The British Chevening Awards 2011/2012 (28 Feb'11)
- The British Chevening Awards 2011/2012
As in previous years we are likely to offer full scholarships for one year Master degrees at United Kingdom and other professional institutions. The scholarships would cover living costs, and .
Candidates should be aware that Chevening 2011/2012 is likely to be more closely aligned with delivery of the FCO`s priorities. More information about these is available here.
The Chevening scheme is highly competitive, with only the best applicants invited for interview. We particularly encourage applications from individuals based in eastern Indonesia.
Candidates will need to meet the following basic requirements:
- Indonesian or East Timor citizens.
- Excellent first degree with a minimum GPA >=3.0.
- Good level of spoken and written English language (IELTS 6.5).
- Minimum of 2 years full time post-graduate (S1) work experience.
- Clear commitment to long-term career development.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership potential and the capacity to play an important role in Indonesia or East Timor`s future development.
- We regret that we are unable to accept applications for MBAs.
- Previous recipients of a Chevening award are not eligible to apply.
- Employees, employee`s relatives (or former employees who have left within the last two years) of the FCO, including FCO posts, the British Council or any Chevening sponsors are not be eligible for these awards.
All candidates are encouraged to start researching appropriate postgraduate courses at UK institutions and making applications directly to them as appropriate.
What is Chevening?
The Chevening programme, has, over 26 years, provided more than 30,000 Scholarships at Higher (HEIs) in the UK for postgraduate students or researchers from countries across the world.
Many talented graduates and young professional Indonesians have been supported by the Chevening Programme, which has seen over 1,000 Scholarships awarded to Indonesians since the scheme began in 1984.
Largely funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), the Scholarship scheme also receives significant contributions from HEIs and other organisations in the UK, and from a wide range of overseas sponsors including governmental and private sector bodies, with which the FCO or its overseas Posts have partnership .
The programme is managed by us, on behalf of the FCO, both in the UK and overseas.
Chevening scholarships 2011/12 and beyond
The deadline for applications for 2011/12 Chevening Scholarships in Indonesia and East Timor is 28 February 2011.Applications 2011/2012 Chevening scholarships should be made via this website. https://www.chevening.fco.gov.uk/CheveningApplications/CA_Start.aspx===============================Sincerely,Retno WidyastutiMobile : +6281 2278 3543Jaringan dan Kemitraan MITI MahasiswaProgram Officer Indonesia Mengajar