Peninsula Rugmaker's Guild
- Dear Members,Just a reminder, those wishing to renew / join The McGown Guild ( McGown does send out a newsletter to members ) Dues need to be paid ASAP. The cost has increased to $25 a year, and need to be mailed ASAP to guild member Aldiva Buran, 1288 Avis DR. San Jose Ca. 95126-4070, phone 408-293-2294. Aldiva in turn will forward the due to McGown. She needs your check by May 25Th. If you mail your check later than Wed May 23rd please call her. McGown no longer sends out reminder notices for renewal to members.The name of the two books by Amy Oxford I brought to guild are,Hooked Rugs Today, 2006, Strong women, Flowers, Animals - ISBN # 0-7643-2578-7Hooked Rugs Today, 2006, Holidays , Geometrics, people - ISBN 978-0-7643-2636-3Below is the link to amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0764325787/ref=s9_asin_title_1/002-9745334-4344810?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1FCW9G93N8XZ45EMBC5N&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=288448401&pf_rd_i=507846Next Guild meeting / Hook - In is June 21St - No business meeting just hooking!Refreshments - Julie Lundquist , and ?? Call Julie if you can help 40-448-7602Want to spend a day Rug Hooking and talking to people who are interested in what you are doing? Marge Garcia needs you help on Sunday June 10Th, 10 - 4 Pm , demonstrating Rug hooking at the American Country and Folk Art Show at the Hillview Community Center, 97, Hillview Ave Los altos Ca. This event has been listed in the past in country Living Magazine. Admission is free if you are demonstrating! Call Marge 510-656-5378Don't forget to fill you pot with ? Guild Rug Challenge Due Jan 2008, Pots are posted on the guild Yahoo site.See you in June and I will send out a reminder the week ahead!Wendy Brannan
- Dear Members,Sorry, I made a mistake on the Gagne link ( The Projector ) try thisWendy
- Dear Members,Our next meeting is this Thursday July 19Th.Program: Hook in - no businessRefreshments : no one signed up?Campers : Have you paid in full? Please send in your balance by Aug 1st to Camp Director Betty Montang, 3435 shady Lane , Mountain View Ca 94040 , 650-968-7932. Dbl $535 ( - $100 deposit ) = bal $435, Single $610 ( - deposit $100 ) = bal $510.Rug Show / Visitors lunch Thur. Sept 20Th, cost is $11 per person. To reserve a spot for lunch please send Betty a check made out to "Presentation Center". Payment must be received by Sept. 7Th. Presentation Center plans their meals, food purchases, and seating capacity in advance. We have an earlier reservation date for this lunch due to the increase use of the facility. Bring a friend and come see what we have been up to!FYI - Rug Work Shop by Jon Ciemiewicz www.anajon-rughooking.comDate : Nov 7- 8 2007, 9:30 -4:00The studio of Marita Friedman255 forth street, Studio 304 Oakland Ca 94607(925)-980-9463 cost $125, deposit $50 , class Min 6 / Max 12How is your "pot"? Everything is growing at my house, the weeds, kids, laundry pile.... I will be starting my "Pot" after camp in Sept. Don't delay start yours today!Hope to see you Thursday,Wendy
- Dear Members,Our next meeting is tomorrow, Thursday Oct 18Th.Program: Rug Camp show and Tell , bring rugs you have finished over the Summer to share!Refreshments: Pot Luck- Bring a dish to share along with your own drink, plate, and utensils.I will bring a table cloth and napkins.Our Christmas Luncheon hosted by Diana Garrett will take place on Thursday Dec.13. Attached to this email is the menu. Fliers will be handed out at the next two meetings. Checks are to be made out to Diana Garrett, please note entree chose on check.This is a lovely event that Diana hosts for us at her club quite some time now. All RSVP and Question please cal Diane at 650-941-1172 or dianag@...New and returning guest please keep a copy of the directions in a safe place, I recommend your glove compartment! This is a challenging location to find even with map quest and GPS, we don't want you to miss the fun! PS I hear there was quite a commotion over Pat Merikallio's wool wrapping last year!HOOK IN - Swap - Sale, Saturday Oct 27Th hosted by Sharlene Washington1079 West Parr Ave , Campbell Ca 95008. Please RSVP so Sharlene know how many to expect sharlene-w@... 408-379-1325. Please bring your own lunch and a treat to share if you wish.I have copies of the two booklets that Jane Olson said we may copy from camp. Book # 1 is How to Hook Scrolls, cost is $1.50, Book #2 is Spots over Spots dye recipes, cost is $3.00, these fees cover the cost of the copies. You may see me personally out side of the Library if you would like one. May of us admired some of the spot wool that Jane had for sale and these are the recipes.Please be prepared to discuss at our meeting the following:1) How we should do our dyed fabric swap at the Nov. meeting?2) Teachers for rug Camp 2009, yes I know it is early but teachers are booking early!3) Educational weekend work shop teachers, who, where, when?4)Community Hooking Demos, volunteers?Hope to see you tomorrow!Wendy Brannan
- Dear Members,I would like to welcome two new members to our guild.Mellissa Kelly Kathleen Gay463 White Chapel 3648 Norfolk RdSan Jose Ca 95136 Freemont Ca 94538408-979-8895 510-579-0273I am sure they both would be interested in viewing hooking catalogs and to hear your recommendations on equipment, and supplies. Kathleen is in need of backing if any one has some?I will be contacting Betty Taylor and will put together info for a group order of wool and backing. If you have any other ideas of other group needs please email me.Christmas Lunch Thursday Dec 13TH - Ornament exchange - If you want to participate please bring a wrapped ornament under ten dollars to the luncheon. It can be home made or purchased.Happy HookingWendy Brannan
- Happy New Years Members,Guild is this Thursday Jan 17ThProgram: Hooking Challenge- "Pot" Show and TellBring your Pots to share along with your idea's for the 2009 challenge.Pictures or drawings are great visuals to speed the decision process along for the2009 designRefreshments: Wendy Brannan and Ardis DeaneI will be asking members at our meeting to update the Guild Camp Contract and Teacher fees. Recent information has revealed that we are currently very out of date!Do you have an interest in a group backing order for unbleached Linen? I will have a sample at Guild.Are you a member? 2008 Directories will be handed out at the meeting. Have a friend pick yours up if you can not make it.The Guild enlargement projector is here! We now have that funny machine that we used to enlarge our photos for the face workshop. The projector will be brought to meetings for members to use. Please bring your own paper, tape and pencils for tracing.Are you a long time guild member? I will be calling on a group of three to four senior members to serve on the nomination committee. Its easy and takes little time.I hope to send you web links that might be of interest to members. In no way is this an endorsement of the business and their goods. I came across this in searching for something else, hope you enjoy http://www.spruceridgestudios.com/Hope to see you all on Thursday, remember guests are always welcome!Wendy Brannan
- Hello Wendy and Everyone,I hope see you all this Thursday!I've added Wendy's "Spruce Ridge Studios" link to our link file on the group main page. (click on the link below)You can check out other links in the file by clicking on the word "links" in the blue box to the left of the page.Check out the "Photo" file and please upload pictures of your latest accomplishments. I'll bring my camera to the meeting if you have any rugs you'd like me to take pictures of and add to the file for you.Happy Hooking,Elaine
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
- Thanks Elaine! See you Thursday
--- Elaine <keg_52@...> wrote:
> Hello Wendy and Everyone,http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peninsula_RugmakersGuild/
> I hope see you all this Thursday!
> I've added Wendy's "Spruce Ridge Studios" link to
> our link file on the group main page. (click on the
> link below)
> You can check out other links in the file by
> clicking on the word "links" in the blue box to the
> left of the page.
> Check out the "Photo" file and please upload
> pictures of your latest accomplishments. I'll bring
> my camera to the meeting if you have any rugs you'd
> like me to take pictures of and add to the file for
> Happy Hooking,
> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.