Re: [Peninsula_RugmakersGuild] LATEST HOOKED PIECE [1 Attachment]

  • Wendy Brannan
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 21, 2011
      Wow, Roland!

      Miss seeing you at Guild!

      I am only hooking pieces for my McGown teachers certificate these days. Its hard to stay motivated when you don't love what you are hooking. I am almost done with a small sun flower piece, have a 12 X14 piece with six fishes, then a unknown assigned piece to teach and I am done! Won't get the teaching piece till next June and hope to get my certificate June 2013. Sue Kleidon and I started the program together and Sharleen started this year. Sharleen is a real natural and will do well. I wish we all lived closer together. Our Santa Cruz hooking group is going strong with at least seven every Wed. 10 - 1 Pm. I learn so much from watching what others are doing.

      Had a great camping trip to Wrights Lake again this year. Reservations were canceled till July 24, three days prior to arrival, due to snow! The mosquito's were awful but it was a treat watching everything bloom the two weeks we were there. The upper lakes of Twin, Boomerang and Island all had snow around them, the upper two lakes had ice bergs! The fishing and swimming was great at Twin, but the cold water kept us out of the water at the upper lakes. We had a family trip / reservation at White Wolf in Yosemite July 7 - 11 that was canceled due to snow that was over head in some areas. MY Mom was so disappointed because its so hard to get a reservation in the high country camps.

      Our son Grady is in his Jr year at San Francisco State. He has three more years till he finishes due to budget class cuts and the distraction of being 20 and living in San Francisco. Jamie is a senior and is in the mist of all her college applications. She is applying to 12 schools, # 1 is Berkeley but with the state of the budget in California and the fact that even with a 4.5 Grade Point average there is no guarantee she will get in to the schools she would like to go to. There is an abundance of bright, white females with high GPA's.

      Hope all is well, keep sending photos,

      Wendy
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 25, 2016
        Roland, just beautiful. So life like. You are a master. Barbara Paulsen

        To: peninsula_rugmakersguild@yahoogroups.com; LOVES2SPIN@...
        From: Peninsula_RugmakersGuild@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 17:42:07 +0000

        [Attachment(s) from Roland Nunn included below]
        Attached.  Called:  "FAWN" (37inx26in) 8-16.  rolandcnunn@...