Re: [PeaceGeneration] Fwd: Pidato Hugo Chavez di pertemuan UN

  • mayang diantami
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
      wah..pidato yang hebat...sangat sulit untuk sekedar berani mengungkap kebenaran.
      aku baru denger juga Evo Morales dilarang terbang di atas wilayah AS (tidak ada alasan yang jelas)
      anyway...aku rasa milis ini dan email2 kita udah pada di-spy sama CIA karena kita suka ngomongin hal 'gitu-gitu an'
      have a good day Friend...may world could be a better place

      kokok caroko <assisijay@...> wrote:
      lucu deh..

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out. Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 05:51:50 +0100 (BST)
      From: sarie huyeaahh <chalienda@...>
      Subject: Fwd: Pidato Hugo Chavez di pertemuan UN
      To: hendra uung <yogyapeace@...>, kokok caroko <assisijay@...>

      Note: forwarded message attached.
      Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
      From: fikri dian <bayannist@...>
      Subject: Pidato Hugo Chavez di pertemuan UN
      To: keluarga-krapyak@yahoogroups.com, patrick.herman@...,
      harry.sosiawan@..., ina.sukarno@..., chalienda@...,
      die_fmj@..., rini_ucoq@..., mulyadism@...,
      dpurwestri@..., beta_tony@..., caly_s@...,
      bakkarmail@...

      Address to the United Nations

      Rise Up Against the Empire

      By HUGO CHAVEZ
      Counterpunch
      September 20, 2006
      http://www.counterpunch.org/

      Representatives of the governments of the world, good
      morning to all of you. First of all, I would like to
      invite you, very respectfully, to those who have not
      read this book, to read it.

      Noam Chomsky, one of the most prestigious American and
      world intellectuals, Noam Chomsky, and this is one of
      his most recent books, 'Hegemony or Survival: The
      Imperialist Strategy of the United States.'" [Holds up
      book, waves it in front of General Assembly.] "It's an
      excellent book to help us understand what has been
      happening in the world throughout the 20th century, and
      what's happening now, and the greatest threat looming
      over our planet.

      The hegemonic pretensions of the American empire are
      placing at risk the very survival of the human species.
      We continue to warn you about this danger and we appeal
      to the people of the United States and the world to
      halt this threat, which is like a sword hanging over
      our heads. I had considered reading from this book,
      but, for the sake of time," [flips through the pages,
      which are numerous] "I will just leave it as a
      recommendation.

      It reads easily, it is a very good book, I'm sure
      Madame [President] you are familiar with it. It appears
      in English, in Russian, in Arabic, in German. I think
      that the first people who should read this book are our
      brothers and sisters in the United States, because
      their threat is right in their own house.

      The devil is right at home. The devil, the devil
      himself, is right in the house.

      "And the devil came here yesterday. Yesterday the devil
      came here. Right here." [crosses himself] "And it
      smells of sulfur still today.

      Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the
      president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I
      refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned
      the world. Truly. As the owner of the world.

      I think we could call a psychiatrist to analyze
      yesterday's statement made by the president of the
      United States. As the spokesman of imperialism, he came
      to share his nostrums, to try to preserve the current
      pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the
      peoples of the world.

      An Alfred Hitchcock movie could use it as a scenario. I
      would even propose a title: "The Devil's Recipe."

      As Chomsky says here, clearly and in depth, the
      American empire is doing all it can to consolidate its
      system of domination. And we cannot allow them to do
      that. We cannot allow world dictatorship to be
      consolidated.

      The world parent's statement -- cynical, hypocritical,
      full of this imperial hypocrisy from the need they have
      to control everything.

      They say they want to impose a democratic model. But
      that's their democratic model. It's the false democracy
      of elites, and, I would say, a very original democracy
      that's imposed by weapons and bombs and firing weapons.

      What a strange democracy. Aristotle might not recognize
      it or others who are at the root of democracy.

      What type of democracy do you impose with marines and
      bombs?

      The president of the United States, yesterday, said to
      us, right here, in this room, and I'm quoting,
      "Anywhere you look, you hear extremists telling you can
      escape from poverty and recover your dignity through
      violence, terror and martyrdom."

      Wherever he looks, he sees extremists. And you, my
      brother -- he looks at your color, and he says, oh,
      there's an extremist. Evo Morales, the worthy president
      of Bolivia, looks like an extremist to him.

      The imperialists see extremists everywhere. It's not
      that we are extremists. It's that the world is waking
      up. It's waking up all over. And people are standing
      up.

      I have the feeling, dear world dictator, that you are
      going to live the rest of your days as a nightmare
      because the rest of us are standing up, all those who
      are rising up against American imperialism, who are
      shouting for equality, for respect, for the sovereignty
      of nations.

      Yes, you can call us extremists, but we are rising up
      against the empire, against the model of domination.

      The president then -- and this he said himself, he
      said: "I have come to speak directly to the populations
      in the Middle East, to tell them that my country wants
      peace."

      That's true. If we walk in the streets of the Bronx, if
      we walk around New York, Washington, San Diego, in any
      city, San Antonio, San Francisco, and we ask
      individuals, the citizens of the United States, what
      does this country want? Does it want peace? They'll say
      yes.

      But the government doesn't want peace. The government
      of the United States doesn't want peace. It wants to
      exploit its system of exploitation, of pillage, of
      hegemony through war.

      It wants peace. But what's happening in Iraq? What
      happened in Lebanon? In Palestine? What's happening?
      What's happened over the last 100 years in Latin
      America and in the world? And now threatening Venezuela
      -- new threats against Venezuela, against Iran?

      He spoke to the people of Lebanon. Many of you, he
      said, have seen how your homes and communities were
      caught in the crossfire. How cynical can you get? What
      a capacity to lie shamefacedly. The bombs in Beirut
      with millimetric precision?

      This is crossfire? He's thinking of a western, when
      people would shoot from the hip and somebody would be
      caught in the crossfire.

      This is imperialist, fascist, assassin, genocidal, the
      empire and Israel firing on the people of Palestine and
      Lebanon. That is what happened. And now we hear, "We're
      suffering because we see homes destroyed.'

      The president of the United States came to talk to the
      peoples -- to the peoples of the world. He came to say
      -- I brought some documents with me, because this
      morning I was reading some statements, and I see that
      he talked to the people of Afghanistan, the people of
      Lebanon, the people of Iran. And he addressed all these
      peoples directly.

      And you can wonder, just as the president of the United
      States addresses those peoples of the world, what would
      those peoples of the world tell him if they were given
      the floor? What would they have to say?

      And I think I have some inkling of what the peoples of
      the south, the oppressed people think. They would say,
      "Yankee imperialist, go home." I think that is what
      those people would say if they were given the
      microphone and if they could speak with one voice to
      the American imperialists.

      And that is why, Madam President, my colleagues, my
      friends, last year we came here to this same hall as we
      have been doing for the past eight years, and we said
      something that has now been confirmed -- fully, fully
      confirmed.

      I don't think anybody in this room could defend the
      system. Let's accept -- let's be honest. The U.N.
      system, born after the Second World War, collapsed.
      It's worthless.

      Oh, yes, it's good to bring us together once a year,
      see each other, make statements and prepare all kinds
      of long documents, and listen to good speeches, like
      Abel's yesterday, or President Mullah's . Yes, it's
      good for that.

      And there are a lot of speeches, and we've heard lots
      from the president of Sri Lanka, for instance, and the
      president of Chile.

      But we, the assembly, have been turned into a merely
      deliberative organ. We have no power, no power to make
      any impact on the terrible situation in the world. And
      that is why Venezuela once again proposes, here, today,
      20 September, that we re-establish the United Nations.

      Last year, Madam, we made four modest proposals that we
      felt to be crucially important. We have to assume the
      responsibility our heads of state, our ambassadors, our
      representatives, and we have to discuss it.

      The first is expansion, and Mullah talked about this
      yesterday right here. The Security Council, both as it
      has permanent and non-permanent categories, (inaudible)
      developing countries and LDCs must be given access as
      new permanent members. That's step one.

      Second, effective methods to address and resolve world
      conflicts, transparent decisions.

      Point three, the immediate suppression -- and that is
      something everyone's calling for -- of the anti-
      democratic mechanism known as the veto, the veto on
      decisions of the Security Council.

      Let me give you a recent example. The immoral veto of
      the United States allowed the Israelis, with impunity,
      to destroy Lebanon. Right in front of all of us as we
      stood there watching, a resolution in the council was
      prevented.

      Fourthly, we have to strengthen, as we've always said,
      the role and the powers of the secretary general of the
      United Nations.

      Yesterday, the secretary general practically gave us
      his speech of farewell. And he recognized that over the
      last 10 years, things have just gotten more
      complicated; hunger, poverty, violence, human rights
      violations have just worsened. That is the tremendous
      consequence of the collapse of the United Nations
      system and American hegemonistic pretensions.

      Madam, Venezuela a few years ago decided to wage this
      battle within the United Nations by recognizing the
      United Nations, as members of it that we are, and
      lending it our voice, our thinking.

      Our voice is an independent voice to represent the
      dignity and the search for peace and the reformulation
      of the international system; to denounce persecution
      and aggression of hegemonistic forces on the planet.

      This is how Venezuela has presented itself. Bolivar's
      home has sought a nonpermanent seat on the Security
      Council.

      Let's see. Well, there's been an open attack by the
      U.S. government, an immoral attack, to try and prevent
      Venezuela from being freely elected to a post in the
      Security Council.

      The imperium is afraid of truth, is afraid of
      independent voices. It calls us extremists, but they
      are the extremists.

      And I would like to thank all the countries that have
      kindly announced their support for Venezuela, even
      though the ballot is a secret one and there's no need
      to announce things.

      But since the imperium has attacked, openly, they
      strengthened the convictions of many countries. And
      their support strengthens us.

      Mercosur, as a bloc, has expressed its support, our
      brothers in Mercosur. Venezuela, with Brazil,
      Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, is a full member of
      Mercosur.

      And many other Latin American countries, CARICOM,
      Bolivia have expressed their support for Venezuela. The
      Arab League, the full Arab League has voiced its
      support. And I am immensely grateful to the Arab world,
      to our Arab brothers, our Caribbean brothers, the
      African Union. Almost all of Africa has expressed its
      support for Venezuela and countries such as Russia or
      China and many others.

      I thank you all warmly on behalf of Venezuela, on
      behalf of our people, and on behalf of the truth,
      because Venezuela, with a seat on the Security Council,
      will be expressing not only Venezuela's thoughts, but
      it will also be the voice of all the peoples of the
      world, and we will defend dignity and truth.

      Over and above all of this, Madam President, I think
      there are reasons to be optimistic. A poet would have
      said "helplessly optimistic," because over and above
      the wars and the bombs and the aggressive and the
      preventive war and the destruction of entire peoples,
      one can see that a new era is dawning.

      As Silvio Rodriguez says, the era is giving birth to a
      heart. There are alternative ways of thinking. There
      are young people who think differently. And this has
      already been seen within the space of a mere decade. It
      was shown that the end of history was a totally false
      assumption, and the same was shown about Pax Americana
      and the establishment of the capitalist neo-liberal
      world. It has been shown, this system, to generate mere
      poverty. Who believes in it now?

      What we now have to do is define the future of the
      world. Dawn is breaking out all over. You can see it in
      Africa and Europe and Latin America and Oceanea. I want
      to emphasize that optimistic vision.

      We have to strengthen ourselves, our will to do battle,
      our awareness. We have to build a new and better world.

      Venezuela joins that struggle, and that's why we are
      threatened. The U.S. has already planned, financed and
      set in motion a coup in Venezuela, and it continues to
      support coup attempts in Venezuela and elsewhere.

      President Michelle Bachelet reminded us just a moment
      ago of the horrendous assassination of the former
      foreign minister, Orlando Letelier.

      And I would just add one thing: Those who perpetrated
      this crime are free. And that other event where an
      American citizen also died were American themselves.
      They were CIA killers, terrorists.

      And we must recall in this room that in just a few days
      there will be another anniversary. Thirty years will
      have passed from this other horrendous terrorist attack
      on the Cuban plane, where 73 innocents died, a Cubana
      de Aviacion airliner.

      And where is the biggest terrorist of this continent
      who took the responsibility for blowing up the plane?
      He spent a few years in jail in Venezuela. Thanks to
      CIA and then government officials, he was allowed to
      escape, and he lives here in this country, protected by
      the government.

      And he was convicted. He has confessed to his crime.
      But the U.S. government has double standards. It
      protects terrorism when it wants to.

      And this is to say that Venezuela is fully committed to
      combating terrorism and violence. And we are one of the
      people who are fighting for peace.

      Luis Posada Carriles is the name of that terrorist who
      is protected here. And other tremendously corrupt
      people who escaped from Venezuela are also living here
      under protection: a group that bombed various
      embassies, that assassinated people during the coup.
      They kidnapped me and they were going to kill me, but I
      think God reached down and our people came out into the
      streets and the army was too, and so I'm here today.

      But these people who led that coup are here today in
      this country protected by the American government. And
      I accuse the American government of protecting
      terrorists and of having a completely cynical
      discourse.

      We mentioned Cuba. Yes, we were just there a few days
      ago. We just came from there happily.

      And there you see another era born. The Summit of the
      15, the Summit of the Nonaligned, adopted a historic
      resolution. This is the outcome document. Don't worry,
      I'm not going to read it.

      But you have a whole set of resolutions here that were
      adopted after open debate in a transparent matter --
      more than 50 heads of state. Havana was the capital of
      the south for a few weeks, and we have now launched,
      once again, the group of the nonaligned with new
      momentum.

      And if there is anything I could ask all of you here,
      my companions, my brothers and sisters, it is to please
      lend your good will to lend momentum to the Nonaligned
      Movement for the birth of the new era, to prevent
      hegemony and prevent further advances of imperialism.

      And as you know, Fidel Castro is the president of the
      nonaligned for the next three years, and we can trust
      him to lead the charge very efficiently.

      Unfortunately they thought, "Oh, Fidel was going to
      die." But they're going to be disappointed because he
      didn't. And he's not only alive, he's back in his green
      fatigues, and he's now presiding the nonaligned.

      So, my dear colleagues, Madam President, a new, strong
      movement has been born, a movement of the south. We are
      men and women of the south.

      With this document, with these ideas, with these
      criticisms, I'm now closing my file. I'm taking the
      book with me. And, don't forget, I'm recommending it
      very warmly and very humbly to all of you.

      We want ideas to save our planet, to save the planet
      from the imperialist threat. And hopefully in this very
      century, in not too long a time, we will see this, we
      will see this new era, and for our children and our
      grandchildren a world of peace based on the fundamental
      principles of the United Nations, but a renewed United
      Nations.

      And maybe we have to change location. Maybe we have to
      put the United Nations somewhere else; maybe a city of
      the south. We've proposed Venezuela.

      You know that my personal doctor had to stay in the
      plane. The chief of security had to be left in a locked
      plane. Neither of these gentlemen was allowed to arrive
      and attend the U.N. meeting. This is another abuse and
      another abuse of power on the part of the Devil. It
      smells of sulfur here, but God is with us and I embrace
      you all.

      May God bless us all. Good day to you.

      Do you Yahoo!?