Fwd: [sabayatsa] Fwd: Vacancy Announcement for Interpreter FAO
Terms of Reference
Responsibilities:The position is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and under the technical supervision of the CTA. The position will do interpretation and translation for the Resource Person during the Participatory Disease Surveillance/Participatory Disease Response Training; during lecture and field work and interview with farmers and other stakeholders; and translate reports and other information from Bahasa to English and English to Bahasa, as the case maybe.Specific responsibilities include:
3. Performs other related duties as required.
- Interpret the discussions of the Resource person during lectures/classroom discussion;
- Translate during field visits and interviews with the farmers;
- Translate reports, information and data from Bahasa to English and vice versa if needed;
- has professional credential as interpreter/translator, e.g. certification coming from accreditation authority;
- good memo and writing skills;
- excellent written and spoken English; Speaks Bahasa fluently.
- ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds;
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- ability to work with minimum supervision
Duration: Initial contract for 3 months, but renewable up to end of September 2006.
Duty Station: Will be based in the AI Project Office in the Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta, Indonesia with duty travel in the regions.
Note: forwarded message attached.
Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.