Fw: [kivatranslators] Kiva is a finalist and needs your help!

  • Iman Persada
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2008

      --- On Thu, 10/2/08, Naomi Baer <naomi@...> wrote:
      From: Naomi Baer <naomi@...>
      Subject: [kivatranslators] Kiva is a finalist and needs your help!
      To: kivatranslators@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 4:09 AM

      Hi Kiva Translators!

      As you may know, Kiva has made it to the top 5 of the American Express Member's Project competition.  Now that we have made it to the top 5, we are guaranteed a prize of $100,000.  While this is great news, we have our sights on the grand prize of $1.5 million!

      We were in 2nd place until last night and then we slipped into 3rd behind DonorsChoose.  We need your help to get out the vote and reclaim one of the top spots.

      The votes have been reset for this final round, and we have until October 13th to get everyone we know with an American Express card to vote. If you have an AmEx card, please click here to vote: http://www.membersp roject.com/ project/view/ P6KQEI.  Even if you voted in the first two rounds, you have to vote again for Kiva in this final round to have your votes count.  Here are two other simple ways to help our efforts:

      1.   Email the message below to your friends and family

      2.   Print the attached flier and hang it up around where you work, or hand it out at whenever you can over the next week. (The flier attachment won't come through on the Yahoo Group list, but email naomi@... if you'd like a copy to distribute.)

      Thanks so much for all the ways that you support Kiva!

      Best wishes,
      Naomi

      ------------ ---------

      Subject:  Kiva is a finalist!!

      Kiva has just been voted as one of the top 5 entries in the American Express Members Project competition, which keeps us in the running for the $1.5 million grand prize!

      I know many of you voted to get us to the top 5, which we really appreciate because it guarantees Kiva receives at least $100,000, but now the votes from September have been reset to zero and we have until October 13th to generate the most votes in order to win the $1.5 million grand prize, a huge sum for a non-profit like Kiva.

      What can you do to help in 1 minute?

      -    American Express Cardmembers, Vote Today:  http://www.membersp roject.com/ project/view/ P6KQEI

      -    Please Forward this Email to Friends & Family

      -    Facebook Users, Add the Kiva Video Application:  http://apps. facebook. com/kivavideo/ watch

      $1 donated to Kiva's Operational Expenses has led to $8 in loans.  If Kiva wins $1.5M, this could help facilitate $12M of additional loans to 24,000 entrepreneurs this year.  The beauty of the Kiva model is that when an entrepreneur repays his/her loan, the lender can re-invest it, which happens 60% of the time.  So over the next 10 years, your vote for Kiva could help generate $30 Million dollars in loans to 60,000 developing world entrepreneurs.

      How far Kiva has come in just 3 years since its founding in Oct, 2005:

      –       $44 million in total loans
      –       92,000 entrepreneurs empowered with a Kiva loan
      –       338,000 Kiva lenders
      –       98.5% repayment rate
      –       Lenders in 135+ developing countries

      How far we will go in the next 3 years…

      –       $250 million in total loans
      –       500,000 entrepreneurs empowered with a Kiva loan
      –       Vote for Kiva in the American Express Members Project to help Kiva make this vision a reality.  Your vote matters: http://www.membersp roject.com/ project/view/ P6KQEI

      Voting and getting out the vote is the single biggest thing you can do for Kiva this year!

      Thank you for your support

      --
      Naomi Baer
      Translation Program Manager