- http://beasiswabelajar.com/education/beasiswa-luar-negri/beasiswa-belajar-leiden-university-program-master%e2%80%99s-degree-20092010.htm Study Scholarship atMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2009View Sourcehttp://beasiswabelajar.com/education/beasiswa-luar-negri/beasiswa-belajar-leiden-university-program-master%e2%80%99s-degree-20092010.htm
Study Scholarship at Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme
Netherlands – Leiden University offers scholarships to outstanding non-EU/EEA students pursuing an English taught master’s degree programme at Leiden University.
About Leiden Univeristy
Leiden University is a comprehensive and research intensive university with a 430-year history of producing outstanding graduates. A Leiden master’s diploma provides you with a firm basis for entering the employment market both at home and internationally.
Areas of Interest
- Arts and Humanities
- Business, Communication and IT
- Law/Criminology for Dutch Students (regular LL.M./Msc)
- Law for International students and professionals (LL.M./LL.M. Advanced )
- Science and Biomedical Science
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
Who is eligible.
Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2009 or February 2010 ( All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting September 2009 or February 2010:
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- MA in International Relations and Diplomacy
Students should be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship. It is necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance their study and stay completely.
One of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands is that students must submit proof that they have sufficient financial means to finance their study period in the Netherlands. Leiden University advises a budget, not including the tuition fee, of approx. €10,000 to €14,000 per year to cover the costs for rent, insurance, living expenses, course books and local transportation. How much money students actually spend will of course depend on their life style and spending habits.
To apply for the scholarship, you should write a letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship. The Word document can then be attached to your online application for the master’s programmes for which you are applying.
April 1 for programmes starting in September 2009
October 15 for programmes starting in February 2010
P.O. Box 9500 2300 RA Leiden The Netherlands
Rapenburg 70 2311 EZ Leiden
Phone : +31 (0)71 527 27 27 (operator)