Grant opportunity for PCVs (in Ukraine only)

  • Lerri Atwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2007
      -----Original Message-----
      From: peacecorpsukraine@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:peacecorpsukraine@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of williamfordyce
      Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:20 PM
      To: peacecorpsukraine@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [peacecorpsukraine] Grant opportunity for PCVs

      Peace Corps Ukraine is not willing to forward this email to current
      volunteers, as my wife
      and I are not a grant giving organization. Therefore, if you have an ability
      to forward this
      to current PCVs in Ukraine, please do so-as we want to have a wide
      distribution.

      Many thanks and happy holidays

      Bill and Lyuda

      Dear Ukraine Peace Corps Volunteers,

      My wife Lyudmyla (former volunteer trainer) and I (RPCV from Group 17) have
      decided to
      provide two small grants for projects which assist undeserved populations in
      Ukraine. We
      will provide $500 each to fund two selected projects.

      We have no specific requirements as to the nature or target group, although
      priority will
      be given to work with underprivileged groups such as orphans or elderly
      folks.

      Please send a brief proposal (one page or less) on where, when and how your
      project will
      help one of these target groups. No budget and reporting will be necessary,
      but a note
      from time to time about how the project is going would be appreciated.

      Deadline for proposals is January 8. Please send proposals to
      williamfordyce@....

      This is an independent grant opportunity, and is unrelated to any government
      programs or
      organizations.

      Warm regards,

      Bill and Lyudmyla Fordyce