LATEST HOOKED PIECE

  • Roland Nunn
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 21, 2011
    ATTACHED.  CALLED "ELDER FUN AT 81" (21" x 28") 10/11.  SELF PORTRAIT.  AIRCHAIR SKIING WITH SON AND FAMILY ON NEW MALONES LAKE NEAR ANGEL'S CAMP, CA.

    AN AIRCHAIR COMBINES THE ATTRIBUTES OF A WATER SKI AND A HYDROPLANE.
  • David Stein
    Message 2 of 30 , Oct 21, 2011
      Beautiful hooking, as usual.  Are you SURE you're 81??!!  Awfully hard to believe!  Armchair skiing--- maybe something I could try.  I never could get up on regular waterskis.
      It was great to see you at camp.
      Take care.
      Karen Stein

      Message 3 of 30 , Oct 21, 2011
        Wow, Roland!

        Miss seeing you at Guild!

        I am only hooking pieces for my McGown teachers certificate these days. Its hard to stay motivated when you don't love what you are hooking. I am almost done with a small sun flower piece, have a 12 X14 piece with six fishes, then a unknown assigned piece to teach and I am done! Won't get the teaching piece till next June and hope to get my certificate June 2013. Sue Kleidon and I started the program together and Sharleen started this year. Sharleen is a real natural and will do well. I wish we all lived closer together. Our Santa Cruz hooking group is going strong with at least seven every Wed. 10 - 1 Pm. I learn so much from watching what others are doing.

        Had a great camping trip to Wrights Lake again this year. Reservations were canceled till July 24, three days prior to arrival, due to snow! The mosquito's were awful but it was a treat watching everything bloom the two weeks we were there. The upper lakes of Twin, Boomerang and Island all had snow around them, the upper two lakes had ice bergs! The fishing and swimming was great at Twin, but the cold water kept us out of the water at the upper lakes. We had a family trip / reservation at White Wolf in Yosemite July 7 - 11 that was canceled due to snow that was over head in some areas. MY Mom was so disappointed because its so hard to get a reservation in the high country camps.

        Our son Grady is in his Jr year at San Francisco State. He has three more years till he finishes due to budget class cuts and the distraction of being 20 and living in San Francisco. Jamie is a senior and is in the mist of all her college applications. She is applying to 12 schools, # 1 is Berkeley but with the state of the budget in California and the fact that even with a 4.5 Grade Point average there is no guarantee she will get in to the schools she would like to go to. There is an abundance of bright, white females with high GPA's.

        Hope all is well, keep sending photos,

        Wendy
        ATTACHED.  CALLED "ELDER FUN AT 81" (21" x 28") 10/11.  SELF PORTRAIT.  AIRCHAIR SKIING WITH SON AND FAMILY ON NEW MALONES LAKE NEAR ANGEL'S CAMP, CA.

        AN AIRCHAIR COMBINES THE ATTRIBUTES OF A WATER SKI AND A HYDROPLANE.
      • Wendy Brannan
        Message 4 of 30 , Oct 21, 2011
          Sorry guys, did not know this was going to the group!
          Wendy

          Message 5 of 30 , Oct 21, 2011

            Many thanks for the update.

            Message 6 of 30 , Mar 15, 2012
            • 1 Attachment
            • 6.3 MB
            Hi Everybody,

            Photo attached.  I call it "KELP FOREST" 3-12 (36in x36in).  Hope to make it to the April meeting.

            Regards, Roland.
          • Barbara j Hager
            Message 7 of 30 , Mar 15, 2012
              Dear Roland,
              You are missed. Beautiful your latest art. Hope to see it at the April meeting. Regards, Barbara Hager-Paulsen
              Message 8 of 30 , May 16, 2012
              Attached.  Aaron's Demo (27in x 31in) 5/12.  Having achieved "black belt" status" in Tae Kwon Do, Aaron breaks a board, being held by his instructor, with a flying kick.  Requested by our neighbor, Irene, Aaron's mother.
            • jaynie kind
              Message 9 of 30 , May 16, 2012
                Wow, that's amazing, Roland.  I can see the action in the jump and breaking board.  Congratulations on a beautiful work!   -Jaynie
              • Barbara j Hager
                Message 10 of 30 , May 16, 2012
                  Dear Roland,
                  You are just amazing how life like you make your rugs. It could be a painting. We miss you on a regular basis. Barbara Hager-Paulsen

                  Message 11 of 30 , Aug 15, 2012
                  Attached.  Called: "YELLOWSTONE" (33in x 33in) 8-12.

                  Regards, Roland.
                • Barbara j Hager
                  Message 12 of 30 , Aug 15, 2012
                    Roland, Just beautiful. Such detail. Barbara Hager-Paulsen

                    Message 13 of 30 , Aug 16, 2012
                      Thats a lovely rug you've done Roland.  I especially liked how you did the gradations in the rock.  And the buffalo look so realistic, wow!   -Jaynie

                      Message 14 of 30 , Oct 24, 2012
                      Attached.  Called:  "QUAIL CORNER" (20inx26in) 10-12.
                    • Barbara j Hager
                      Message 15 of 30 , Oct 24, 2012
                        Wow! Noland. The cactus looks wonderful. You are amazing. Thanks for sharing. Barbara Hager-Paulsen.
                        Message 16 of 30 , Mar 22, 2013
                        Attached.  Called: "YESTERYEAR" (24inx35in) 3-13.  Small town U.S.A., circa 1940's.  Based on the artwork of George kovach (with permission).
                      • Jaynie Kind
                        Message 17 of 30 , Mar 22, 2013
                          Wow! Nice work, Roland! It looks lovely!

                          Jaynie
                        • elaine
                          Message 18 of 30 , Mar 22, 2013
                            amazing work, Roland!!

                            Sent from my iPhone
                          • Barbara j Hager
                            Message 19 of 30 , Mar 22, 2013
                              Beautiful, Roland. Like a picture postcard. Thanks for sharing. Barbara Hager-Paulsen
                              Message 20 of 30 , Aug 26, 2013
                              CALLED "THORNBIRDS" (33INX39IN).  ATTACHED.  ROLAND.
                            • Roland Nunn
                              Message 21 of 30 , Apr 11, 2014
                              Attached.  Called "Buzios (39inx28in) 3/14".   A fishing village near Sao Paulo, Brazil.  A favorite spot of my nephew, Edward, who requested this piece.

                              Roland
                            • Betty Montang
                              Message 22 of 30 , Apr 11, 2014
                                How wonderful, Roland.

                                Betty

                                Message 23 of 30 , Apr 15, 2014
                                  Roland,
                                  Beautiful Roland. I'm in Lousiana and the cypress trees and moss would make a beautiful rug too. Another
                                  world here from California. Happy Easter. Barbara Hager-Paulsen

                                  To: Peninsula_RugmakersGuild@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: rolandnunn@...
                                  Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:55:13 -0700

                                  [Attachment(s) from Roland Nunn included below]