opportunities..dr milis sebelah

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2008
      n *Thu, 12/11/08, Dewi, Shita N <DewiSN@state. gov>* wrote:

      From: Dewi, Shita N <DewiSN@state. gov>
      Subject: 2009 Study of the United States Institute Programs: Call for
      nominations
      To: "Jakarta, Exchanges" <jakartaexchanges@ state.gov>
      Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 11:54 PM

      Dear Sir/Madam,

      The Public Affairs Section is pleased to announce the Study of the United
      States Institute Programs for 2009. There are six different programs being
      offered in 2009 for university-level scholars. We hope to sponsor
      Indonesian participation in all six programs. The programs will take place
      in the U.S. between June and August 2009. Please see the attached program
      summaries and application with requirements.

      The Study of the U.S. Institutes are a valuable tool for building a solid
      understanding of the United States among Indonesia's scholars. This is a
      substantial investment by the U.S. government to provide foreign scholars
      the opportunity to deepen their understanding of American society, culture
      and institutions. The ultimate goal is to strengthen curricula and to
      improve the quality of teaching about the United States abroad.

      Please note: Candidates with limited or no prior travel or study in the U.S.
      will be given preference. Those who have recently received U.S. Government
      grants are not eligible. Our program office in Washington, D.C., will make
      the final selection of participants.

      We appreciate your assistance in identifying candidates. We ask that each
      section nominate *no more than* two candidates for each Study of the U.S.
      Institute Program. Please note that candidates must have strong English
      language skills, as all programs will be held in English. Application
      materials should be submitted electronically to the Exchanges Office via
      Jakartaexchanges@ state.gov by Friday, January 30, 2009. Please feel free to
      have the nominees complete the application personally. Should you have any
      questions concerning the program, please contact me or Ibu Shita tel. (021)
      3435-9529 or fax (021) 3435-9949.

      Thanks,

      Aroosha

      Aroosha Z. Rana
      Assistant Cultural Attaché

      Public Affairs Section
      U.S. Embassy Jakarta
      Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan No. 3-5
      Jakarta 10110, Indonesia
      Tel: 62-21-3435-9529
      Fax: 62-21-3435-9949
      E-mail: ranaaz@state. gov

      "Aerodynamically a bee can't fly .
      But since a bee don't know the law of aerodynamics , a bee fly."
      Mary Kay Ash
      Don't know who she is but worthy word she does has.

      ---