SEAMEO – Australia Press Award 2010

  • Retno Widyastuti
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2010

      Call for Entries for the 2010 SEAMEO – Australia Press Award

      http://oia.ugm.ac.id/interface/?p=509

      The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) announces the 2010 SEAMEO-Australia Press Award Contest under the theme “Innovation in Education”.

      We are pleased to announce the Call for Entries for the 2010 SEAMEO-Australia Press Award to professional journalists, student journalists, and education communicators of Member Countries of Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) with this year’s theme “Innovation in Education”. The SEAMEO-Australia Press Award is a strategy to recognize exemplary media coverage of education by Southeast Asian nationals.

      Through this competition, important news stories on education in the region were given due recognition and shared among the SEAMEO Member Countries in the region and beyond for the past 10 years. The Press Award has also strengthened collaboration between SEAMEO Member Countries, development partners, and the Government of Australia which has been supporting the Award since its inception in the year 2000. For this year’s Award cycle, we are extending the invitation to professional and student journalists, as well as education communicators or persons who write and distribute information or knowledge regarding education, both print and non-print, such as newsletters and blogs. With this expansion of target audience, we are hopeful that we would be able to draw greater interest and wider participation on documenting significant innovations on education in Southeast Asia.

      In this connection, we would like to invite you to take part in this activity and seek your support in disseminating this information to your organization, network and other relevant institutions and agencies. The brochure containing the details of this year’s competition and the Application Form are attached. More information on the contest is also available at www.seameo.org/2010PressAward

      Deadline for submission of entries is 1 December 2010

      You may also contact the SEAMEO Secretariat at secretariat@ seameo.org or abigail@ seameo.org for queries.

      Sincerely,

      Retno Widyastuti, M.Si
      International Relations Division