Fw: [dimasdiajengjogja] Limited Open Invitation: EngageMedia Online Video Workshop

  • Iman Persada
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008

      --- On Sun, 6/1/08, tovic raharja <tovicraharja@...> wrote:
      From: tovic raharja <tovicraharja@...>
      Subject: [dimasdiajengjogja] Limited Open Invitation: EngageMedia Online Video Workshop
      To: dimasdiajengjogja@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, June 1, 2008, 10:54 PM

      Teman-teman Yth.,

      IVAA dan Combine mengundang para pegiat video, pekerja seni dan aktivis yang bekerja dengan medium audio visual untuk mengikuti workshop distribusi video online.
      Materi akan diberikan oleh teman-teman dari EngageMedia, Australia.
      Bagi yang tertarik, bisa langsung menghubungi saya di alamat IVAA di bawah atau langsung ke 081578018157.

      Salam,
      Pitra

      Berikut keterangan dan rundown pelaksanaan:

      ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----
      EngageMedia
      is a media collective based in Melbourne. We operate the EngageMedia.org website distributing independent video about social-justice and environmental issues in Southeast Asia, Australia and the Pacific. We also produce the free open source software Plumi video content management system based on Plone, which enables any group to freely create their own video-sharing website. Please visit these websites for more information on our projects:

      http://engagemedia. org
      http://plumi. org

      In exchange we would like local groups to share with us their skills and experiences concerning video activism, video communities and video distribution in Indonesia. We can also offer to help gather content from local groups who wish to distribute their work online, and contribute to the EngageMedia.org online archive.

      We can offer training and presentations only in English, though all other discussions can happen in Bahasa Indonesia. Andy Nicholson and myself are studying Bahasa and will use it where possible, but we request that local groups can provide one person to help with translation where needed to ensure adequate communication.

      Asialink Workshop

      Each workshop day would consist of:
      • Presentation of EngageMedia and online video
      • Feedback from Participant Groups on EngageMedia
      • Discussions: Online Video in Indonesia
      • Practical Online Video Workshop: how to publish and watch online video using free and open source software
      • Transmission Asia-Pacific: report back on outcomes of the meeting in Sukabumi
      There would also be space in the afternoon to offer one of these sessions, depending on what participants wanted:
      • Free and Open Source Software for Video Makers (Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, NGO-in-a-box, Open Office, Firefox, Simple Theora Encoder, ffmpegX, Burn, Handbrake, Transmission BT, GIMP, Audacity, Miro, VLC)
      • Free and Open Source Online Video Management Systems (Plumi - Plone, Show In A Box - Wordpress, FilmForge - Drupal, MetavidWiki - MediaWiki)
      Or participants may prefer to organise other skill-sharing workshops or discussions during this time in the afternoon instead. We are very open to ideas that participants may have, and wish to respond to local needs and interests for training, skill-sharing and discussions. We can also be flexible and run this workshop over half a day, or over two days if this is preferable.

      Workshop Details

      Dates: Friday 6th of June

      Duration: 1 day workshop, 9am - 5pm

      Number of Attendees: 10 - 15

      Requirements:
      laptop for each participant and video materials

      Place: Ruang MES56 (Nagan Lor 17, Kraton, Yogyakarta)

      --
      Indonesian Visual Art Archive
      Jl. Patehan Tengah no.37 Yogyakarta 55133 INDONESIA