Fwd: Peninsula Rugmaker's Guild

  • Wendy Brannan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2007
      Wendy Brannan <wbran438@...> wrote:
      Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Wendy Brannan <wbran438@...>
      Subject: Peninsula Rugmaker's Guild
      To: Wendy Brannan <wbran438@...>

      Dear Members,

      Our next get together is Thursday June 21St,  no business meeting, just hooking or what ever you wish to do!  We have the room from 10 AM to 3 Pm.

       Refreshments: Julie Lundquist, call Julie if you want to help 408-448-7602

      The American Folk Art Museum in New York will be exhibiting hooked rugs for the first time! Check out www.folkartmuseum.org . Don't miss the write up links to news articles.

      The guild has voted on buying an Art Projector that we used to enlarge our photos for the face work shop. Susan and I will be deciding on which one to purchase. If you have an interest check out these two sites and let us know what one you like. This will be an item that we will bring to each guild meeting to use and may be checked out like our books.

      The Projector is Pat's model it is $82.00

      look at the Tracer 225-360  this is 89.00

      Needle update - I have shared with you the special needle that I use for whipping my edges with. It is called Chibi Needle or Jumbo Tapestry Needle Bent Point. Beverly Fabrics is now stocking these in two combos

      Clover # 340 Jumbo Darning needle set Chibi, with Case , $5.95 (you will not loose )
      Clover # 219 Jumbo Tapestry needles, bent point two for $2.95

       These are in the knitting needle area. If any one would like me to pick up some just give me a call. I am using mine for the first time whipping my rabbit rug and they really are wonderful!

      Going to Rug Camp at Presentation? Full payment of fees are due Aug 5Th. Please make checks out to Peninsula Guild Rug School, mail to Betty Montang, 3435 Shady Spring Ln , Mountain View Ca 94040.  Please call Betty if you have any special needs or requests 650-968-7932. If you need Jane Olson to do any work for you please contact her ASAP, 310-643-5902, www.janeolsonrugstudio.com

      Pot :  A round fairly deep vessel of metal, earthen-wear, or glass, generally having a handle, used for cooking and other domestic purposes.

      Hope to see you at Guild,
      Wendy Brannan

    • Wendy Brannan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2007
        Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:19:12 -0700 (PDT)
        From: Wendy Brannan <wbran438@...>
        To: Wendy Brannan <wbran438@...>

        Dear Members,

        Just a reminder, the next Guild Meeting is Thursday Aug. 16Th
        Program : Hook - In  ( No business Meeting)
        Refreshments: Marge Garcia, Betty Montang

        Presentation Center Rug Camp is Sept 16 - 21. We do not have a meeting in Sept Due to Rug Camp. We invite non campers and guest to join us for our Rug Show and Lunch at Presentation Center Thursday Sept 20Th. Reservation and payment for lunch $11, must be made in advance with our camp director Betty Montang, 650-968-7932. We are ready for guest by 11AM with lunch served at 12 PM.

        I will miss you at guild because both of my kids are having four teeth each pulled that day!

        I confess I have not been hooking and my Pot Challenge piece still is not started. I will have this done by January and urge the rest of you to get hooking!

        Wendy Brannan

      • Wendy Brannan
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2007
          Dear Members,

          Our next meeting is Thursday Nov 15, that's this week! Have you Dyed and Potted yet? I started my guild challenged piece last week!

          Program : Dyed Fabric Swap - Please bring 1/4 yard increments of wool to swap. Please label each wool piece with the recipe if possible. You may bring undyed wool, hookers love plaids and checks. Please wait till the swap to display your goods!
          Refreshments : Lena Krinard , Jeanine Speckman, Pat McRoberts

          Reminder : Annual $ 10 Dues need to be paid in Nov or Dec - Mail to Bobby Alvarez, 16281 Greenwood Lane, Monte Sereno Ca 95030, 408-354-1570. Please note any address or email changes on checks. The Guild printed directory will be handed out in January. Money is not to change hands in the Library please.

          Attached to this email is the menu for the Christmas Luncheon. Please make check payable to Diana Garrett, with entree food choice written on check. Call Diane with any questions 650-941-1172, dianag@...

          Have a special Rug Making Talent you would like to share with the guild? Need a technique or instruction demonstrated at our meetings ? I will be passing around a Program sign up sheet and our yearly Refreshment sheet at this meeting. Consider sharing your expertise with us. Non Rug Making interests are also welcomed.

          Suggestions for Rug Camp Instructors for Sept 2009 will be discussed. Bring your names and contact info of teachers you are interested in having. Write ups or photos of their work may be helpful with group discussion and selection. Our Camp director Jayne Kind will handle all contact with teachers, any info you can bring will be helpful.

          Wool orders need to be placed ASAP. We will be ordering Natural, Glen Plaid, Hounds Tooth Tan / Nat and Hounds Tooth Grey / Nat - if quantities allow. Contact Wendy wbran438@..., 831-438-6628  or Susan Kleidon skleidon@...  925-371-6035. I will be placing the order this Thursday evening!

          Happy Hooking
          Wendy Brannan