Something to laugh about

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9 8:05 PM
      Have a nice day
      zz

      do u thing organize a party is a simple task? check it out :)

      FROM: Patty Lewis, Head of HR
      TO: All Employees
      DATE: October 01, 2005
      RE: Christmas Party

      I'm happy to inform you that the office Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if the Chief shows up dressed as Santa Claus!

      A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00pm. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time; however, no gift should be over £5 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for Chester House! The Chief will make a special announcement at that time!

      Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Patty

      ************ ********* *********

      FROM: Patty Lewis, Head of HR
      TO: All Employees
      DATE: October 02, 2005
      RE: Holiday Party

      In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognise that Chanukah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians or those still celebrating Reconciliation Day. There will be no Christmas tree present. No Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

      Happy now?

      Happy Holidays to you and your family.

      Patty

      ************ ********* *********

      FROM: Patty Lewis, Head of HR
      TO: All Employees
      DATE: October 03, 2005
      RE: Holiday Party

      Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table. You didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody?

      Forget about the gifts exchange, no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that £5 is too much money and executives believe £5 is a little chintzy. NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

      Patty

      ************ ********* *********

      FROM: Patty Lewis, Head of HR
      To: All Employees
      DATE: October 04, 2005
      RE: Holiday Party

      What a diverse group we are! I had no idea about the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party - or else package everything for you to take it home in little foil doggy baggy. Will that work?

      Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table. To the person asking permission to cross dress, yes, this is allowed.

      We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food we suggest for those people with high blood pressure to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

      Did I miss anything?!?! ?

      Patty

      ************ ********* *********

      FROM: Patty Lewis, Head of HR
      TO: All F****** Employees
      DATE: October 05, 2005
      RE: The F****** Holiday Party

      Vegetarian pr**ks - I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your ******* salad bar, including organic tomatoes.

      But you know, tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW! I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die,

      The B**** from H***!!!!!!!!

      ************ ********* *********

      FROM: Joan Bishop, Acting Head of HR
      DATE: October 06, 2005
      RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

      I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery and I'll continue to forward your cards to her. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

      Happy Holidays!

      "Aerodynamically a bee can't fly .
      But since a bee don't know the law of aerodynamics , a bee fly."
      Mary Kay Ash
      Don't know who she is but worthy word she does has.

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2007
        Buat yg berminat , ..tuh buat yg mo ikut nulis en ngirim kan lumayan.
        yg bawah sendiri loh.
        Lumayan buat kampanye isu keberagaman.

        zz

        "dev job" <devjobsindo@yahoogroups.com>
        From:    Send an Instant Message "putu widhiantara" <putu_widhiantara@...>  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
        Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more
        Date:    Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:12:19 -0700 (PDT)
        Subject:    [DevJobsIndo] ILO - Administrative Secretary

        Job Description

        Employment-intensiv e growth for Indonesia:
        Job opportunities for young women and men
        (INS/06/50/NET)

        Duration: 12 months (3 month probation period) with the possibility of extension.

        Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia with extensive travel to the target programme province
        Title of position: Administrative Secretary
        Grade: GS 4
        Starting date: 15 July 2007
        Source of Fund: Cost-shared by relevant ILO projects

        1. Background
        Despite better macroeconomic performance in recent years, Indonesia’s open unemployment rate has risen from 8.1 % in 2001 to 10.4% in 2006, and the country faces an underemployment rate of 30 per cent. The youth unemployment rate is three times higher than for the general population, at 30.6%. The government of Indonesia has shown a strong commitment to addressing the challenges of youth employment, becoming one of the first nations to volunteer to be a lead country in the Youth Employment Network (YEN) and developing an Indonesia Youth Employment Action Plan.

        The ILO Jakarta will implement a four-year technical cooperation programme, Employment-intensiv e growth for Indonesia: Job opportunities for young women and men, funded by the Government of the Netherlands through the ILO-Netherlands Cooperation Programme (INCP), to support the country’s initiatives. The Programme forms an integral part of ILO support to the implementation of Indonesia Decent Work Country Programme by Government of Indonesia, Employers’ Organization, Workers’ organizations.

        The programme has a dual and mutually-reinforcin g strategy. On one hand, the programme will seek to mainstream decent and productive employment for youth into national economic and social policies, including through the adoption and implementation of national employment strategy. On the other hand, the programme will support subnational policy-makers in the Indonesian province of East Java to develop youth employment policies and strategically planned, locally-driven, partnership approaches to creating decent employment for young people.

        The Programme will be implemented as an integral part of the ILO’s work in Indonesia guided by the Indonesia Decent Work Country Programme. It will draw from achievements of other ILO initiatives in Indonesia and seek to replicate those in the Programme’s targeted province.

        2. The Position

        The ILO is hiring an Administrative Secretary. The incumbent will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Project team and the ILO Jakarta Office for all activities related to the implementation of the project and other Youth Employment links.

        3. Responsibilities and Duties of the Administrative Secretary

        Maintain project information system (in both paper and electronic files) for all programmes, administrative, financial and technical records, including reports, inventories, brochures, in-coming and out-going communications and all other documents based on established ILO procedure;
        Encode documents and communications and assist in the preparation of reports;
        3. Prepare budget estimates for project activities;
        4. Process and examine project budget information and make necessary summaries to monitor budget implementation in line with established ILO budgeting requirements
        5. Collect updated work plans from Partner Organizations in the field, prepare external collaborator contracts and Letters of Agreement

        Assist the Programme Team in the compilation of documents such as status reports, progress and evaluation reports, field assessments, and other reports as required by the Team
        7. Code and record receipts and payments, verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents, and maintain a continuing status of allotments against obligations (including petty cash);
        8. Arrange appointments and maintain the supervisor’s calendar; receive visitors; place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion;
        9. Organize meetings and workshops and perform documentation work in relation to these activities;
        10. Clear outgoing correspondence for accuracy and conformity with established procedures;
        11. Draft routine correspondence and take follow-up action as required;
        12. Assist in informal translation and interpretation work; and
        13. Perform other duties as assigned by the CTA and Project Assistants.

        Nationality – Indonesian.

        Experience – At least four years of experience in secretarial, administrative and finance-related work.

        Competencies – Ability to use Microsoft Office and spreadsheet software, as well as other computer software packages required for tasks. Good knowledge of financial and administrative principles and practices. Ability to work in a team and in a multi-cultural setting. Ability to work under pressure, maintain responsible behaviour and be sensitive to gender issues. Ability to effectively provide related support services to partner communities, government agencies, and institutions.

        Education – Completion of tertiary school education, supplemented by technical or university level courses in a field related to the task is the minimum requirement.
        Conditions: The post is subject to ILO conditions of service at General Service’s level 4. Initial offer will be for a 12 month period with possibility for extension, subject to fund availability.

        Written Examination and Interview
        Prospective candidates may be required to sit a written examination and take part in an interview.

        Application
        Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply and submit their application along with CV and other supporting documents and references, addressed to:

        The Director, ILO Jakarta
        Attn: INS/06/M50/NET
        P.O. BOX 1075, Jakarta 10010
        Email: JAKARTA@ilo. org
        Fax: 3100766

        Closing date: 18 June 2007
        "NGO" <devjobsindo@yahoogroups.com>
        From:    Send an Instant Message "christnev" <christnev@...>  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
        Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more
        Date:    Thu, 14 Jun 2007 03:47:18 -0700 (PDT)
        Subject:    [DevJobsIndo] Communications and Media Co-ordinator - Oxfam GB - UK

        Communications and Media Co-ordinator
        14 Jun 2007 10:08:00 GMT
        14 Jun 2007 10:08:00 GMT ## for search indexer, do not remove--> Source: Oxfam GB - UK
        Oxfam GB

        [input] Deadline: 25 Jun 2007 Organisation: Oxfam GB - UK Location: Indonesia Type: permanent Salary: TBA (000's USD) Description: Aceh, Indonesia
        GBP19,740 net pa (6 month fixed-term contract)
        Who we are
        On 26th December 2004, a massive earthquake hit the northern Sumatran coast, triggering an enormous Tsunami. The surrounding countries were devastated. In Indonesia alone, over 170,000 were killed and 2 million made homeless. Then, in 2005 another earthquake caused great damage on the island of Nias. Here at Oxfam GB, we're currently focussed on alleviating the suffering in Aceh and Nias. We have 7 key projects, each with budgets of over £1 million and between 70 and 160 contracted staff. Working closely with other relief organisations and with local communities, we're striving hard to support and accelerate the area's recovery.
        The role
        You'll have the crucial role of maintaining strong links between Communications and our teams on the ground, ensuring high quality information and messages, about our work, are clearly communicated. This will enable a large range of audiences and stakeholders to increase their understanding of our Tsunami Recovery programme in Aceh and Nias. To maximise the impact of Oxfam GB's operational Tsunami Programme you'll implement and further develop the communications strategy, and plan for 2007. In addition, you'll work with our wider East Asia teams to enhance our pro-poor policy change messages, while making sure the Oxfam name, culture and values are constantly visible. And, you'll liaise with our advocacy and policy teams to keep messages consistent and handle all international media enquiries.
        What we are looking for
        Essential to this role is a proven track record in a relevant media or communications role, where you successfully wrote, presented and produced high quality information and messages that were consistently on brand. Highly self-motivated, you'll be a good team player who knows how to effectively inspire and support a dedicated team. With the ability to react effectively to unpredictable changes you'll enjoy working in this fast-paced environment. Naturally, you'll be an exceptional communicator who has outstanding written skills, excellent time management abilities and a flexible approach.
        To apply
        It's our firm belief that every aspect of our work can contribute to a positive conclusion. If you agree and have the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment - as well as outstanding opportunities to enrich and develop your career. For further information and details of how to apply, please visit www.oxfam.org. uk/jobs quoting ref: INT2247
            "dev" <devjobsindo@yahoogroups.com>
        From:    Send an Instant Message "MERCYCORPS INDONESIA" <mercycorpsindonesia@...>  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
        Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more
        Date:    Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:13:00 +0800 (CST)
        Subject:    [DevJobsIndo] operations manager posiiton in mercy corps jakarta

        MERCYCORPS, an international relief and development organization that focuses on alleviating hardship, reducing poverty and improving living conditions of vulnerable populations in crisis urgently searching for qualified Indonesia citizens for Operations Manager based in Jakarta

        QUALLIFICATIONS

        Minimum of five 5 years field experience in administrative or operational support functons with a humanitarian non governmental organization;
        Minimum of two years experience in humanitarian assistance field emergency / relief settings;
        Experience in setting up and managing administration and finance management systems;
        Experience in procurement, logistics and human resource management
        Ability to provide support, coordination, supervision and monitoring activities designed to meet program objectives;
        Ability to develop, implement and manage relevant operations systems;
        Fluency in English verbal and written communication.

        Please send your resume and 3 references with position applied on email subject
        before: 22 June 2007 : hrd@.... org
        Please also visit http://indonesia. mercycorps. org for further detail information
        ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIEDdaily_crcs@yahoogroups.com
        From: "yulia riswan" <yuliariswan@...>  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
        Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more
        Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:28:56 -0700
        Subject: [daily_crcs] Subject: Call for Papers: Muslim Youth as Agents of Change*

        1st Announcement and Call for Papers
        http://www.indonesi anyoungleaders. org/userfile/ tiyl_affiche. pdf<http://mail1. plasa.com/ Redirect/ www.indonesianyo ungleaders. org/userfile/ tiyl_affiche. pdf>

        *Muslim Youth as Agents of Change in Indonesia*

        1st International Conference within the framework of the Indonesian Young
        Leaders Programme

        *27-29 November 2007, Klub Bunga Hotel, Butu Malang, Indonesia*

        We invite you to submit paper abstracts for this conference. You are also
        welcome to send in panel proposals.

        Deadline to send in abstracts: *15 August 2007*

        Joint conference organised by:

        - Leiden University, the Netherlands,

        - The Ministry of Religious Affairs, Indonesia

        - Universitas Islam Malang (UNISMA), Indonesia.

        - Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words and be accompanied by a
        short resume/CV (max. 2 pages).
        - Funds will be made available to invited speakers and to those
        selected speakers (from Africa, the Middle East and South/Southeast Asia)
        who do not have resources available to cover their travel and lodging
        expenses. To qualify for a grant, please submit a short letter of motivation
        to the given email-address.
        - *For further information* :

        M.R. van Amersfoort,
        youngleaders@ let.leidenuniv. nl <youngleaders% 40let.leidenuniv .nl><
        youngleaders@ let.leidenuniv. nl <youngleaders% 40let.leidenuniv .nl>
        ?subject=informatio n%20conference>

        Or visit: *www.indonesianyoun gleaders. org*

        Youth is intrinsically linked with the search for independence,
        individuality and an own identity, as well as with the Challenging of the
        status quo. In Indonesia, authority is very much linked to seniority but,
        despite this, youth have always played an important role in changes in the
        political, intellectual and social landscape. This was illustrated by the
        prominent role of youth in the developments which led to the fall of
        President Suharto in 1998. This conference aims to investigate the role of
        Muslim youth as agents of change in Indonesia, where Muslims constitute the
        majority (approximately 90%) and where a majority is under the age of 25.

        The conference will investigate under what circumstances Muslim youth have
        become agents of change by looking at their personal and educational
        backgrounds, exposure to media, and the influence of Islam (in the form of
        dakwah and other manifestations) , in order to establish what moral values
        have influenced the youth to act in the way that they have (or have not).

        Particular attention will be paid to the context in which Muslim youths seem
        to radicalise, as well as to the context in which this radicalisation has
        led to active participation in violent actions. In this case, an
        investigation will be made into the factors that contributed to this
        violence, as well as into the factors which prevent Muslim youth from
        participating in violent actions. Islam will also be an important focus of
        research, not only as a factor which might have stimulated violence
        (possibly prompted by transnational Islam in the form of Wahhabism or
        neo-Salafism) , as is often assumed, but also explicitly as a factor which
        mitigated or even obstructed the occurrence of violence (possibly prompted
        by more indigenous interpretations of Islam). One possible way to establish
        the role of Islam or the absence thereof is to investigate whether there is
        a difference in the behaviour of Muslim youth and non-Muslim youth.

        During the conference scholars with expertise from countries other than
        Indonesia will participate in order to establish foreign influences on
        Indonesian Muslim youth, as well as to address the same problematic for
        other regions, so that the Indonesian experience can be understood from an
        international comparative perspective.

        Jennifer Munger, Managing Editor

        *Journal of Asian Studies*

        401 Bascom Hall

        500 Lincoln Drive

        University of Wisconsin-Madison

        Madison, WI 53706

        Phone/Fax (608) 890-0740

        jas@intl-institute. wisc.edu <jas%40intl- institute. wisc.edu>

        http://www.aasianst .org/ <http://mail1. plasa.com/ Redirect/ www.aasianst. org/>

        "Aerodynamically a bee can't fly .
        But since a bee don't know the law of aerodynamics , a bee fly."
        Mary Kay Ash
        Don't know who she is but worthy word she does has.

        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.