Friends of Ukraine Newsletter

  • vjpulver
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2008
      The next edition of The Trident, the newsletter of the Friends of
      Ukraine, is due to hit the presses this month. This is a grassroots
      newsletter based on inputs from those of us who simply share a love
      of Ukraine and wish to support the efforts of PCVs and others who
      share that love. You DO NOT have to be a dues-paying member to
      submit materials!

      This is YOUR opportunity to showcase you recent project success, or
      lampoon your recent foolish failure.

      This is also a chance to get the word out about a program you may be
      promoting or a camp you need help with. Advertise, solicit, connect,
      network...our readers like to help one another so strut your stuff!

      For those of you who like to tell tales, this is a chance to share a
      memory or tell about a situation you encountered in Ukraine. A
      little humor about your New Year's Eve experiences or about those
      people who are trying to get you married off...tell us! Maybe your
      memories of Ukraine are long past - we would love to hear about what
      a PCV's life was like back in those early days of hyper-inflation and
      before the Internet, cell phone and credit cards were part of life in
      Ukraine! Tell us how YOU were changed by your Ukraine
      experience...our readership will enjoy your stories.

      we would also love to hear about what some of you back in the USA are
      doing to continue helping those people and projects back in Ukraine.
      Or how about the Third Goal activities you may be undertaking? What
      is life like one year after Peace Corps service?

      Articles, stories, news events and calendar items submitted by
      Saturday, 27 January 2008 will be considered for publication in the
      next edition. Photos and videos will also be considered and/or
      posted on the Friends of Ukraine Website(s). Material submitted
      after the suspense date may be used in later editions.

      I am the point of contact for submissions: Virginia J. Pulver;
      vjpulver@...

      OK, start tapping away on those computer keys and let's see some
      materials! You know you have something to share! 8-)

      FYI: to see an earlier copy of Friends of Ukraine newsletter:The
      Trident, click or cut & paste -
      http://co.net/friends/Newsletter.html

      Want to be a due's paying member of Friends of Ukraine?
      Contact the National Peace Corps Association's RPCV affiliate
      organization site: click or cut & paste:
      www.RPCV.org

      Life is good...

      "Ginn"
      Ukraine 2005-2007