaireplayboy.com
        28 Thayer Street
        Washington, PA 15301

        724.263.3906

        http://www.millionaireplayboy.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 29, 2005
          --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, Joe Fulton <ldp@m...> wrote:

          > Pennsylvania is a big state. Where do you guys have these meetings?

          These "meetings" are rather few since we just started. We don't have
          a central place to have meetings, although my church has made metnion
          it miay be ok to have them there. But since we are all for the most
          part in the south central end of PA they have been in lancaster or York

          Mike
        • wing_sas
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
            I'm going to talk to my boss and see if there's any possibility of us
            getting use of a conference room in our building once a month.
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2006
              Several quick thoughts:

              First, when are we having the meeting, and are we having it at Mike's again?

              Secondly, I think we should plan on doing some table construction at the next meeting. I
              don't want us to be trying to get them done half-assed at the last minute. Can we get a
              breakdown of the lumber we'll need for each table? Also, are we going with the bolt-
              together tables or the spring-clips? I think the clips would be a ton easier and faster to
              setup and take down, and give us more time for fun things (like drinking) while the other
              clubs are still trying to put their tables up.
              Message 6 of 11 , May 1, 2006
                --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Krotzer" <wing_sas@...> wrote:

                > Several quick thoughts:
                >
                > First, when are we having the meeting, and are we having it at
                Mike's again?

                I beleive the 20th is the third Saturday which works for me. As for
                location I may have one option.

                > Secondly, I think we should plan on doing some table construction at
                the next meeting. I
                > don't want us to be trying to get them done half-assed at the last
                minute.

                Yes the time has come to build our war machine. Oops I mean some
                tables. Is anyone up for some capentry on the 20th. I might be able
                to convince River Valley to let me use the shop for that day. We have
                a nice large building that would work well. We wouldn't have to
                worry about weather and it has a concrete floor, plenty of space to
                spread out and ample power outlets.

                Can we get a
                > breakdown of the lumber we'll need for each table?

                I can work on that. I can also pick the stuff up if need be.

                Also, are we going with the bolt-
                > together tables or the spring-clips? I think the clips would be a
                ton easier and faster to
                > setup and take down, and give us more time for fun things (like
                drinking) while the other
                > clubs are still trying to put their tables up.

                Folding legs would be quicker to set up but could cost more and would
                be harder to fab up. We also need to worry about being at the
                standard 30" table top hight.

                The bolt together wooden legs would probably be cheaper and easier to
                build. They're also not that hard to set up. Wing nuts and a cordless
                drill makes short work of them.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 9, 2006
                  So what are we doing for our next meeting?

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 10, 2006
                    --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@...> wrote:

                    > So what are we doing for our next meeting?

                    Dunno man. On the 20th, I've got a wedding, so I don't think I'll be
                    attending.
                  • Chris Forbes-Nicotera
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 10, 2006
                      i'm fine for the 20th or even the 13th if we want to move it up. we're
                      having a house party the 28th so the 27th will be a big clean/prep day
                      that jenn would rather have my assistance with. whatever works for
                      the group.

                      we'll need the equivalant of 18 30x30 tables. i have 3 done so far.
                      one 4x8 sheet of 3/8" ply and 10 8'1x2"s gets us a 30 and 60 module.
                      with cost around 35.00 plus screws and bolts. i still need to get
                      bolts:(

                      so in total we need 5 more sheets of ply and about 50 8'1x2, cost
                      175.00 plus hardware.

                      to avoid 'communal property' grief, we could each foot the bill for
                      3tables (matt, matt, mike, cale, steve) my table are already paid for
                      and built. they could remain our personal property, donated for group
                      events, and the perfect lego tables for household displays, that is
                      once i can get my back bedroom done and get it out of my living room:)

                      so do we want to meet and build? do individuals have the
                      skills/resources to succeed independantly? if your lumber yard has one
                      of those panel saws, they could rip the sheets to 30-1/4, just make
                      sure to check accuracy, as my homedepot saw was off 3/16!

                      time is winding down and it would be nice to do a dry run before the
                      5th of july but not mandatory.

                      any thoughts my closet train fan brotheren?

                      --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Krotzer" <wing_sas@...> wrote:

                      > --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale Leiphart" <epaec@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > So what are we doing for our next meeting?
                      >
                      > Dunno man. On the 20th, I've got a wedding, so I don't think I'll be
                      > attending.

                    • steven merkert
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 10, 2006
                        have no problem with the tables just give me exact meserments