Fwd: [russiasix] Russia bans US Peace Corps

  • persephone092476@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2002
    • exfed3 <exfed3@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
        Robin,
        Not sure how many are still checking this site, but I do from time
        to time since I was one of the many "rejected" invitees. Luckily
        for me, better international opportunities took the place of my
        Peace Corps dreams. But the article was interesting nonetheless, as
        I'm sure it was for you as well. I wish you all the best in your
        future endeavours.
        Mark

        --- In PeaceCorpsRFE@yahoogroups.com, persephone092476@a... wrote:

        > Russia bans US Peace Corps
        >
        > MOSCOW, Dec 27 (AFP) - Russia has officially told the United
        States that the
        > Peace Corps would no longer be allowed in the country, saying the
        US
        > volunteer group is meant for developing countries, sources said
        Friday.