THE OKAZAKI KAHEITA INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
- THE OKAZAKI KAHEITA INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
Aplication deadline: May 31st, 2010.
Anyone who supports the objectives of the foundation to build his/her own country and to promote international friendship, is outstanding in personality and ability, in sound health and is deemed to be in need of financial assistance for educational expenses, and who meets the following qualifications:
1. Be a citizen of Indonesia
2. Be a resident of Indonesia on April 1, 2010
3. Be born after April 2, 1986
4. Academic Qualifications: Must have graduated from a university designated by our foundation prior to March 31, 2011 and be able to obtain a letter of recommendation from his/her supervising professor. The applicants also required to have completed a total of 16 years of education at recognized educational facilities.
5. Major: The field of study selected by the applicant must be the same as his/her major at the undergraduate level. Preferably, the applicant should have selected the university of his/her choice and the supervising professor under whom he/her wishes to pursue graduate studies. The applicant`s proposed research theme should be suitable for study at the graduate level in a Japanese university.
6. Language ability: Must be able to understand graduate level lectures taught in Japanese or English. Selected applicants who have not yet learned Japanese are required to attend a Japanese language course at a language school for 6 months （approximately 500 hours）prior to coming to Japan. Furthermore, the selected applicant shall be required.
7. Dwelling: Must principally be willing to live in the ANA dormitory.
Note: The foundation thinks it desirable for the students to live in the ANA dormitory
Not only for the purpose of saving living expenses but also for the purpose of associating daily with young Japanese people living in the same facility.
8. Others: The foundation deems it most suitable that the selected applicant come to Japan alone (without his/her family) to study under our program.
- The student must live alone (without his/her family) for the first year in Japan.
- After one year it is possible for the selected student to live with his/her family if he/she wished to do so, but the foundation cannot give any assistance for his/her family.
Note: It is generally very hard for students from abroad to live and study in Japan. With his/her family, as the student will meet many difficulties such as the high cost of living, housing problems and language difficulty.
All applications must reach the Okazaki Kaheita International Scholarship Foundation no later than May 31, 2010. (Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.)
The applicant must submit the application form through the university which is appointed by the Foundation. Each application must contact to those university. He/She can not apply individually.
=============================Sincerely,RETNO WIDYASTUTIGraduate Student of Japanese Area StudiesUniversity of Indonesia - DepokHLN MITI Mahasiswa