PCV Bulgaria Charity Football (Soccer) Tournament

  • Jimmy Wall
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2008
      3rd Annual Chirpan Charity Football (Soccer) Tournament

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing sports and wants to get involved with
      a fun charitable event. The teams will ideally consist of 5 players;
      it's always good to have a sub.

      What: 4 on 4 small field soccer tournament. The games will be 20
      minutes with a 5 min halftime. There will be a social as well as a
      competitive division.

      When: Saturday April 12th 2007. Registration starts at 9:00am,
      exhibition match between the PCVs/Guests against the Municipality of
      Chirpan at 10:00am and the tournament starts at 11:00am

      Where: The Stadium in Chirpan- Central Bulgaria, on the main highway
      between Plovdiv and Stara Zagora. Every bus or train traveling from
      Sofia to Burgas travels directly through Chirpan. It is a town of
      18,000 people, so there are plenty of restaurants and a hotel if you
      are planning on staying the night on Friday. There will be several
      Bulgarian PCVs coming so we can show you the area after the
      tournament.

      Why: To have fun, play some soccer, and raise some money for the new
      At-Risk Children's Center opened last month in Chirpan. Entry is 5 BG
      Leva a person

      If you are interested in playing or have any questions please contact
      me.

      Jimmy Wall
      Wall.JamesL@...
    • Jimmy Wall
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2008
        It's April 12th, 2008 not 2007! My mistake.

        --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, "Jimmy Wall"