the basic.....

  • Arez
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2003
      the basic of non violence (David McReynolds)

      The person using nonviolence will seek to be absolutely open, honest and truthful.

      The person using nonviolence will seek to overcome fear, so as to act not out of weakness, but from strength.

      The person using nonviolence will never defame the character of the opponent, but always seek to find what the Quakers call "that of God" in those with whom we struggle.

      We shall do our best to love those with whom we are in conflict.

      All of these are much easier to say than to do. How can one love the employer who orders goons to beat up strikers? Or a govern- ment such as ours which murders people in distant lands?

      How can we act without fear when we are terrified?

      How can we be honest when admitting an error may make us look foolish?

      Do you Yahoo!?