US-INDONESIA PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM FOR STUDY ABROAD CAPACITY (UGM only)
- Universitas Gadjah Mada, University of Michigan and Lehigh University now open an opportunity for UGM students to join a study trip and intercultural learning program: “Religious Plurality, Democracy, and Multiculturalism”. This program will be held during summer, June 2011. Students from University of Michigan and Lehigh University will come to Yogyakarta and meet 4 UGM students. The students will spend one week in Java exploring religious pluralism, multiculturalism, and democracy, and then as a group, will return to the US to explore those same issues in an American context. UGM will select four (4) students as participants. The aim of this program is to provide an intercultural experience and to enrich students’ knowledge about plurality, democracy and multiculturalism.
- Program Fee waived
- Scholarship will not cover the visa application fee
- Round trip ticket Indonesia- USA
- Undergraduate UGM students, preferably in the third year of study.
- Min.GPA 3,5
- Good English proficiency both verbal and written (score min TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6.5)
- Having deep interest in multiculturalism, interfaith and democracy issues.
- Curriculum Vitae Europass format
- Copy TOEFL or IELTS certificate
- Official academic transcript
- One letter of recommendation from lecturer,
- Introductory letter from the Dean or Head of Department
- Study plan for the program (500-750 words)
- Copy of passport (if available)
- A brief essay of motivation for participation emphasizing on multiculturalism, interfaith and democracy issues (around 2000 words)
Documents Submission:Submit two (2) copies of your application documents to Office of International Affairs Universitas Gadjah Mada no later than May 9, 2011 @10.00 a.m. with attention to: Heru Prama YudaFurther information: Send your inquiries to heru.yuda@...---------------------------------Sincerely,Retno WidyastutiMobile : +62856 9378 1186Program Officer Indonesia Mengajar