Vacancy: UN Volunteers
- JOB DESCRIPTIONRegards,
Post title: National Project Coordinator (National UN Volunteers)
Duration: 4 months with possible extension
Date required: 1st September 2011
Duty station: Ambon, Maluku Province, Indonesia
Counterpart: Maluku Provincial Government (MPG)
The National Project Coordinator (NPC) will work under the overall direction and supervision of the UNIDO Technical Backstopping Officer and in close cooperation with the MPG. The NPC will be oversee project implementation; he will be stationed in the Maluku Technology Center (MTC), and function as the head of the Project Management Unit and as coordinator with ILO in this cooperation project. He will be assisted by a long-term international Technical Project Advisor and a Senior Technical Advisor.
The selected candidate will be an Indonesian national meeting the following criteria:
- University degree, preferably in food technology, rural development or another relevant discipline;
- Minimum age 30-45 years with at least 5 years of practical experience in projects management or civil service;
- Experience on project implementation with NGOs or other donor funded initiatives,
- Experience in working within UN-system, preferably knowledgeable on UNIDO administrative routines
- Good knowledge of project management activities and coordination, including project monitoring and evaluation; understanding of conflict management.
- Self-starter, meticulous and well organized at work; service oriented approach, independence and sound judgment;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks; good analytical and report writing skills;
- Good communication, public relations and interpersonal skills; Good command of MS Office applications;
- Fluent in English language (writing and oral).
Conditions of Service
A 4-months contract which is extendable depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds; monthly volunteer living allowance (VLA) intended to cover housing, basic needs and utilities, equivalent to IDR 4,000,000; settling-in-grant (if applicable); life, health, and permanent disability insurance; return airfares (if applicable); resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
Please send your latest CV to unv.indonesia@... by 15th August 2011.
Muhammad FikriUN Volunteers